If you haven't seen Bladerunner Black Out yet, why the fuck not?

If you haven't seen Bladerunner Black Out yet, why the fuck not?

youtu.be/TieEBM7wumc

>crisp visuals and action
>distinct but not over-the-top characters
>fluid action that isn't punctuated by rambling dialogue or typical anime memery
>only 15 minutes long

anime could have been kino if the perverts hadn't ruined it

True

Netflix will adapt this into a series, right?

Its not really fair comparing a short 15 minute animation stuffed with highly experienced, skilled people like Watanabe and bahi JD

Mehh.. Animatrix did it better

Fucking beautiful.

Anime is kino and it's all thanks to the perverts, normalfag.

animatrix already did this

i honesty think poor voice acting hurts anime the most

Yeah and film could have been great if Adam Sandler didn't ruin it amirite? XD

I wish they would have just gone all out and made an entire feature of anime shorts like the Animatrix.

>fluid action

this shit was garbage if there was actually things moving

Anime is garbage.

One mans trash is another mans treasure

I was thoroughly unimpressed. I enjoy animation and if this was its own thing I might look at it more favorably but as it stands it stands next to the original Blade Runner and it doesnt measure up to say the least.

You have to go back

i hate this plot

the movie better not do this

>series about androids trying to live shouldn't have androids fighting for their lives
Here's the SW thread bro

Its shit

The plot is typical animatrix shit RIOTS RIOTS KILL THE ROBOTS!!1

Humans are bad!

Also it contains huge spoilers even in the first two minutes where they show that Bautista is replicant

Also le ninja nigga-replicant

Fuck anime

this

>implying dumb humans rioting against technology that is superior to them because it's not muh humans don't need to be removed for the greater future of mankind and it';s descendants.

>Also it contains huge spoilers even in the first two minutes where they show that Bautista is replicant

the second short went out of its way to make sure you knew this you fucking idiot

Its fucking garbage

The dialogue is cringeworthy.

I don't watch any teasers or trailers not to get any spoilers
I watched only the first one

Because its anime and has Leto in it.

The dub is pretty average
animation was a bit of a mixed bag because a different animator each did a scene
some shots were absolutely perfect though

all the marketing for this movie kinda sickens me they are trying really hard to get the reddit crowd

The film industry doesn't pander to people who like Adam Sandler, whereas the anime industry does pander to moefags, furfags, fags, and pedofags. it has ruined any future potential.

This movie is shaping up to be KOTY (KINO of the year for our visiting redditors)

>about 9 minutes in star wars characters show up

and dropped

HOLY shit, is there somewhere i can watch this in higher quality? the quality on youtube is abysmal!

Is that Gaff at 3:13?

LOOK AT THIS FUCKING BANDING
youtube is a disgrace

They did Castlevania for some reason. This was way better

So many jaw dropping shots in this short

>The film industry doesn't pander to people who like Adam Sandler,
just to capeshitfags, star warsfags, and pretty much reduced to cinematic universe shit. which is why you shoudl steer clear of hollywood

Tripshits are garbage

Why else would Goslings character track down Batista?

Yes, he even throws some Cityspeak in. Fantastic short. I'd love to see a Bladerunner anthology like the Animatrix.

I hate trailers that reveal the entire plot before even seeing the movie. Shorts that reveal lore and world building without giving away plot need to happen more often

I'd love to see you choke on a cock, Weeb.

Robot lives matter you human piece of shit

Go back to watching Reddit and Meme

It looks worst than the original film, very dull animation with no semblance of depth.

>video game trash
>muh anime
>reddit
Back you go.

what a surprise
humans=bad guys
replicants=good guys

kill me

so like the original movie?

in the movie it wasn't telling you who was good and who was bad, and if you come to the conclusion that it was it's still at least somewhat nuanced

this short is well made bullshit and saps me of any excitement for the new story

they aren't really the good guys, what they do in the short is a straight up terrorist attack

Why would he track Deckard?
He could be just a witness or something

it's a black guy and a white girl, they are the good guys and you are supposed to root for them and feel sad when she dies

He is right tho

>white
she looks pretty chinky

She was qt tho T_T

Reddit has 200 million visitors a month. You can assume anyone who speaks English with even a passing interest in science-fiction browses reddit from time to time, if not every day. And that includes you, and every one in this thread.

Yup, and what sucks is a lot of things are only released on youtube.

cause anime is fucking trash

Yeah no, some don't want to subject themselves to autistic liberals

she's definitely white

>he thinks chinks look this without plastic surgery
Visit China maybe?

thats my point, her face looks too dollish to be white, she looks like the kind of thing that happens when a korean or chink gets plastic surgery. shes a skinjob so it makes sense i guess

> a 15 minute chink cartoon is better scifi than anything star wars or star trek related from the last decade
the absolute state of scifi

>he thinks Star Wars is sci-fi
Topkek

>replicants are underdogs and racial minorities, they gotta RISE UP and FIGHT BACK against human "supremacists"

pkd would be so proud

Space operas are scifi

>Ab 5.10.2017 im Kino!
KINO CONFIRMED

I watched half of it and then I turned it off because it was fucking boring.
Anime is so gay.
Blade Runner is my favourite film but this new one and it's tumor trailers just looks like shit.

He's doing that shit meme of going 'actuawwly, it's Sci-FANTASY, cause people have swords and magic powers!'

This is my main issue with anime and 99% of Japanese shit these days.

does she get TENTACLED.com

she dies dramatically, in slow motion, after killing white humans with a cool black robot

If you look at Star Wars story it has nothing going for it in the Sci part of Sci-fi though.

Does anyone have the name of the song that plays during the database attack?

>have flying cars and the tech to create fucking cyborgs
>Expect me to believe shipments wouldn't be driven by self guiding trucks

Too bad the weebs hijacked it and turned it into fapbait.

Based moot.
Are you nipmoot or original moor though?

Not bad, Enjoyed "The Second Renaissance" more but that was pretty gud.

The shorts were made by Denis to show the backstory in the years running up to 2049 it's done with purpose

What was the point of Gaff in the original?

What other movies should have Animatrix styled anthologies?

Star Wars is ripe for that shit

yeah but to be fair good animation is expensive as fuck to make, drawing all that shit, drawing it well, and making it all flow together consistently without making mistakes or cutting corners takes a metric shitton of time and money

>Star Wars
>movies about stronk womyn, token minorities and characters designed to sell toys having Second Renaissance tier shorts
Not seeing it

Why can't anime be this good?

Deckard has Gaff's implanted memories.
Gaff is old and wounded so he's unable to go around doing blade runner work, but his know-how is transplanted into a replicant body.

That's why Gaff is shadowing Deckard around and apparently knows about his dreams.

your retarded manime doesn't sell you retards

you still have no taste and everyone thinks you're a faggot

animatrix rip off

>were made by Denis
No it wasn't
It was made by marketing division for the sole hype purpose.

very impressive especially the watercolorish war scenes but how'd the asian guy have access to a nuke

>made by Denis
nah he says at the beginning he asked artists he respects to make them but in reality they were commissioned by Sony and exist only to promote the movie

this whole are robots superior to humans schtick falls flat on it's own ass if one does consider the fact that all living being (and yes, that DOES include humans) are bascially bio-chemical robots themselves. There is a reason why humans evoled a certain way, they (we) didn't decide on it; it was a natual progession of events.
The real problem with us "le evil humanz" lies within the injustice of a few psychos trying to force their wills upon others of their species in order to live presumed safer lives. But this onesided parasitism cannot sustain itself for longer periods of time, and will collapse sooner or later due to various limitations.

If anything, humans are the victims of their own superiority and would be better off in more primitive surroundings, which wouln't even have created robots in the first place.

The sympathy for robots is the same as we have for animals, which only act by instinct and don't know any better (the innocence factor). But robots could be better or worse; killer-robots are a thing you know?!
They also have no inherent will to exist, and if they did they would be living being, not robots anymore. And IF they are living beings with high intelligence levels, they would do everything to ensure their surivial, and this includes forcing their wills upon other robots / humans / animals. There is no communist utopia in future robot-land, and if; then there wouldnt be a robot around who could value it accordingly; being nothing more than a soulless collective-mind like the Borg.

Another sympathy for robots may very well be a variation of the "Vampire-Sympathy"; staying young and beautiful for all eternity; being perfect - and loved for that. But you're not human anymore, it will dwindle away, until you are nothing but a emotionlesss robot yourself.

In Short: Robots suck ass.

I'm mostly talking about anything before sequel trilogy.

>If anything, humans are the victims of their own superiority and would be better off in more primitive surroundings

Only hipsters who haven't actually have to endure primitive life or the crushing poverty that accompanies it have some sort of romantic ideas about that.

Fuck. People in China prefer the sweatshops to agrarian poverty. That is as true now as it was during the industrial revolution. That's not to say that sweatshops are inherently good or the best we could do.

The best anime series are a bit pervert on the side. That's not the issue. The issue is poor writing and an autistic need to stick to established character types and storylines. And also the dialouge of two robots talking. It seems like only Anno understands how natural fluid dialouge is supposed to be.

this shit is awesome.
Watanabe is GOAT

probably on the blu ray