Maze Runner

What the fuck are these movies? I've never heard of them until this year but apparently they keep fucking making because they're up to a third one. Why are they so popular? Apparently the critics HATE them.

I only found out about the third one because apparently based Aidan Gillen is in it.

Other urls found in this thread:

nytimes.com/1988/08/10/opinion/l-before-jerry-rubin-603488.html?mcubz=3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>What the fuck are these movies?
What an illiterate way of expressing yourself.

teen flicks

They're actually solid decent YA films.

Because the books were written by a man in a sea of YA shit written by women.

I read all the books when I was like 15. They're classic dystopian adventure, honestly pretty good but maybe just if you're a teen

they are adaptions of YA novels, as I understand it the maze runner series is the male equivalent of the hunger games so the are kinda committed to the franchise

>teen
My 7 year old niece recommended it to me. I enjoyed it.

It seems there's a lot of YA books that become inexplicably successful film series. Like Hunger Games and Divergent and probably some other stuff I'm forgetting. I guess teenagers are a lot more likely to go to the theaters than adults.

yea its fun to see who dies and wins and you usually develope favorite characters and non favorites and get emotionally invested

Okay, the fact that Sup Forums actually seems to like these despite having a hateboner for "children's stuff" has me curious. I guess I'll check them out at some point.

The plane was one thing, but you wouldn't last a day in the skarch.

well divergent isn't doing as well they cancelled the next movie in favour of a tv series but it does seem like YA adaptions are in right now with shit like everything everything, distance between us etc and now J J is gonna be shitting up kimi no na wa
Aidan Gillen is in it

Tell me about Thomas, why does he scour the labyrinth?

the first one is maximum comfy

how can CIA travel through the multiverse so easily????????????????????????????????????

Inb4 Aidan Gillen is cast as Galactus.

>post-apocalyptic Chicago

Isn't that kind of redundant?

>tfw they fucked up the Percy Jackson series

How did they fuck it up? Did it flop? All I know is that they suddenly stopped making the movies and now the kid is too old.

1st movie was okish

2nd was hot garbage

first movie was fine, the second went too far with the YA trope of old people being evil

They are. See: Donald Trump

no, all old people were evil there, just like in the hunger games where even the good old guy was evil

Hate mee all you want, i actually enjoyed these. I couldnt stand even 10 minutes of hunger games or what was that other movie about a rebel girl in a utopia society? divergent?
maze runner is still retarded, but at least it looked better and you could watch it full to the end without cringing to death.

Apparently it has Kaya Scodelario and everyone on this board is in love with her.

I thought this series was the Kite Runner and got confused when it wasn't an Indian kid

Gillen is in the second one too. They're pretty underrated and entertaining movies.

board full of youngshits
nytimes.com/1988/08/10/opinion/l-before-jerry-rubin-603488.html?mcubz=3

S K A R C H
K
A
R
C
H

I'm still pissed off that fucking guy came back at the end after staying behind
What garbage

First one was an ok little flick, 2nd was dogshit,
3rd I won't be watrying

What the fuck is YA?

>They're pretty underrated and entertaining movies.
The first one i'd argue is, the second one is pure trash, filled with predictable cliches

Young Adult im assuming, so basically teenager

Mid teens to early twenties

It's not the multiverse, he changes things through time. Quantum Break is a story of CIA traveling through time, placing himself all over history in wacky situations, like when he went back to Medieval Europe and fucked with the leaders a bit before teleporting out to the future so he could fight bane on the plane.

>watrying
Watry did he mean by this?

I'm guessing he uses his Irish accent in the movie? That's how I would imagine an Irish person saying scorch.

I love that Sup Forums watches a YA movie just because it has Aiden Gillen in it. That is devotion.

I watched the first with a friend, was really skeptical and it's really one of the best of these types of movies. even better than hunger games

You say one of the best, what else is there besides, as you mentioned, Hunger Games?

He who controls the flight plan can travel everywhere.

wee need more aiden material now since he's been killed off in got

Well maybe you fucks should have went to see Kino Arthur. It was amazing.