Star Wars - THE LAST JEDI

Don't ask how, but I've seen what is essentially the final cut of TLJ. You can believe me or not, I don't really care but I will take questions about the movie if y'all are interested in finding out more!

Who were Rey's parents?

*unzips cock*
OH YEAH?

What are the first and last scenes?

So why dont you post about it in the other thread faggot.

Well you may as well tell everyone that it's nothing like JJ Abrams' TFA and if you like unique movies then you should like this.

What worries me is JJ coming back for Episode 9 and that he is going to ruin this vision and look Rian has done.

Is the sloth in it?

bullshit bait

The fuck is up with porgs? Why do they haul around essentially useless penguin things from Luke's exile-planet?

Around the beginning of the movie, we are led to believe that Rey's parents dumped her on Jakku after discovering and freaking out over her force powers. However, it is still implied that Luke and co know more about what's going on then revealed.

>haul around
What the fuck are you talking about?

A story for another time. I still cant believe how badly disney fucked up this franchise.

The first scene is the first order attacking the resistance base on D'Quar, the last scene is Luke on the Raddus agreeing to complete Rey's training

It looks and feels similar to TFA in terms of visual style, but story wise it is fairly different. Probably one of the more cynical SW movies even though it had some good humour

Any reylo/kylo x try stuff I can taunt the fangirls with?

Describe what Anakin looks like?

Fucking embarrassing. I had to get up and pace around the room.

I actually know what this is a reference to! So on Ach-to there's a monster that comes out to feed on porgs. Rey is like what did they do to deserve that? Luke tells her that if she wants to see something done shes gonna have to do it herself (luke really doesn't rey on the island). She eventually does and those nun things get mad at her bc she's fucking up the natural ecosystem. It's essentially there to be like sometimes bad things happen but it can be for the greater good

Is it true that Snoke is some sort of body switching entity that has been around for a long time?

Give us Snoke details

Some animal eating another animal isnt a bad thing. This sounds like garbage.

Eh their connection is implied again like it was in TFA but nothing like they're in love. And Anakin is not in the movie

Is it true that it takes place exactly right after the end of TFA meaning that no time has passed between the two?

Are there any hints to a new Death Star or a new Starkiller?

Is any female character even remotely attractive by average straight male standards?

well it's established that the porgs are these cute innocent things so it's like how can they be so viciously eaten

>cute innocent things
Are you a 12 year old girl? I suppose its a great tragedy when a fox eats a rabbit too.

Snoke has been around for a while he's very slow in his movements but nothing implying body shifting. Something interesting is that he wears this ring that uses the dark side of the force to sustain his life force. It's implied without this ring snokes body would deteriorate away as his age would catch up with him. It's essentially the last thing keeping him alive and Luke knows which is why he's terrified of him

That is so fucking retarded, what the fuck.

Give us info on young Ben Solo, what happened between him and Luke?

OP is probably bullshitting but what do you think you're watching user. That's the kind of shit that's in Star Wars. They're family movies with a lot of cheesy shit.

1. Yes this film picks up pretty much exactly where TFA left off.
2. No new superweapon, the initial conflict is blowing up the dreadnaught as once it gets to Crait the resistance figures they're fucked. However it is revealed (almost like poetry with the bigger fish from TPM) that the Supremacy has been lurking in deep space the whole time and the Dreadnaught was just a distraction
3. Um like I think Daisy's kinda sexy but Kelly Marie Tran is a no no

Disney didn't make the pleb-quels.

We've seen animals killed and eaten in star wars. Its just part of nature. It wzs never played as some evil for the greater good shit.

Not saying it's a tragedy when it happens the whole point is to prove that this shit happens naturally and there's always gonna be like a dark force along with the light that's how things stay balanced. And it is a lil scary when the thing eats a bunch of baby porgs

Thanks. Shame about #1, they missed a chance for books and stuff that could take place in between the movies.

That doesn't sound too bad
The poster below you really doesn't know what the fuck he's talking about, the new movie could be about literally anything and he'd call it retarded fanfiction, without considering how ridiculous the originals were and how they relied on strange elements and incorporated old story telling methods.

No, they made something far worse.

What are you talking about? You think that just because the old ones weren't perfect that they should make the new ones bad on purpose as well? Also, a ring with powers, I wonder where I've seen that before...

>lil scary
Are you a 90s born queer reddit tourist user?

The originals were original at least.

Are Yoda/Obi Wan in this at all?
Any prequel references?

You're a fucking moron user.

How does it compare to TFA and Rogue One? Does Luke use his lightsaber?

Do they show the "new" X-Wing? Not the TFA one, apparently there's another one that was mentioned somewhere but still not shown in the movies.
And how close is that infamous white planet battle to the battle of Hoth?
Idc about spoilers if you tell me how they take down the not-ATATs this time.

I never said it was stupid, I like these elements
And no they aren't original. Are you high? Star Wars is full of the oldest tropes ever, the only inventive thing it did was spruce it up with sci fi paint and have it have stellar special effects and music.
I like the weird old elements, I mean yeah it's kind of an obvious LotR reference but it works. Gives Snoke a solid vulnurability and feels Star Wars-y. It's fantastical, whereas shit like Rogue One is just some crap sterile Steven Segal lifetime war drama and clashes horribly with the fun elements of the Star Wars universe

I hope this is bait.

Well I'm glad you stepped up to the plate to offer a counter point
Disney Wars is dull shit and it's actually shameful how they regressed the world to avoid taking risks, but if this ring plot point gets you flustered and not the fact that it's going to be an Empire retread then I don't know why you might have liked Star Wars in the first place
Jesus Christ

Calm down

Alright but just recognize that you're wrong or I'm gonna have to punch my monitor again

This is embarrassing.

So this is a reveal so spoilers:
It is revealed mostly through flashbacks that Luke believed Ben Solo to be the new chosen one: essentially whats explained is that the force needs to be rebalanced or some shit every once in a while and Luke thought Ben was the one for the job. Enter Snoke - Snoke is some rich guy with a fascination of the force - he can't use it though. He offers to pay Luke like money towards his school in exchange for like ancient force secrets to which Luke says no. He then turns to young Ben believing him to be in possession of the secrets. We are then led to believe through the forcebacks that from there snoke seduced kylo, however it is revealed in the present that Luke asked Kylo to try and learn what snoke was after and pressured him to hang with snoke even though he didn't want to. Luke didn't realize how fragile a place kylo was in at the time and blames himself - which i personally think he should considering he asks kylo to spend more time with snoke against his will

>Luke believed Ben Solo to be the new chosen one:
What the fuck. REEEEEEEEEEEE.

>Snoke is some rich guy with a fascination of the force - he can't use it though
I'm okay with this.

No obiwan unless i missed him in a forceback scene, yodas voice IS heard in a forceback. and no, nothing about the prequels.

Better than both. I respect it because it's trying to do something original (i know that horse has been beaten to death but it really stands out). and yes Luke uses his lightsaber once during the climax

The battle of Crait and the battle to take out the dreadnaught happen at the same time. Not similar to the hoth battle unless you count like the environment looking similar. Essentially they wipe out all of the first orders ground tech by crashing the dreadnaught into them. That's when they think that they've beaten the first order again but then the supremacy is revealed to them

Also poe does get a new xwing kind of - it's essentially the same thing but with like different looking engines i suppose

Towards the end of the TFA Snoke says "Kylo Ren, it is time to complete his training." What training was he referring too? I find it hard to believe that Snoke could train Kylo in any way that matter if he can't use of the force.

So that's what I was wondering too - turns out he just gets his guards to spar with Kylo and like yells at him until he can do force tricks properly

Does the last scene look like this?

They have two porgs on the falcon

What is the supremacy?

Wtf I thought that was only for the promotional material

Ya kind of, no droids though just Luke and Rey. Luke is pissed at rey for like the majority of the film especially after kylo comes to ach-to and they're forced to leave. It's a big moment for luke as he realizes that there's no way for this to end and that he's gonna have to stay in the fight (kind of a metaphor for what disneys doing with star wars)

Is there some retarded shit about a Force Tree?

Porgs do go on the falcon, but that's when its parked on Ach-to. Once they leave the porgs are done

What do the droids do in the movie?
How do they handle Leia's departure?

There's a tree that contains very ancient books on the force like its history. When kylo comes to ach-to he sets the tree on fire in a fit of rage and it destroys the books. This is like a turning point for luke i think where he realizes that ya the past is important but if you spend too much time focused on it you're gonna lose touch with the present

How did you manage to watch it OP?

>Snoke is some rich guy with a fascination of the force - he can't use it though
This doesn't make sense though. Snoke says he can feel an awakening in the Force in TFA.

Thats because you're a fucking retarded.

1. C3PO stays with Leia as anthony daniels is too old to do anything, R2D2 is with Luke until he gets reunited with 3PO on Crait. BB8 is with Poe all of the movie.
2. Leia's final scene in the film is actually her saying goodbye to Luke after she receives a distress call from surviving members of the Senate and decides to go help

The line is 'there has been an awakening, have you felt it?'
Which doesn't imply that Snoke himself have felt it.

But how would Snoke know about it if he doesn't have the Force?

I don't think he says he can feel an awakening, he just asks Kylo if he can feel it. Also Snoke has a very basic understanding of the force, and it's implied that during the time spent with Kylo he's learnt more about it

How does Phasma fit into all this?

The fuck should I know?
All I'm saying is the line from the movie that has been presented as an evidence of Snoke's force using ability don't prove nothing

Phasma leads the raid on D'Quar, and then hunts after Finn and Rose once the Canto Bight police inform the first order that they've broken out of their prison. She spends the rest of the movie kind of just helping the first order by looking menacing until Finn blows her arm off on the Dreadnaught after she shoots Rose

i could tell you but then i'd have to kill you

Embarrassing.

Is it explained how she got off Starkiller at any point or what?

So she remains a useless cunt.

I feel like in the grand scheme of things, it was probably only included in TFA because it sounds cool

Nope she just shows up. One thing that bothered me too is it's never addressed why the first order didn't kill her after she betrayed them by lowering the shields

There's been a comic about her escape from star killer I think in which she took her time to change the records of who lowered the shields

What happens with Kylo? Any major reveals in this film? If I didn't like TFA, would I like this film?

well how convenient is that!!!

So Finn got friendzoned pretty hard in TFA. Are his feelings for Rey brought up or just swept under the rug.

How would he know about this awakening unless he could feel it himself? Its not like Kylo told him as Snoke is literally telling him about the awakening.

He's rich and powerful. He probably knows people who are Force sensitive.

I actually believe you user. Your information sounds credible and not so embellished as to be made up.

Do the Knights of Ren play a role, or are they still just background characters? Also what's Benicio Del Toro's part?

What is Benecio Del Toro's real name in this movie? Also does Hux die?

I thought there was a serious lack of force sensitive people, considering Kylo killed all of Luke's padawans or whatever.

im gay

You're fucking retarded cunt.

Kylo gets like berated the whole film. One thing that's interesting about him is that he's expected not only by snoke, but by luke too, to be this insanely amazing force user. And when he fails he really beats himself up. His journey throughout the film is a lot more about self-discovery. Kylo does not turn good per say, but the seeds of his redemption are definitely planted by Rey when she tries to rationalize his fear and anger. No huge twists but like Kylo and Snoke was Luke's fault, Rey's parents are random people, supremacy is the real big bad ship, DJ is a badguy in the end, etc. It's like apples and oranges. I said earlier the cinematography and the pacing are similar to the force awakens in the sense where something is always happening and everything is heightened to be uber important. However, the differences lie mostly in the script and the tone

There's quadrillions of people in the galaxy.

Do Rey and Luke leave the island with Kylo? Is there any truth to Kylo crashing his ship on the island?

How does the movie begin? the first few minutes?

So is Benecio Del Toro the main villain in this movie like it's rumored?

Is it basically a rehash of Empire?

What would you rate it out of 10? Thank you OP.

No like he's friendly and shit with Rey but I think they've shifted focus to him and Rose

Yeah, but out of quadrillions there is like only one family that is powerful in the force which has surfaced in the last 50 years. That should tell you how rare force sensitives are.

I didn't think of lord of the rings, more like flash gordon

So the knights of ren are assembled - snoke literally says to "assemble the knights". Like the praetorian guards guard snoke, the kor just serve to be kind of like Kylos personal bodyguards. just to show up and act tough with him

His name is never said in the movie - im still not sure why he's called DJ. Essentially he's just some hacker dude who can decode the software that the first order is using allowing Finn and Rose to break onto the Dreadnaught

Rey decides she's going to leave the island, she's had enough of Luke and his sulkiness. She tells him she's going back to Leia and Luke kind of ignores her. She leaves on the falcon, and after Luke talks with the nuns he realizes staying on the island will just bring more attacks from the first order so he leaves and goes to Crait. Kylo is shot down by the chewie on the falcon, he and the KOR go to attack Luke and Rey