So why did you guys hate it? I thought it was great. Not a film for black people for sure but otherwise great

So why did you guys hate it? I thought it was great. Not a film for black people for sure but otherwise great.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s6n7MpB8xdU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I really enjoyed it. I think it suffered from the same problem as It Comes At Night in that it seems like it's gonna be a bit creature feature but it's not.

I hate how every hipster pretend that the plot wasn't about a monster, but how the mother is totally crazy and that

Because the fucking kid is the worst child in cinema history

horror kino.

go to bed, faggots.

but user that is LITERALLY WHAT THE MOVIE IS ABOUT

I used to work with troubled kids, he was pretty tame in comparison to what I was used to, and when I found out why he was making all those traps and things it became more understandable. I honestly think he was super annoying because we start the movie off from her perspective and she hates him so we see him through her eyes.

>Spooky monster! Lol jk its a human drama metaphor
>Annoying kid
>Film dragged on much longer than it needed to
>The climax was a wet fart

Psychological horror is a cowardly genre for people who want to appear smart but don't have to balls to make a real supernatural film. Babadook sums up everything wrong with modern horror, in that it sells a horror film but delivers a thriller.

I enjoyed it. The only thing I didn't like was the annoying little shit son.

>b-but the kids so annoying!
physically cringe whenever someone uses this as a critique. You immediately expose yoursef as a sub 100 iq mouth breather. Just stick to the new Marlel shit, boys.

in the end it turned out to be an actual monster tho...

>Marlel
What did he mean by this?

Maybe because that was the point?

I liked the short "demo" version of the film more tbqh. None of that pretentious shit and kinda funny in a way.

youtube.com/watch?v=s6n7MpB8xdU

lurk more, crossposter.

kino

come on son troll harder next you're gonna tell me district 9 isn't about apartheid

I'm allowed to not enjoy the film because the kid is annoying and also I didn't enjoy it cause it's so depressing. Yes I KNOW that's the point of the film, I can understand what a film is trying to convey but it doesn't mean I will enjoy it. I think the Babdook works as a depressing psychological film but that sort of thing doesn't do anything for me.

The monster bit at the end was dumb

then don't pretend it's a shit movie because of it. if you're not, great. most retards are.

It's about depression from losing a loved one

Well I do think it's a shit film. What of it? Are the film police going to come and put me in film jail because I went against the OBJECTIVE TRUTH that it's good. Mate I reckon it's a shit film, but hey at the end of the day it's just a film so don't get your pants in a twist over it you dingus. A film can convey it's themes well and be understood by the audience and still be shit. It's kind of like how Mother! is a metaphor for the bible and people can understand that and everything that the film conveys and yet they're allowed to think it's shit. Mate seriously don't fret, no one's retarded for their opinion that's just a silly notion.

>expect a creepy monster movie
>get DUDE METAPHORS LOL instead
>ending was pretty shit
>was longer than it really needed to be

Kind of disappointing. I was expecting something more. Like some other user said, I wanted a horror movie with an interesting monster instead i got a shitty thriller movie where the villain is parental angst

Psychological monster horror can be done well. "They Look Like People" is exceptional. "Babadook" was only enjoyable while the monster existed in the picture book.

He gave a reasoned response to his dislike of the movie and your incoherent ass farts out a spew of bad writing. Maybe you're the retard, you moronic faggot. Not everybody's going to like the same movie. Babdook isn't difficult to comprehend. That doesn't mean people can't take fault with its execution.

I went in thinking it was a horror movie. As a movie about depression, it's pretty good. As a horror movie, it's garbage and all of us watching were rooting for the kid to die

I live near where this was filmed.
She goes to my local supermarket in it.
Felt good, movies don't usually get made around here.

t. mouthbreather

when you got nothing to say in response to actual arguments made just say some gay insult

>yeah righto mate good one

just proved our point and now you're getting your panties in a twist because more than one person doesn't like the Babadook as if that means anything to you anyway.

>sub 100iq mouth breather.
Haha nice!!! you tell em man. Us brainlets need to stick together.

Honestly, if you're this much of a pleb, how do you even end up on a film discussion board?

Another pleb in disguise. It isn't about apartheid, it's about modern day immigrants in south africa. Fuck off back to plebbit

>If I don't personally like it it's bad.

How dense can one person be?

I liked it a lot, actually. But not many people who saw the film with me share the opinion.