IT is now the highest grossing horror film ever made

Why isn't Sup Forums more butthurt about this?

because they don't really care

The one tripfag who was obsessed with it flopping hung himself.

I am butthurt about it because I got tricked into contributing to it. I can only hope and pray to the Jewish elites of Hollywood that an actually good horror movie ends up topping it soon, this jumpscare shit was terrible.

Did it surpass the sixth sense?

No user, they left that out on purpose.

>grossing
Same reason no one cares about Avatar. It's fucking nothing, and says little about quality.

The movie was formulaic but more akin to 90s movies in structure. I liked it

inflation

It's not terrible. Not great but not bad, not bad enough to get mad about.

Because i loved it. It was legit great.

i saw the originals and this one too but i cannot remember, did they ever explain why this entity chose the form of pennywise the clown?

It's not a terrible movie.
The horror aspects were pretty bad, but the stuff with the kids was alright.

*not adjusted for inflation

In the original, it's implied that he uses that form to trick children into coming with him.
In the new one, they don't explain it, and there's no logical reason for it either.

In the book, he's been a clown for a lng time. H eeats in different ways. Little kids are easier to scare so he goes all clown like and then BOO!
Teens are harder because they believe less in magic and shit, so he has to go all creep on them and make them believe before eating them. The fear makes them taste different (taste may be a mataphor for IT needing different kinds of "dead souls" to consume or something).

Anyway, clownface is to get close to children, but his disguises blend into each others often enough and since he uses the clown one a lot, it shines through the most.

I am. It's mediocre at best and doesn't deserve all the attention it got.

I love IT (the book) and I also really liked the new movie. I'm glad it's doing well. Hollywood should recognize that any genre can generate money if you just do it right. Even with an R rating. In horror probably especially with an R rating.

After Wonder Woman it's just not funny to make fun of Sup Forums anymore. Nothing will ever top that

80s Nostalgia is making bank these days, look at Stranger Things.

I just saw IT.
This new Pennywise has to be the scariest movie monster I've seen in years. Literally years..
The movie itself seems to capture that 80s feeling we've seen in Stranger Things and other important work. Do your part and see it in theaters.

VVitch BTFO!

I loved IT , best film yet ..

deserves many , many Oscars

This just in: Normies literally eat shit and have bad taste
See: iPhones, Beats headphones, and all the other meme things that are "successful" yet are poor quality.

>the deleted scene shows It before it took on the guise of Pennywise
>either way back in Derry's founding or possiblyin prehistoric times as a holdover from the Fukunaga script
I wanna see this shit already, either way I'll be happy.

Vot a tvist!!

>movie was actual shit
>but IT MADE SOOOOOO MUCH $$$$$$
>apparently $$$$ = quality in 2017

So that makes The Force Awakens like one of the best movies of all time right? Fuck off retard

This. Nu IT may have made mad bank but will it stand the test of time? will it be remembered as fondly as the other horror movies it's outsold? unlikely.

>they are still damage controlling
See? It's not fun anymore, this is just sad

Damage control? I just said is made lodsa dosh but it did it in the cheapest way possible. I was never one of the people hoping it would fail because I knew it wouldn't. After Homecoming I knew ANYTHING with a little hype would be impossible to flop due to audiences having absolutly no standards now.

I'd rather watch season 1 of Are You Afraid of the Dark? than re-watch nuIT. The Bozo Clown episode is legitimately more interesting and unsettling.

Good thing IT surpassed those standards. Name flaws to the movie that are unique to IT that make it so much worse than other horror. Everyone just parrots jumpscares and le funny dance.

>I'd rather watch season 1 of Are You Afraid of the Dark?

Man that opening alone is pure 10/10 art direction.

>Name flaws to the movie that are unique to IT that make it so much worse than other horror

Despite other threads including this one having just what you're asking, it's major downfall is being too afraid of its own genre. There is nothing present that pushes the boat out, nothing that says "definitive horror of this generation" like you could with previous generations like Hellraiser for the 90's, Freddy for the 80's, and so on. IT is safe as fuck not made by people who want to scare you but made by suits who want to take cash from you.