Lovecraftian films thread? Lovecraftian films thread

Lovecraftian films thread? Lovecraftian films thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EHqnSX4SJ_A
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Void

fuck off reddit

this thread is borderline kafkasque lovecraft, truly sneed's favorite

the mist
and..
ummm... I don't know. Words were the perfect medium for trying to describe that which is indescribable, by metaphor, allegory and other indirect methods. Once you show an eldtrich entity having a physical form it becomes just another monster. You get used to it.
You simply cannot make a proper lovecrafitan film. Only brush the surface with exposition.

A Dark Song

What if there was an ear shattering fart noise

The Curse

in the mouth of madness is better

ahhh my sanity why did i look at that monster

Colour out of space is one of my favorite stories by lovecraft ever. The implication that the light its sending out thats turning everything grey is sending more and more out little be little, and thousands or millions of years from now everything will be like that is the same impossible to fight aspect of cosmic horror I love. Also when they put the pole into the well to see if the kids body is in there, and it goes deeper and deeper until they feel something big swim by it. God damn, horror nut.

In order to appreciate lovecraft you have to have already felt that weirdness in existence, that cosmic horror implied by merely being. You need to already feel it, otherwise it's just words that do not signal that familiar bewitchment you felt if you have pondered about consciousness and the assymetric/chaotic nature of nature...
I know that it doesn't answer the OP's q. but I just wanted to say this.

I've been slowly reading the "The Dream Cycle of H.P. Lovecraft: Dreams of Terror and Death" collection of short stories and I find it fun but his insistence on making up "exotic" names for literally everything is kinda embarassing tbqh.

But do you have to show anything at all? People always say the REE REE REE scene in Psycho is brilliant for what it doesn't show.

you need to be at least 18 to post here

>Singular
>Antedeluvian
>Horrors
>Unimaginable

What did I forget?

>non-euclid geometry
you missed that one.

>you will never have a tentacle waifu

>movie trailer
>WHAT IF CTHULU WASN'T JUST A STORY
>ear shattering fart noise
>full frontal shot of Cthulu rising from the sea with water streaming off of its body
>black screen
>coming 2018

>movie
>opening shot is Cthulu rising out of the water
>movie is 2 hours and 45 minutes of Cthulu destroying a city
>ending is Cthulu standing over the leveled city roaring at the sky

>What if lovecraftian
>*gay wuuub sound*
>wasn't just a meme

Lovercraftian is a shit meme and he was a shit writer so I'll just presume you meant "something really scary and weird", in that case check up Jacob's Ladder.

absolute kinothulu

>Al Halzred: You didnt belive me did you...
>*ear shattering fart noise*
>Narrator:That is not dead which can eternal lie...
>Niggerman: We're right screwed meow, gang!
>*Ctulhi turns slowly towards the camera*
>Erich Zann: Stand back, friends.. *unsheats fiddle*
>Narrator:But with strange aeons...
>ear shattering fart noise*
>*Ctulhu screams*
>Lovecraft: This is some singular antedeluvian shit my niggas, daymn!
>Narrator: Even death may die.
>*ear shattering fart noise*
>2018
>Ctulhu: Origins

Cyclopean Architecture

Conan. Even the new one. The books are considered as part of the Lovecraftian lore.

I really like this version of owl creek someone put together with background music.
youtube.com/watch?v=EHqnSX4SJ_A

Really wish we could get a lovecraft anthology series without Jordan Peele.

>starring Johnny Depp as Lovecraft

I was thinking Idris Elba as Lovecraft, (or Dr Strange/Holmes guy), Eddie Murphy as Niggerman, Hannibal Lecter as Erich Zann and Mark Strong as Al Hazred

the thing is my favorite lovecraftian film.

forgot pic

Eldritch

how tf could you forget that

Chuck off you kafkaesque piece of sneed.

> "Hope Street is near enough to the "North End" to have a considerable Jewish attendance. It was there that I formed my ineradicable aversion to the Semitic race. The Jews were brilliant in their classes - calculatingly and schemingly brilliant - but their ideals were sordid and their manners coarse. I became rather well known as an anti-Semite before I had been at Hope Street many days."

> As for New York - there is no question but that its overwhelming Semitism has totally removed it from the American stream. Regarding its influence on literary & dramatic expression - it is not so much that the country is flooded directly with Jewish authors, as that Jewish publishers determine just which of our Aryan writers shall achieve print & position. [...] Taste is insidiously moulded along non-Aryan lines - that [...] it is a special, rootless literature which does not represent us."

> "not a paper in New York dares to call its soul its own in dealing with the Jews [...] I do think that something ought to be done to free American expression from the control of any element which seeks to curtail it, distort it, or remodel it in any direction other than its natural course."

> His wife (a jewess) had this to say about their divorce "If the truth be known, it was this attitude towards minorities and his desire to escape them that promoted him back to Providence [...] I did not leave him on account of non-providence, but chiefly on account of his harping hatred of J--s. This and this alone was the real reason."

I love that movie.

But I've developed one of those "alternative explanations" hypotheses like those youtubers do where "it's all just a dream in a comatose character's mind" sort of thing. Only I think mine might work.

OFFICIAL LOVECRAFTIAN FILM TIER LIST:

GOD TIER:
In the Mouth of Madness
GREAT TIER:
Re-Animator
AM1200
GOOD TIER:
The Mist
DECENT TIER:
Dagon
Cool Air
AWFUL TIER:
The Void
REDDIT TIER:
All of the above

Where did the lovecraftian meme come from? Does it have something to do with IT reviews?

Parts of this were Lovecraftian. Like the parts about finding the secret pages of the grimoires, the forbidden knowledge aspect, being attacked by random cult members, and the idea that the protagonist unleashed something malign upon the world.

For a few weeks it was mostly just me spamming the ear shattering fart noise Cthulhu pasta for shits n giggles then others joined in and then it quickly evolved from Cthulhuposting into this generalized Lovecraft mockery

Good job creating a meme then

>Where did the lovecraftian meme come from?

August Derleth