What is the Rage Against the Machine of film?

what is the Rage Against the Machine of film?

Pump Up The Volume

>Politically charged
>Violent and loud
>fast paced
>Paints the establishment as a bunch of manipulative assholes
If it weren’t for the pace Shin Godzilla might fit the bill.

Really RATM would probably be closer to an art-house action film, a ton to say and a cartoonishly blood-splattered way of saying it. As it stands, nothing comes to mind.

Maaaaaaaybe 13 Hours but that’s a hard stretch.

>World famous
>Singer's head gets too big, leaves band to write poetry and a shitty career in political activism
>Band join forces with Chris Cornell and get arguably even bigger, though far more loud and generic

What director duos or director/writer duos have split and become shit after leaving, even though they've achieved mainstream success? Tarantino and Avery.

>Violent and loud
>fast paced
"No."
ratm wasn't a very good band, musically

The Matrix

tell us about your faggy music taste user

>If it weren’t for the pace Shin Godzilla might fit the bill.
GODZILLA?
PURE MOTHERFUCKING FILLER

But you literally quoted him and he never said they were good. Not sure what your point is user.

fpbp

Had that on VHS as a kid. My sister and I watched it so much and inspired me to play music.

Now I'm 37 and have been in a bunch of bands and now work freelance as a session muso / composer / engineer with my own personal studio.

>actually implying that RATM isn’t loud or fast or angry/violent
I legit want to hear you justify that.

Fight Club with Heath Ledger's Joker replacing Tyler Durden. It would pretty much be The Dark Knight without Batman in it.

>Singer's head gets too big, leaves band to write poetry and a shitty career in political activism
fuck zack for this, seriously

>art-house action film, a ton to say and a cartoonishly blood-splattered way of saying it
pic related fits that description to a t, except it doesn't have much to say

Watched the guitarist get kicked out of a bar last year in Seattle because he refused to pay for his drinks. "Do you fucking know who I am?!"

Morello? He's a notorious cunt

tom morello was always the densest member of rage

Side note on bringing up Miike, I really hope Blade Of The Immortal is a return to form for him (as much as I like Phoenix Wright and Jojo).

He has the biggest ego problem. He's no doubt a great guitarist in his simplicity and use of effects, but he obsesses about other guitarists to the point its weird and freaky to be around him as a roadie or session or sound guy.

When did you realize that RAtM was nothing more than angsty, repetitive screaming Sup Forums?

Hey hey now

It’s CATCHY angsty repetitive screaming with great guitar.

Rage have incredibly redpilled and politically educated lyrics

can you really call it "great" guitar though

I like to think so anyway.

A YELLOW RIBBON INSTEAD OF A SWASTIKA

NOTHIN’ PROPER BOUTCHA PROPAGANDA

Into The Wild.

This. The whole film's just a giant, metaphorical "fuck you" to the Man, even when he's an AI.

>"I'm going to show them something they've never seen."
>"I'm going to show them a world without you."