Was this scene the peak of capeshit? It's so unashamedly inspiring and powerful

Was this scene the peak of capeshit? It's so unashamedly inspiring and powerful.

youtube.com/watch?v=jSjI7gwuKtg

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM
youtube.com/watch?v=B4krefTqlJg
denofgeek.com/us/movies/the-thing/232296/john-carpenters-the-thing-had-an-icy-critical-reception
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I dunno about peak but I really enjoyed it.

Why did critics hate Man of Steel? It was alright.
>muh characterisation
Yeah like the Nolan Batman movies had much of that going for it.

youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM

After watching that I'm convinced it's the most misunderstood film ever. The story is seemingly simple but the way it weaves into visual narration is something Nolan never could do with his TDK trilogy. But apparently he's doing better now with Dunkirk.

Because Critics are fucking stupid. Look how highly they're rating movies like "it" for example.

>and he has to fight a spider in the third act

Interesting. Sup Forums absolutely hated this movie when it came out. It's got a lot of flaws, but it's not terrible.

Yeah, I use cartoons to critique film too.

It was just a joke. Don't sperg out.

why are snyderfags so easily triggered?

>Spongebob is kino

>implying it isn't

>scenes nu-males will never understand

Will Snyderfags defend Joss Whedon's Quiptice League?

It will be shit because Whedon picked it up.

But Snyder will be credited as the director. He let Joss take over his film.

How much of the film is Joss directing? That's the important factor

Enough to earn a writing credit.

In that case, probably shit. Whedon is a hack right up there with Abrams; anything those two touch turns to garbage.

because they tried the dark brooding reboot that worked with Batman on Superman and it just didnt work

Also evolution always wins but space jesus is stronger

this was the peak

youtube.com/watch?v=B4krefTqlJg

Because nostalgiafags didnt like the dad dying

So what are you waiting for Sup Forums?

Yes. It never fails to syrike a chord with me.

why is everyone so fucking pleb on this board?

Its like everyone took that Cameron/Nolan ironyposting too seriously and now just apply it to every shitty director around like Snyder

It certainly looks nice, but I didn't really feel anything watching it because Snyder didn't do a very good job of making any of those characters engaging or likeable.

Instead of bitching like a little bitch why don't you share with the class your own favorite director since your taste is so much better than everyone else's?

Was he supposed to turn into Reeve for a frame in this scene? I read it somewhere, however, no matter how many times I freeze frame this shit I can't see it

Yes. Yes it was.

Because Sup Forums wasn't full of retarded underage faggots who think the point of Sup Forums is acting like it was opposite day.

I've spotted it every time. It's damn near subliminal though, might even just be a lucky accident, but if it is, it's a goddam miracle.

I prefer the scene where he makes out with Lois while behind him the city is crumbling. Truly heroic.
Also the scene just after that when Lois said "He saved the city" and then a skyscraper collapses in the completely wrecked city behind her. Truly 10/10 comedic timing.

Because it doesn't provide a lot in terms of surface-level enjoyment except for a few scenes like where Superman first flies. The easiest way to provide that is through quips and sick pop culture references which Marvel has had no problem with since the first Iron Man. The other problem with the movie is that its tone stays in a sort of vague dismal area throughout the movie, when it could have ended on a much more cheerful tone. That's not to say it should have had a fairytale ending, but just that tonally there was no real fulfillment that the casual viewer could connect with. All they see is Superman breaking Zod's neck and sharing a kiss with Lois as a city crumbles in the backdrop.

I'm not saying the movie is bad, I like it more than most Marvel shits. However, like BvS its waters ran deep but the pool was cloudy. Most people don't want to jump into the murky pool. They'd rather stare at the glittering puddle.

Didn't know that, cool as fuck

It worked better on Superman than Batman. Nolan's Batman movies are good but fail to reach the character depth of BvS Batman, which is only half a Batman film.

That doomsday device would've ruined the whole planet.

Don't bother. The concept of sacrifice in victory doesn't get through these people. For them, it's totally plausible that aliens can attack and destroy New York and still end up with 17 casualties because Captain America told a few cops where to stand.

And they ended up having kebab as if it was all a wild night at the club with some shitty hangover. Of course no critic bothered to point out the moral absense in this scene.

Bravo Josh! Bravo Marvel!

Great scene, the freeze frame and on screen text is really out of place though, completely ruins the moment at the end.

>that MoS hate thread in the catalog because of this thread
marlels, not even once.

What game is this?

Call of Immense Asshurt

Never heard of that one. Sounds pretty lame.

Honestly I'm afraid to go see it, probably won't.

no joke, one of the only modern day capeshit films I enjoyed. not entirely sure why people shit all over this movie, but praise that turd of a trilogy called dark night.

Addressed in BvS.

Consequences are bad filmaking

At this point of my life, I truly live movies as experience.
it's two hours. Did I enjoy them? If yes, I dont care about visuals, technique, writing, acting, whatever. It can all be shit, but if I really spent two hours happy, then it's fine for me.

This was my experience with Man Of Steel.
Shame I cant say the same about BvS or WW

BURUUUUM

DURUUUM

more like

BRAAAAAAAAP
BRAAAAAAAAP

Why do people forget that Superman is the one who called the Kryptonians to Earth in the first place?

Why do you pretend he had any way of knowing?

You going to turn out to lynch the descendants of the builders of Voyager when the alien armada shows up brandishing its gold disc?

it's the patrician DC version of spider-man 2 pooping

Not counting BvS, is there any film that has been as criticized on false grounds as much as MoS?

John Carpenter's The Thing.

denofgeek.com/us/movies/the-thing/232296/john-carpenters-the-thing-had-an-icy-critical-reception

This is the sad face of film criticism right here. Something that's too different too brave and they will destroy it. They are used to judge films based on predetermined boxes. It's the same things happening over and over again. Blade Runner was destroyed aswell.

>make shitty film
>get told it is shit
>adjust next film accordingly

This is funny because all BvS does is take a royal dump on the MoS critics as irrational fearmongers.

But you were too stupid to notice.

They even have a "journalist" performing the same sort of mental gymnastics as to lay the blame for the Senate bombing on him.

As soon as the tentacle things popped out, I started laughing like a madman in the theater.

>Nolan's Batman movies are good but fail to reach the character depth of BvS Batman, which is only half a Batman film.

I have to be honest, I think the fact that the Nolan trilogy basically fits Batmans entire career into less than two years of crime fighting, followed by a seven year hiatus, and then a week of being batman again is why the Batman depth is lacking. How are you supposed to examine a character like Batman when he's barely Batman in the given timeframe?

That being said, TDKR, for all of its flaws, was the first movie where instead of seeing Batman when I see Bruce Wayne on screen, I saw Bruce Wayne when Batman was on screen. I have to give it props for that.

The main thing that rings false about the collateral damage in MoS is the fact that MoS ends with aweird uplifting tone that never addresses the deaths of all of those people.

We could have had a scene where Superman looks around and realizes that THIS is the burden he will have to carry. He has to accept that a lot went wrong with how he carried out his goal and he can AND WILL do better next time.

Instead we got some joke with a crashed drone plane and then some stupid officer calling him cute. Then Clark goes to the Daily Planet, which looks like it did before all the destruction for inexplicably no reason. The reason people didn't like it is because it felt like Superman didn't take any responsibility for his part in the destruction. Yes, I understand that BvS made up for this, but that doesn't change what people's initial reactions were.

No, this was. Admit it you sexist pigs!

>How are you supposed to examine a character like Batman when he's barely Batman in the given timeframe?

That's a very interesting point and something I've thought about as well.
My problem with most capeshit movies is that the MCs usually written as incompetent fools. Especially in Origin movies.
I guess so that the audience can relate to them more or whatever.
But it just makes the movie frustrating imo.

BvS shows a competent and experienced Batman and it's GREAT.
And I hope future DC movies will do the same.
They don't have to anyways. Their characters are already well established within pop culture. Everyone already knows how the Flash became the Flash. Same with GL, Aquaman, etc.

It's not inexplicably undamaged. The only building anywhere near it that took damage was the one that collapsed because of the fighter jet crashing into it. The actual destruction in Metropolis took place in somewhere in the neighborhood of five square blocks. It's where the memorial park is in BvS.

more channels like this pls

christ what a difference a director makes.