WEERR IS YAG SPARRA?

WEERR IS YAG SPARRA?

Meme actor
Meme movie
Meme series

>YAGSPAROO

It was more of the same. Felt like they redid the first movie to bring everything to a close. Then they had an after credits scene for no damn reason.

There's only one Pirates movie. Everything else after the fact is literally a collection of memes. Jack Sparrow, Barbosa, tough girl Elizabeth, the monkey, the magic, the pirate kings, literally just memes.

YAK SPARRAH

>Meme actor
Okay, maybe.
>Meme movie
No way. Everyone hated it.
>Meme series
Again no way. It hasn't been popular in years. Reddit hates the series.

>HOMBRE

JAGSMMmphARROW

>all he wanted to do was eliminate degenerates from the sea

why was he portrayed as a bad guy again?

YACK SBARRO

I honestly felt back for johhny dep in this one. It is very fucking clear the franchise has lost it's luster and the jokes were just so fucking bad. He felt like he was told to act like jack sparrow the meme instead of act as if he were jack sparrow. So many scenes felt awkward and overly forced. No hint of improve of genuine appreciation of the script. I know I should not expect much from a Pirates movie but the first was a nice breast of fresh air and the next 2 managed to balance humor with action and sparrow zaniness while keeping the "old sailor tales are actually real" theme going.

Fountain of yoof was bad, this is just sad.

>after credits scene
Wait, really? What the fuck, why?

To tease the next movie of course

>father was murdered by pirates who murder for greedy reason
>decides to protect the innocent and avenge his father

HE'S TOTALLY EVIL SPANIARD BEANER GHOSTS

Yeah had Barbosa creeping into his bedroom and raising a claw then LIGHTNING followed by lover boy waking up in a cold sweat. Goes to sleep thinking it was just a nightmare then camera pans to show little shells and shit on the wet floor.

>THE END
>....?

It's fucking retarded because in the film they broke the thing that ends all curses. Barbosa, if he were still alive, would have been a man again since his squid beardness was a curse from whatshertits. It isn't just a shitty cliff hanger, it makes no fucking sense given the events of the film.

Only the first Pirates movie was good (which is amazing since it's based on a ride). The rest are garbage from what I can tell.

I though he said "YOGA SPARK ROW" and I was like WTF the whole movie (To be fair this is the first Pirates of Caribbean movie I ever watched)

>Barbosa
>raising a claw
Wouldn't it be Davy Jones, then? Not Barbarossa?

not barbosa it was davy jones

FUCK

Yes you're right. Davy Jones.

Not Barbosa it was Davy Jones

But wasn't his curse because of Calypso, not the Dutchman? So would breaking all curses of the sea take effect on him while Calypso is still alive?

>thing breaks all curses
>is cursed by Calypso

I mean the fucking lore of Pirates has been whatever is convenient to the plot so they could just hand wave it as "well she is super powerful so thing doesn't work on him" but come on. That is just wet shit bad writing. If your film has a thing that's only continually clarified power is ending curses. You cannot just reintroduce an older character who is still cursed.

this. and he was very polite to brenton thwaites saying "please" and using polite friendly voice.

Dead Man's Chest is worth a watch.
Bill Nighy gives an amazing performance as Davy Jones. Perhaps just the clips of him on YouTube will suffice but I still recommend the whole film for context.

Theoretically, they may have removed the grim reaper of the sea by freeing the Dutchman. Not sure if the ramifications of breaking all curses will be the focus of the next couple movies that are guaranteed to happen.

maybe calypso cursed him again after the trident was broken.

>they'll never deflanderized jack sparrow, get rid of the supernatural shit, and just make a fun sailing/adventure swashbuckler

will turner's son meets guy who swam away with mermaid. the two handsome guys fall in love with each other. and they sex.

Huge fan of the series here. I'd rank this one as close to the original trilogy in quality. Gore Verbinski is sorely missed.

>one thing happens
>EBIN PIRATES THEME PLAYS
>one thing happens
>LE PIRATES THEME XD
>a thing transpires
>HAVE YOU HEARD THIS MUSIC THO?

Fucking Americans

i dont get the hate the 2nd and 3rd ones get. They weren't bad. maybe 7/10?

*rides a house through an entire city comically*

cabin boy robbie kay then joins brenton thwaites and sam claflin.

Jack Sparrow as a character in this film seem to be more of a caricature of himself more than anything. Jack Sparrow always acted like a clown but only so much as to fool everyone else, where seemingly coincidental choices that he made were actually well thought out and planned, with the help of a little spontaneous luck. In this film, he is nothing but a clown who has to crack a joke in at least every seen in which he talks. There is no sense of character development as there was in the first 3 films, especially when he was sacrificed in order to let his crew escape.

Curse Of The Black Pearl (1) ≥ At World's End (3) > Dead Man's Chest (2) > Dead Men Tell No Tales (5) > On Stranger Tides (4)

This is an objective fact.

WHERE'S THE RUM GONE?

AND

PARRRLLAAAYYYY?

are the only things I remember.

DEW YEAGH FEEER DEAGTH?

Your list is almost correct. Here is the actual order:
Curse of the Black Pearl >>>>>>>>>>>>> Literal Shit >>>>>>>>>> The rest of the pirates movies

the supernatural shit is the only thing that keeps these movies relevant and interesting.