/hor general

/hor general
33 days to Halloween Halloween,
33 days to Halloween
Silver Shamrock

Bumping with cool movie posters

Today's question
Of Halloween, Friday and nightmare, which series had the best 7th film?
I would say Friday 7 no contest but I welcome debate

100 slasher movie list
imdb.com/list/ls053777964/

(Not mine)

Opinated, updated power rankings

F13 4>3>2>5>6>7>1>9>8>Jason x

Anoes
1>3>2>4>new nightmare>5>6

Halloween
1>2>4>3>7>5>6>8

Texas chainsaw
2>1>3>4

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=T4Z1mnjLwiA
en.wikipedia./wiki/List_of_Halloween_television_specials
twitter.com/AnonBabble

this poster is pretty cool

Weaponized my autism to put this together. I started watching early this year.

Nice

F13 pt. VII is really fun and has a lot of the most creative kills, as well as having the most emotionally satisfying ending.

All this autism, yet no underwater/sea monster category.

>Halloween
>1>2>4>3>7>5>6>8
Nice
I would make only the following adjustments...
> 1 > 2 = 4 > 3 > 6 (pc) > 5 = h20 >>> 6 (tc) > zombie2 > Zombie1 >>>>>>> resurrection

Gib recommendations pls

I love how on everybody's list the zombie movies are automatically shit tier
1 was god awful but I didn't think 2 was that bad

That's pretty cool!

Friday the 13th:
6 > 4 > 3 > 1 > 2 > 7 > 5 > 9 > 10 > 8

Gonna watch Trick r' Treat for the first time this Halloween. Really want it to be good

The creature from the black lagoon
Jaws
Humanoids from the deep
Lake Placid
Piranha
Deep Blue Sea
Alligator

Gonna try & rank the non franchise 80s Slashers I have seen. (Note it has been a while since I have seen most of these)
> My Bloody Valentine
Great
> The Final Terror
Great
> Just Before Dawn
Really good
> The Prowler
Really good
> Humongous
Really good
> Madman
Really good
> The Slayer
Good
> Superstition
Good
> Body Count (the one with Charles naipier)
Good
> Ghost Dance
Good
> Headhunter
Ok
> Iced
Poor to bad
> The Burning
Poor to bad, honestly this one is severely overrated, the raft massacre is great but otherwise blah, extremely unlikable cast, non menacing villain make up once revealed, sex scene is cringy not sexy.

I really is man.

Why 6 as best? Sure it's comfy as hell but it's more of a monster movie then a slasher. Also no tits and weak gore

F13 4>3>2>5>6>7>1>9>8>Jason x

Not bad but the last 3 are botched and 5 and 6 should be switched. Nothing is worse than Jason goes to hell. Rankings Adjusted
F13 4>3>2>6>5>7>1>Jason X>8>9

Anoes
1>3>2>4>new nightmare>5>6
I would put New Nightmare in second place but Everything else is good.

Halloween
1>2>4>3>7>5>6>8
The Producers cut of 6 is the third best Myers movie, 3 is trash and I hate the new wave of people pretending its watchable. Adjusted Rankings
Halloween 1>2>PC6>4>5>7>6>3>8

Texas chainsaw
2>1>3>4
Objectively correct but 4 has some great acting moments that make it worth watching.

I haven't seen half of these. Thanks for the list.

Just watched this. Holy shit it blows the first Prom Night out of the water.

The most entertaining. Loved the kills and it felt fresh.

I like all of them on some level.
Even Resurrection has a good opening, a solid lead female, Katee Sackhoff having fun, a good Myers mask & that priceless look on Busta Rhymes stupid fucking face when Myers effortlessly stops his stick.

Not like that requires much. It's pretty forgettable apart from an okay premise, WTF Leslie Nielsen is in this moment and some cleavage from young Jamie Lee Curtis.

slightly off topic but are there any good movies that take place on Halloween but aren't horror movies?

please dont say Donnie Darko

youtube.com/watch?v=T4Z1mnjLwiA

>You need to get the hell outta here. Go on. Scoot. skedaddle. Get the fuck out of dodge.

He tells him four different times to go in the back with Nora. It's great.

Friday 7 was so heavily edited it was literally PG-tier. Decent concept, shit execution.

2+3 are the best of the series, they are the last to still have that grindhouse feel.

>Nothing is worse than Jason goes to hell
Not OP but strongly disagree.
One of the best most mature cast of the franchise, a great opening & ending.
Solid shootout in the diner. Fantastic gore. A underused but solid nemesis for Jason in Duke, one of the best body swapping films out there.
8 has FAR less then all that to offer.

Have some additional power rankings

Child's Play
1>2>Bride>Curse>3>Seed

Final Destination
2>1>5>3>4

Saw
1>2>3>4>5>6>7

Scream
1>3>2>4

Someone else has to do Hellraiser, Ive only seen 1, 2, and the one where it's a online MMO.

Retard Jason is superior Jason IMO. Zombie Jason is fine, and sure the first 4 are the same movie repeated a bunch of times, but I like the creepier tone of those earlier ones than the cartoonishness of the later ones.

You can find most of them on YouTube or gostream.is

Scream is actually
1=2>4>3

Hellraiser is literally 2>1>my morning poops>the rest

I said good

Hell is underrated and 6 is overrated. Hell has all of those things plus the second best Jason head (even if we only get to see it for a few minutes). 6 is perfectly fine and probably one of the best *movies* in the series, but it lacks all of the things we came to see F13 for:

>tits
>gore
>entertaining side characters
>badass final girl (cop's daughter was meh)
>awesome Jason death

But I get it, I rank 2 the best because I jerked off to Terry's tits and ass the most as a kid. To each his own.

2 > 4 > 3 > 5 > 6 > remake > 7 > Hell > FvJ > 1 > 8 > X

We all know American Werewolf in London & the 1st Howling still have the best transformations but what are you favorite Werewolf suits/designs?
A few here, feel free to share some not listed.

It works as a body hopping horror flick but as a Friday/Jason film it lacks what fans want from the franchise. 8 is garbage and ignores a lot of what made the franchise work previously but at its core it was still a monster in a hockey mask slaughtering horny and high teens, Goes to hell isn't, its about an evil heart being eaten by strangers and chased by a second rate Carl Weathers. It does have a really fun opening though, but you cut out the first 7 minutes and it isn't even a Friday movie anymore.

sorry

>Scream 1=2

How so? I can't remember much good about 2.

William from Underworld 2

And...

Howling werewolf will always be my favorite. They nailed the animalism of it (rather than just some shaggy dude), and I like the snout and ears. AAWIL second best but probably best transformation.

Op here
F13:
Jason x is flat out the worst one. The terrible budget really shows, and it makes no sense from beginning to end.
It's also horribly cheesy in a terrible way. The only part I can stand is the opening
8 and hell at least have merit. Goes to hell in particular had some great scenes, like the opening.

6 is good and comfy as hell, but the lack of nudity and gore, coupled with the fact that's it's less a slasher than a monster movie is why I have 5 above 6

Anoes: new nightmare is a love it or hate it movie. I hate it, but I can see your opinion.

Halloween: again six is a love it or hate it movie. Much like 3, which while I can understand why you don't enjoy it, I enjoy it as a thriller even though the plot doesn't make tons of sense

Honestly I probably shouldn't have even ranked Scream, I love the first three so much that ideally I would rate it 1=2=3>4

it directly continues the story from 1 in a good way, they are basically one movie

What made you think The Final Terror was any better than The Burning?

>mfw my favorite newsgirl has a ball hidden behind her back

worst werewolf

I recall the actors being both likable & competent acting wise.
I liked them banding together & forming traps for the killer.
Better more isolated use of the deep forest.
Cool trademark weapon for the killer.
Absolutely brutal kill while 2 characters are having sex.
A good score (can't recall the burning's score at all)

It's a damn good suit but the bunny ears keep it from being in my top picks.

I love those bunny ears. I like how it shapes the head. I see what you mean though.

I'm going to steal your list for inspiration because I don't even have any horror movies on my hard drive at the moment

F13 5 above 6 and 1 so low

is this bait?

Hocus Pocus.

You have far more luck with TV shows for your taste. I have a whole folder of specials that I watch every year.

F13 my power-ranking: 6>4>1>2>7>9>3>8>X>5

>3 so low

The only redeeming quality is that Jason gets his mask. Other than that its a very uninspired xerox copy of the previous two.

>Hellraiser is literally 2>1>my morning poops>the rest
Piss off, 3 is a plenty good fun slasher fun & 4 has issues but there is a lot of good ideas in there.
It was meant to be a multi generational epic but ended up butchered in editing like Halloween6.
It actually handled in the "in space" aspect seriously unlike fucking Jason X.

Youre missing Dog Soldiers, best looking lanky and tall werewolves were creepy as fuck

Not OP I would rank 6 & 5 as my top favorites of the series easily.
They each have what the other is lacking.
5 has lots of kills & gore, a great final chase, best nudity of the series but no Jason and Tommy is a non character.

6 has a fantastic terminator-ish take on Jason, Tommy being 1 of the best leads of the series but no nudity and limited blood.

Where the fuck is Dog Soldiers?

The heads were great but I didn't like the skinless bodies.

>the first Hellraiser
>demons

Night of the demons is such an disapointment, takes 45minutes for anything to happen and aside from few gory deaths its very lame and boring

70s body snatchers and suspiria are so fucking good and creepy as fuck

Post your horror waifus...

> Nadia (Antje Traue) in Pandorum (2009)

It was pretty bad, the best part was the kiss between Brad Dourif's daughter and Jennifer Tilly

My full horror harem...

Warriors...
> Nadia - Antje Traue (Pandorum - 09)
> Jannicke - Ingrid Bolso Berdal (Cold Prey 1 & 2)
Pic related...

Mothers...
> Kara Strode - Marianne Hagan (Halloween 6)
> Paula - Kerry Noonan (F13 Part 6 Jason lives)

Sluts...
> Tina - Debi Sue Voorhees (F13 Part 5)
> Amanda - America Olivo (F13 2009)

best ayylmao waifu also

Anyone seen this show?
Good?

screenshot please

In the process of re-doing it. Will send to you after. Some aren't halloween things but I just like to watch them at halloween time (ie. some Twilight Zone's).

Thoughts on Phantasm?

>great Carpenter-esque theme
>great villain and weapon
>bad acting
>bad pacing
>bad editing
>not particularly creepy

I thought it was a piece of shit too
"Chucky found this spell on the internet....""
Dropped

Never seen, will check it out!

>when the child is the best actor

>The creature from the black lagoon

I had no idea they made a 3rd Creature movie

>New Nightmare isn't the best Nightmare film
>Halloween 2 and 4 better than 3
>H2O that low
>Texas Chainsaw 2 better than 1

Please never post on this board again, you disgusting pleb

It's really solid, has a really poetic sad ending.
2 is ok but the cast isn't a half as likable as the 1st and their motives for prodding the creature are greed and little more.

I'm gonna watch Lights Out(2016). If this thread is still here when I get back I'll shitpost about it.

missed Body Horror, senpai.

society, the blob etc

Wow you have some radical opinions
You honestly think new nightmare is the best? Please explain your logic as that is a very minority opinion.

Same with Halloween 3

TCM 2 holds up upon multiple viewings, including one of the best performances by Dennis hopper ever
Where as Tcm is just kind of boring to me.

Nowhere did I say my rankings are set in stone. Just personal preference
But feel free to expand on your opinions instead of. Going

Lol pleb

Bumping with these to keep this thread alive.

Add Deep Star Six and Leviathan. Also Octopus (2000) is Z-movie kino.

Now watch the third its good for laughs.

Is Green Inferno any good?

I did like his comment about Hannibal being canceled. I like to imagine that Andy and Chucky were watching the show together.

Fuck that movie. Fucking liberal cunts.

Event horizon tiem

Haven't seen Green Inferno yet but wasn't the whole point of the movie that liberals were naive retards?

Yeah, and then in the end the survivor tells authorities that it was the evil humans that slaughtered the natives and that the natives did nothing wrong.

Lights Out started fantastic, and then it became a generic shitty movie.

awesome list dude. Haven't read all of it but Im liking the zombie list!

The Host

Still working on it but this is pretty much it. Opinionated since it's mine but still. Wiki had a whole page dedicated to it though.

en.wikipedia./wiki/List_of_Halloween_television_specials

Sleepaway Camp (1983) had a lot of wasted potential. Creepy aunt Martha needed an arc in the end. Of course it will never be remade because by today's standards it is offensive to LGBT.

Name a better 80s bully bitch than Judy

Mary Lou a cute