Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/tripcode/!!U4zfTAAHJ6G/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

it wasnt that bad though

Why are you laughing? True Sup Forums said it was kino

NOOOOOOO

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO FLOP

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SSHHHIIIIIIITT

IT WAS SUPPOSED TO BE SSSHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT

>Stephen king movie makes a bunch of money

What a surprise

archive.4plebs.org/tv/search/tripcode/!!U4zfTAAHJ6G/

What do you think this guy's doing right about now?

The marketing budget might have been really large though. It's still unclear if IT made any profits.....

It was all those clowns that popped up all over a few years ago. They heard about the new IT movie that was coming down the chute in the future and one guy had the idea of walking around in clown gear, then a buncha people copied him and the internet and lil kids took over from there. Ingenius in it's simplicity. THAT'S marketing, kids.

MILLION
BUDGET

I never watched the original, I hadn't really planned on watching the new one. I don't know how much it follows the plot of the books with It being a fuckin' Yog Sothoth monster or something but normies are increasingly receptive to that kind of these things days. This is the thing with big name releases: It's easy to assume they're going to bank on the IP to sell it rather than the quality. It happens so damn much it's obscene. When it doesn't happen, and the movie is both simultaneously well made and a large IP, then at least it fucking earned the money unlike Ghostbusters.

Floating

I was convinced one of those guys was going to get shot, lynched, or worse.

fuck you

Suicide

It is shit, but it didn't flop because normalshits love PG-13 jumpscare movies.

i still think it was terrible

R rated movies can't make money, they said.

One was beheaded in Mexico.

probably shitposting

Cartels have a thing about clowns ever since some guy dressed up as one to kill a jefe at a kid's birthday party. Shot him dead right in front of the kids.

We all float down here

I won Mr. Trump, no clowns for you...go float yourself.

It was mediocre, but this is GOOD.

It's hard R horror with a medium sized budget and based on an 80's property, not some modern fucking 1 million dollar found footage possession flick.

We might get R rated horror kino back on the fucking menu at last.

This just goes to show how impovrished hollywoo is right now. Multiple times over the last couple of months I have discussed going to the cinema with my gf and we concluded "there is nothing I would pay money to see".

I want to laugh at this guy - But I had an argument with a guy who said Deadpool would both;

>Open well above 100 million

>Make at least 700 million worldwide

I told him he was crazy, and that it would do, at best 50 mil opening weekend, 150 mil domestic and 300 worldwide at ABSOLUTE MAX.

I even anonymously apologized with a thread.

I hope he got it.

Transformers: Dark Side Of The Moon had an article written about it at the time, where they said it had the largest marketing budget of all time, which was nearly 200 million.

There is no way IT was anywhere remotely near that, at all.

Its rated for teens here. Lol.

>mfw Paramount threw out guaranteed profit with a cheap, easy, hard-R nostalgia pandering F13 movie with a new market (people playing the popular game) and the right date (OCTOBER FUCKING 13th RIGHT BEFORE HALLOWEEN) for Mother

Is Paramount run by retards?

Yeah...?

It's MA here. Same as Texas Chainsaw Massacre, A Nightmare On Elm Street etc etc.

The Friday The 13th movie got an "R" here (restricted to adults) purely because of that All Time Great sex scene.

We have an 18s cert too. Which means they think its suitable for teenagers but not so scary that it should only be for adults.

Staying away from IT.

>All that Clown controversy a couple years ago
>Not expecting it to do well
Lmao

Literally yes.

Imagine if they had done a competent 80's set Friday The 13th reboot released on Friday The 13th for Halloween, AFTER this...They would be rolling in money.

What absolute fucking morons.

There is a reason a hack like Aronofsky is meant to work in the independent field.

I just can't believe it, the stars were aligned, they could've blown the box office away.

They could've shit it out in 6 months with a budget of 10 million. Get Tom Savini and Kane Hodder onboard for the oldschool fans and they would've been set.

Instead we get pretentious arthouse shit that nobody wants to see.

Like this guy said (plus the video game hype) everything was perfect that they really could have shit out a typical Platinum Dunes tier one and made money. If they made a really good one, it would have been even bigger.

They even went to all of the trouble to get the rights to Friday The 13th back from New Line.

And to make mother! instead is insanity.

Who wants to see these movies again? There are already piles of bad sequals.

>Is Paramount run by retards?
They're owned by Viacom so yes, absolutely. Viacom subsidiaries aren't known for their intelligent executive staff.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing a gory slasher, but what I'm saying is that Paramount could've easily made bank.

It's rated 13+ in Quebec.

Why is it R anyways?

There's no nudity, mild swearing, no drug use, kinda par for the course violence...

Did they, just beg for an R rating?

Thought the movie was kinda "meh" myself. They seemed to be going for this "Goonies" vibe while providing no out for the viewer to forget the whole story is a blatant parable for child abuse and involves a few patricides.

IT just made 500 million dollars.

A Friday The 13th: The Final Chapter themed reboot would have been huge.

Did you miss the explicit child gangbang or something?

is horror kino back on the menu bois? What's next for Hollywood horror?

Violence against children is still an extra big no-no. Even videogames still don't do it. Having children commit violence on adults seems to skim by but adults committing violence against children is still considered taboo.

>mild swearing
The kids are screaming FUCK every three seconds, you'll get an R for that no matter what. Plus it has lots of blood, not fantasy blood but demented teenagers with knives blood.

So in other words there is very little Adult about it but they wanted to be rated R in the US.

>a little kid gets his arm ripped off in the first 5 minutes
Not everyone is a livestream watching edgelord like you, y'know

Its an incredibly popular horror movie and it has nothing for me, a fan of horror movies. This decade is getting worse and worse.

inflation

>goes to horror movie rated R for adults
Whines about edgy content.

This is the modern american. A whiney little bitch baby and probably mixed race.

It's never going to be the 80's again user.

Blockbuster and the big studios killed that by the early 90's.

Not the guy you're replying to, but he's got a point. People have really bizarre standards for what is and is not acceptable for people under the age of 18. I mean think about it: You have to be over the age of 18 to see an alien clown monster that feeds on the suffering of children rip a kid's arm off? That's pretty assbackward, but it's how things are.

watched it yesterday, it was very good, it had that terminator flow that never lets you go for the first hour, I was pretty amazed.
motherfucker should direct Terminator 3

>kid's arm off
how did they note get an R for that scene alone?

The joke is that kids are mercifully unaware that they should be disturbed and traumatised by things like swearing, violent teenagers or fantasy monsters.

Because Pennywise is technically an immortal alien abomination instead of an adult human. It's like how Japs get away with really weird little girl characters in fiction by saying they're really 3000 year old demons or something.

IT is rated R shitlord

Chinked

JUST

What awful games are you playing?

The ones that have come out in the last decade after normies infested the hobby. Sure there's a few incidences here and there, the early Fallout games for example, but a lot of the time it's a rating suicide to depict graphic adult-on-child violence.

I remember one of those Call of Duty singleplayer campaigns had a family get blown up by a van with a bomb in it. The parents' corpses were on the ground but the kid just evaporated when the bomb went off because they were too pussy to follow through.

I want to fuck the child-eating murder clown beast from Hell and there is no way I can help it.

This had jumpscares? You could see shit coming from miles away just that execution was good.

Whenever someone talks about film grossing I remember the LOTR trilogy grossing $1,656,465,900

But user, those things are common in a childs life. Why would they fear them?

you don't remember when that bathroom becomes completely flood with blood?

Blood? That comes out of my dick when i jerk it too much. Whats the big deal.

so was the gangbang in the original IT or the book?

grats on being the Avatar of horror movies

That explains The Conjuring and Sinister breaking box office records right

Just the book.

>PG-13
>kids saying fuck that many times

People are literally starving for something worth going to see. They will watch anything.

I think you mean Liveleak

Any kid could just go to their local library and buy or rent the book. Which has a lot of more gory stuff and swearing.

Yet just magnum opus the dark tower makes none. Imagine being as Dr umbrella as this guy.

>jumpscares

Not really. Most of it was atmosphere. IT was on screen 90% of the time taunting and seducing the children.

And into a teen heartthrob.

He literally referred to himself as that. I suppose he's not entirely wrong.

Because everybody knows Stephen King but only at the surface level. Normies don't give a fuck, or even know about kings best work, TDT, Desperation, Bag of Bones, etc. they know the bullshit that everyone talks about like It, the shining, and Shawshank. Fuck, half of them don't even know The Green Mile and that's the best adaptation King is ever gonna get.

And the hilarious part is since Paramount failed to put out a F13 film in this year, the rights for the Jason character is going to New Line in 2018

People aren't burned out by horror
People are burned out by constant fucking super hero movies

I'm actually glad horror is getting popular again.

>The marketing budget might have been really large though

How high do you think the advertising budget would be? Keep in mind Disney does the most out of any major movie making company right now and they usually spend around 250M on marketing for Marvel/Star Wars.
It cost 35 million to make and it just reached 500 worldwide. Marketing budget would have to be over 465 million if they were to still not making any money yet.

>loud noises that startle you
>"""horror"""

>"horror"
>loud farting noises
>jump scares

Fun Fact: There was plans to shoot a F13 movie somewhat recently but Paramount decided people didn't want Horror reboots because "Rings" flopped.

SOMMMEBODY STOP ME!
>Stephen King’s The Stand and Salem’s Lot Are Getting Reboots
>“There’s discuss doing The Stand as an prolonged TV collection, probably for Showtime or CBS All Access. And there’s been some curiosity in creating Salem’s Lot as a characteristic, most likely as a result of persons are saying, ‘Well, we took an previous miniseries known as IT and turned it right into a phenomenon, so possibly we are able to do it with one thing else.’ Nothing succeeds like extra!”

This would be Salem's Lot THIRD adaptation.

>People are burned out by constant fucking super hero movies
>the latest capeshit still made tons of money

hiya georgie

this MEANS something. i can feel it

this

the second part is gonna suck

it means inflation

Inflation...of what? Go on...

Is watching box office scores your version of sportsball?

Some did get shot.

Pffft, maybe after JL and Infinity War. But until then? Never.

People are invested, aspie.

>Guardians of the Galaxy 2 : 860 millions
>Wonder woman: 820 millions
>Spiderman: 870 millions
Capeshit looks stronger than ever.