Finn Wolfhard, the Young Star of ‘Stranger Things,’ Shops for Vinyl

>“Oh, wow, they have ‘Pinkerton,’” he said of Weezer’s second album, which came out in 1996 and received mixed reviews. “This is so much better than their first one.”

>He came across the album “Loveless” by the British rock group My Bloody Valentine, whom he had never heard before. He was also unfamiliar with the genre it was filed under: Indie-Rock/Shoegaze.

>“What does that even mean?” Finn said. A reporter informed him that “shoegaze” refers to bands known to stand still and stare at their shoes on stage. Their popularity peaked two decades ago. “So, are they dad rock?” he said.

>He also picked up Mac DeMarco’s album “This Old Dog.” “He’s so funny,” Finn said of Mr. DeMarco, a fellow Canadian. In May, while Mr. DeMarco was touring in Atlanta, where parts of “Stranger Things” are filmed, he invited Finn onstage to play guitar.

After purchasing three vinyl albums, including the “Baby Driver” soundtrack (“My favorite movie of the year”), Finn left the store. A black chauffeured Lincoln S.U.V. awaited to take him to Central Park.

nytimes.com/2017/09/28/style/stranger-things-finn-wolfhard-rough-trade-vinyl.html

he's going to grow up to be a drug addict

>NY Times
but it isn't news

he has access to weed he doesn't need hard drugs

Please delete this and your account

I LOVE YOU NICK WOLFHARD

Retarded little faggot

and now i have actual cancer

>butthurt jelly dripping from every pore

>rough trade

Oh boy!

>it's a Sup Forums makes fun of a kid for being a kid episode

>He came across the album “Loveless” by the British rock group My Bloody Valentine, whom he had never heard before

"So, are they dad rock?”

Sup Forums BTFO

why would anyone make fun of finn

He's Canadian, thats reason enough

>my bloody valentine
>dad rock

What are you this fucking kid's publicist

haha Mac swinging big

Imagine how awesome his life is and he can't even fuck yet delete this thread

he's becoming more handsome as he grows older

you want some of this?

>Pinkerton era Weezer
>MBV
>Mac DeMeme

What an insufferable faggot

There is nothing wrong with Finn being gay.
Baaaaack to Sup Forums you go

>“shoegaze” refers to bands known to stand still and stare at their shoes on stage
The fuck is this autism shit?

it's because they're always looking at the myriad of guitar pedals they use to make their swirly, dreamy music, and guitar pedals are located near the shoes

how can one kid be so based?

>Weezer
everyone knows their first album is their best one.

Pink Triangle is better than anything on the Blue Album.

i've noticed those guitar pedals and guitarist stepping on them from time to time. what do they do?

this is the first time i've heard of shoegaze. i'm guessing that they're afraid they'll look awkward or silly if they try the usual standard rock guitarist moves or maybe they're making a statement against flashy rock guitarist moves or maybe it started as a joke and became popular fad among some bands.

kek

maybe big brother nick is a cool big bro mentoring him into based status

they change and distort the outgoing electrical signals from the guitar to create different effects like fuzz, wah, flange, chorus, delay, loops etc etc. if you use a lot of them it can create quite a weird sound which is what shoegaze bands are noted for

he's the evil weeb influence that finn is pulling away from more each day

and thank god for that

You forgot your trip, Nick

i thought MBV was gay emo rock

>shoegaze
>shoo gays
it's a genre for people who think we need to exterminate homosexuals

they're standing still and looking down at their pedal boards

calling old music "dad rock" should be grounds for execution

thank you, user.

lol

In all honesty, MBV is probably soon going to be dad rock. Those who grew up with it is nearing 40.

Emo rock? Dafuq. Why would you think that?

Maybe you're thinking of Bullet for My Valentine? But even they aren't particularly emo rock. More metalcore.

>dadrocker buttmad when faced with facts

I'm only 19 and I think calling music from a previous generation "dad rock" is really dismissive and disrespectful.

sure thing pops

This is a 20+ website ,kiddo

Fucking dilettantes.

saw them in Sydney a couple of years ago, half the audience was 40+ and the other half were hipsters

Then you're 19 and legitimately stupid, there's nothing derogatory about dadrock or momrock. Music listened by your parents condensed into a term, where's the disrespect?

>Then you're 19 and legitimately stupid
Holy fuck this is one of the most fedora things I've ever seen on this board

You're legitimately stupid if you don't think it carries with it a degree of dismissiveness.

Like "oh that's just boring old uncool shit that dads listen to."

why are there so many threads about this kid?

He's probably the best actor under 30

Why do you think? They want to fuck him.

it's just a descriptive term, gramps, don't be so sensitive.

Why are normies making him a thing?

He has a distinctive look to him, thats literally it

>it's just a descriptive term

It's not, though. It would be descriptive to actually say what kind of music it is.

A category so vast it can encompass as musically diverse bands as Led Zeppelin, The Beach Boys, and My Bloody Valentine is the opposite of "descriptive."

Why do people give a shit about some snot-nosed kike?

that's not a very nice thing to say about seinfeld!
I like some of those threads.

Jerry may be a kike, but he ain't snot-nosed.

Sup Forums has been obsessed with jewish twinks since time immemorial

>In the year since Stranger Things has come out, you’ve had the chance to meet a lot of your personal heroes. Is there any one encounter that stands out to you among them?
>I just met two guys, they do a show called Nirvanna The Band The Show on Viceland. And it’s like, the best show on TV right now in my opinion. The guy who does it, Matt Johnson—with his friend Jay McCarrol, he does all the music and directs it with him—is my favorite director ever. We just got to hang out for a little bit, and we got to talk, and I got to share my ideas with him. It was really cool.

He's just an okay actor but he has great taste to be sure.

take that back