/DIS/ General - Star Trek Discovery

Old thread

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_science_fiction
strawpoll.me/14032363
streamable.com/ahlit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Trek of Stars

Friendly reminder that there is ftl light in a pilot episode of this "science" fiction show.

Is Jason Isaacs the captain of the USS Discovery? I thought Michael would get her own ship

Why are there so many different star trek threads
can't you autists just stick to one general like everyone else?

I've just downloaded the first two episodes and I know nothing about star trek. Shoul I watch them

>ftl light

at this point the only thing that can save the show is if Jason Isaacs shows up and manhandles everything in site while turning up the scenery chewing to 200%.

but what is likely going to happen is that he'll show up and be a white male pig and Mikey will need to put him in his place and show him how it's d....hold on I'm getting a vulcan mind meld skype call brb

>hi everyone I've never watched any star trek and don't know what subspace is

>DIS

>Discovery
>???
>Star??

Do you know what soft sci fi is?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft_science_fiction

What, I didn't write the script for this shitshow.

The best thing to happen would be for Jason Isaacs to fire her out of a torpedo tube and be the new main character

>he'll show up and be a white male pig

But Jason Isaacs is Jewish

>science
Yeah, come back when you get to "fantasy".

>DIS
STD has spread long and wide.

so does anyone have the .srt files in klingon from netflix

kek

Let's finish this!

Straw poll here:

strawpoll.me/14032363

Maximo autismo

everyone should watch some Orville, will cure the STD

She was never going to get a ship. In Fuller's original pitch she didn't even have a name, just "Number One"

t. poorfag

Reminder do not engage the FTL light guy, do not engage

Shill maneuvered himself into a corner. Noice.

He's right though. The STD writers know or care so little about science, that they can't even fake it properly.

>Michael

>/DIS/

Nice try, everyone has adopted STD as should you, also the show sucked.

Money will always win. See "Xbone"

It's a beautiful name

I actually like the design for the ship this time around. The saucer section looks interesting.

Star Trek Discovery
>STD
STD
Star Trek Discovery
>STD
STD
Star Trek Discovery
>STD
STD

I'd actually forgotten why there was backlash against the Discovery, until I went back and looked at that teaser image of it. Yikes!

They did a good job saving the design. I wonder what made them go with the separated saucer section parts, since they were one of the revisions.

To be fair, we dont call it STDS9

or STV
or STE

wow nice STD thread you got there

STD lol
nice job "CBS and hear it too"

I guess a regular saucer made it look too similar to other ships in the franchise? There's only so much you can do with such a simple shape.

>"CBS and hear it too"

ha ha ha STD thread DESTROYED

Agreed 100%

We're getting a Michael redemption arc. Stop being autistic

Why the FUCK is this not a part of the normal Trek thread?

an excuse?

This is all I have to say about this abomination:
tinyurl;com/ybpt4f2p

Because /trek/ posters are autistic

Reminder that Issacs will be a GOAT tier captain as Jews make the best captains.

I really wish I could marathon this, espcially since it looks like the episodes won't be self-contained plots but part of one large story. I'm spoiled from Netflix and other shows that release a whole season at once.

STD was terrible. Who did they make this for?

I agree, I watched every other series after they had finished airing.

me

it's good

People that enjoy Trek kino

Too late. I committed mutiny and fired the entire arsenal at him.

Just to put things in perspective, they were filming episode 15 last week, and completing post on episode 5.

It's just not made in a way that could be Netflix bomb dropped.

The "new audience". It's just another reboot. Which means Trek has been rebooted twice now. Sort of. Because this is obviously still JJTrek.

Of course, that new audience is watching The Orville, because they're people who never watched Star Trek, but do watch Family Guy and American Dad, and the light comedy is the perfect honey pot to get them into the science fiction aspects.

What I don't get is that there are people defending the show for the dumbest reasons. Such as the claim that we all hate it because it's "new and different". Or that you can't hate it because "all pilots/first seasons were shit". None of these fags can come up with any actual reasons for the show being good. Because it isn't, and more to the point, nothing happens in it. After a few initial posts, I've discovered that I've completely run out of things to sat about it. My trek muscles are trying to find stuff to latch on to, but it isn't there. In Trek, I noticed small things like character interaction. Every time characters in Trek sit down and talk to each other, it's informed by their interpersonal relationship and develops that relationship. It's natural, easy to watch, and fun. STD has thusfar shown to have TERRIBLE character interaction.

mfw Liam fucking Nesson pops up on screen in The Orville. I don't care what any of you say, I like The Orville a million times over than the new Trek.

>What I don't get is that there are people defending the show for the dumbest reasons.

Mass Effect: Andromeda all over again.

1. DS9
2. TNG
3. Discovery (so far)
4. Enterprise
5. Voyager
6. TOS

SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASE

Stupid fucking brainlet normie, go watch ds9 now instead of when you were a 14 year old edge lord and tell me it's better than tng or tos. Yeah do that and also prove you're not a normie brainlet.

Braindead nignog nigger rating shows only after 2 episodes

I can wait until all episodes are out and then watch them all with a Netflix free trial month, right?

t. no clue about netflix

>but what is likely going to happen is that he'll show up and be a white male pig and Mikey will need to put him in his place and show him how it's d

pls god no

Why does everything have to be a meme? DIS is fine

>TOS fans still bitching like fucking crazy that Discovery doesn't look like a shitty 1960s show with a few hundred dollar budget.

What the fuck is the problem with TOS fanboys? I love TOS but it's fucking blatantly obvious

1: TOS did not look like it did on screen since TMP only takes place 2 years later and that ship was in refit the entire time meaning that TMP design style was already around by TOS.

2: Modern tech massively outstrips even 90s Star Trek.

Why do they spend every fucking comment section or video on Discovery crying like fucking little bitches instead of just watching Star Trek Continues instead?

STD is good but the intro sucks. SUCKS!

No there isn't.

Whatever floats your boat, however if I were in charge you would marathon all Star Trek immediately.

streamable.com/ahlit

>STD is good
"No."

Yeah it's extremely generic

So long as we keep the diehard haters of everything our, there is no problem with having a laugh at the funny welcome mat.

Who are you quoting exactly?

The intro is so shitty I thought that they would be to ashamed to show is a second time. I was pretty amazed that they dared to do it anyway. Good that it can be easily skipped.

Slightly better. The music really should have been different. Something more mellow like that may have helped a little but I was thinking something more bombastic.

*out

Surprised they didn't go with something like this actually considering it also sounds 60s as fuck.

Yes. But they won't be all out until like March 2018 so you'll be waiting a while.

>VOY

>Voyager
>of
>???

Yodenheim?

What's with this faggot who is trying to push this DIS shit?

I'm actually starting to believe in shills.

Either that or we got some massively upset autist here.

They should have called her Number Two

Top shelf Sup Forums humor here folks

Please explain why you find STD so funny. It's Seth Macfarlane tier humor

Stop /DIS/sing STD

Shills are real.

Okay I just saw the first two
episode and they were pretty good.

It's very much the in the model of recent StarTrek but the production values and pacing is good.

I guess episode three is when we gonna find out what the show is really like

(im guessing Jason Issac is gotta be new captain pardon her because he's been pushing because he actually hates Klingons more than mutinies)

I'd be lying if I said it was in the spirit of the original but been watchble so far.

Them not having analogue guided probes is a silly concept too.

There's no reason for the little space adventure at the start when you can have a probe attached to analogue controls, which is what you'd have on your ship in case you have heavy EM interference.

>Captain Kirk
>Spock
>Data
>Captain Lorca

Why are all the best ST characters played by Jews?

Fair play, I'm actually jealous that you've found a way to enjoy this show, I can't do the same I'm afraid.

it's /STD/

>stop /dis/sing std

this.

#STDnotStarTrek
#STDisSoapOperaDrama

For all of you haters, please understand that DSC is the closest thing we've seen to fulfilling Roddenberry's vision for the future, and the greatest cinematic achievement Star Trek has ever produced. First off, the bridge is no longer a boy's club, where women are relegated to being eye candy and answering phones. They are strong, have differing opinions, and are willing to take REAL ACTION. The fact that an Asian woman and a STRONG BLACK WOMAN are in positions of power attests to the progress that humans have made in the future. They aren't anyone's bitch, even each others.

The aliens represent real world political issues, like the alien Saru, who shows that even members of a former slave race can become strong members of society, and move beyond being prey for dominant powers. The Klingons are no longer thinly veiled "others' and represent a real faction of American society that is too afraid of change to move beyond their archaic traditions.

The visuals were gorgeous. The lighting was moody and added a dynamic and tense atmosphere that highlighted the show's central tensions, as well as mirroring the blackness of space. Not like the garish colors and overly bright sets of prior Trek shows like TOS and TNG that looked like they were filmed in an open field with the midday sun shining directly overhead. The experimental angles helped contrast the detailed sets and futuristic tech with the primitive and current tensions between the crew of the USS Shenzhou. And FINALLY, we have sci-fi tech that ACTUALLY LOOKS LIKE SCI-FI TECH and not some cheesy wooden props that look like repainted furniture someone found at a flea market.

Trek has finally entered the realm of true art, and no amount of racist, reactionary vitriol can change the great accomplishments we've already seen from this show.

see

we all do, it's just butt-hurt larpers who are pretending to feel otherwise. Some people have to be contrarians because it's in their nature

>closest thing
>no trekking just space drama about some secret klingon drama
>no trekking just relationship drama

at least start your lies with something more believable

is this a shitpost or your factual opinion because roddenberry had no political motive when he made star trek

ha ha ha ha hba ha hahgbsdfjha;krjthv ;oiu y

>roddenberry had no political motive when he made star trek

Lmao stay in denial Sup Forumsweenie