ITT unexpected kino

ITT unexpected kino

Other urls found in this thread:

vox.com/culture/2017/9/24/16347112/fox-the-orville-episode-3-about-a-girl-recap-review
youtube.com/watch?v=y_RObDqbF0o
youtube.com/watch?v=wzVprkrNlT8
youtu.be/bShYtQVINBY
youtube.com/watch?v=c0m2QE9WDkc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I love Seth's voice so much. Hope he sings at some point this season.

>It's a show runs out of idea in the fourth season and introduces a musical episode
That and time travel plots are always red flags that the writers are literally all out of ideas.

why is this show shilled so hard here?

>new show people are watching
DUDE SHILLS LMAO
just kill yourself already

you first, shill.

Back to your Simpsons threads.

The type of manchildren who would enjoy Boreville typically find the need to have their opinions validated by others incredibly pressing.

wow look at all this organic conversation about this new show that people are watching going on in this thread.

That one episode of Star Trek TNG where Picard dies and Q takes him back in time was good.

but user but user Vox said it's terrible transphobic show

vox.com/culture/2017/9/24/16347112/fox-the-orville-episode-3-about-a-girl-recap-review

This show is just ok. It's not great but it's not a train wreck either.
The biggest reason Sup Forums talks about it so much is because it was launched against the new Trek show.

Sup Forums trashes STD and trashes orville

why can't they enjoy both for what they are?

>mfw STD gets cancelled after the first season while basedville gets 10 seasons and a movie

literally no one would pay for shills on a board full of NEETs known for pirating everything and talking about movies the most when there's a torrent out for it.

if someone here likes a show, they won't pay for it or buy merch, they'll seed it. this would be the worst place to advertise.

I'm liking it more than I thought I would, but it's still hurt by the fact that it thinks it's a comedy.
I didn't get what people meant when they said that there are no jokes in A Million Ways to Die in the West, but now I understand. I mean, there are bad jokes and then there's this.

The show grew on me fast. I like the characters, and I'm glad we are starting to see the Robot guy more. There was a moment last episode where the Robot was curiously asking Seth about is marriage and it felt like a Picard/Data moment.

Then Liam Neeson pops up on screen and I went into full comfy mod. I hope we continue to see more guest stars like this.

Well I don't know about STD because I haven't been assed to watch it yet, but I can't really enjoy Orville for what it is because what it is is mediocre.

Great show

The show might be good, I know that Macfarlane loves Star Trek and used his clout to appear on Enterprise, but...

Fuck me, I hate his face. Every time I see it, I just feel this inescapable urge to punch it.

show me a more punchable face than this smug faggot

>robot guy
i think his suit looks retarded
its awful
his costume is easily the biggest eyesore and maybe the thing hindering the show next to the forced macfarlane humor

He reminds me too much of Brian Cobb [just some guy I went to high-school with] to get punchy about it!

>tfw orville will get cancelled because of bad press/marketing and an unfunny pilot

>tfw std will get cancelled it's locked behind a paywall no one is willing to pass, and the free pilot was shit

I like his costume, but more so, I LOVE his voice. It's absolutely perfect.

youtube.com/watch?v=y_RObDqbF0o

sometimes the jokes are just bad
did i hurt your feelings or something?
you seem really upset
his costume is shit and his voice is too on the nose

Wouldn't cry at either of these things, desu.

The first time I watched I thought McFarlane was voicing the robot as well.

it's probably the same 2 ppl spamming this shit 24/7

i fucking hate Seth so was fully expecting to hate this show. the first episode had the same shitty jokes Seth is known for which confirmed that i'd hate it. watched the second episode and found they had really toned down the shitty jokes and it was actually watchable. it wasn't great but it also wasn't shit. 3rd episode was kinda shitty but the 4th was actually pretty fucking good. unfortunately Seth really brings the show down just by his fucking presence yet despite that it's somehow pretty fucking enjoyable.

after those 2 shitty STD episodes Orville actually feels more like star trek and somehow even has a more serious tone which i wouldn't believe ever possible. we'll have to wait and see how both seasons play out but so far it's pretty clear which is the better show

macfarlane has the most punchable face of all time.

some of the jokes are just bad
like all the scenes with the blob
but in the last episode i had some real laughs
like when he ate that food
and i like how the characters seem human
like not as restrained and almost haughty as the humans in tng
the show is better than i expected overall

Seems like it would be easy for you to identify with then.

The Liam Neeson guest spot at the end was one of the best parts of the episode. Just a subtle 30 second monologue so his presence doesn't overshadow the episode.

That said, this was probably the weakest episode since the pilot. The resolution was pretty much just the result of blasting people with phasers.

It's not very good. Seth really doesn't have the charisma to carry live action and seems to think he's got the makings of a leading man because he can do voices on a cartoon show. His humor is also pretty boring, I hate comedy that's just pointing out inconsistencies in show logic, like when he made 100 ways to die in the west and it was just an hour and a half of "man this place sucks why would people wanna live here right audience haha."

Show has a nice supporting cast though.

I loved it.

It felt motherfuckingly powerfully Trekky

Love it.

Even though I was paid to talk about this show on message boards I'm actually starting to like it, like FOR REAL like it too.

Can Our Guy actually sing?

youtube.com/watch?v=wzVprkrNlT8

>hating depressed norm trying to ooze chocolate grandma
objectively wrong

Seth needs to get some Real Sci Fi writers and then he can punch up the scripts with some "humor" if he wants
as of right now the show has real "90s Comfy" feel about it but the plots seem like stuff I've seen 100 times before.

its forced and normeme macdonald isnt as funny as you think he is

robot man looks like a dodgy character from red dwarf
his voice even sounds like legion

>third rate fanfiction
>kino

people only shill this show because they are disappointed with STD

i have been investigating reddit recently and noticed that on their tv board there are threads like this and "wow did not expect the orville to be this good" posted several times a day.

this is literal shilling who knows how much fox is paying for it

He is an annoying faggot

I watched the first three episodes last night. It's a charming show. I like it.

I wouldn't mind doing some shilling in my free time. Can you point me in the right direction of who to talk to so I can get started?

>the plots seem like stuff I've seen 100 times before.
Well it is a parody series making light of old tropes and the like

he has a voice and way of speaking that makes you think he's funny. that's good enough for me.

This, the Liam Neeson cameo talking about his peoples' endeavor to explore the cosmos in a generation ship felt like I was suddenly slipping into a nice cozy episode of TNG or DS9.

>mfw Vic Fontaine from ds9 makes an appearance and they crooner duet.
We've already seen Bashir's dad and Siskos terrorist wife is the ships doctor.

Better than Data,
>let's just drown him in white makeup

I wish he were more condescending, though. He's basically a boring Data.

What was funny about the food? He looked dishonest and like a dick.

Damn just finished this, did not expect the absolute Kino I witnessed. I can't believe I found the ending so moving.

There's no way he isn't getting Paddy Stewart on at some point.

see Even if everyone who visits Sup Forums watches the show legally, the net effect on Fox's revenue would probably be $500 or so. This isn't the volumes they deal with. Tens of millions of dollars are at stake here. They put up billboards rather than hiring Pajeets to shitpost on a Taiwanese discus throwing enthusiast website.

Everyone who "shills" here is doing it for free.

what the fuck is wrong with that asshole's face

data looks that way because hes an android
the faggot orville data looks straight up retarded and half assed
he looks like a halloween costume from party city

when he asked
>wheres your garbage
i laughed

It's like we got two Star Trek tv shows at once and this one takes place in an alternate universe.

I don't know who this man is but he has a very punchable face

nah

he has a few studio albums

Facelifts and shit genes, I'd assume. I cant honestly say he's doing poorly, though. He's got some good comedic timing and his voice and posture are top notch for a captain role.

mild/moderate fetal alcohol syndrome

it's ok though, he can be amusing if you look past his face.

As a crooner, he is very well trained. I cant speak for other singing styles though.
youtu.be/bShYtQVINBY

Why isn't the show described as a comedy? Wikipedia says it's a drama

it's not a comedy. it's unironically a Star Trek tribute. Seth makes quips because 90% of viewers expect that when they see his name on something.

Orville isnt funny but it's more Star Trek than STD is

It has some heart and is a fun, goofy, space adventure. Turn your brain off and appreciate it for what it is

youtube.com/watch?v=c0m2QE9WDkc

he's got a really good singing voice

They need to make jokes so they can claim it's a parody, otherwise Paramount would sue them for ripping off Star Trek.

This is the truth. But we have yet to see whether it has a good or bad influence, and whether the rest of the episodes will hold up the low to medium standard the series has.

Either him or Shatner, i think, would be great.

Shatner's been dying to get a Star trek Cameo and got sort of shafted from the JJ Trek movies in favor of Spock.

I get the feeling he'd love to ham it up on orville.

He fits it's campy tone perfectly

TNG has musical episodes, as does DS9 and VOY

They are all fucking great because you can tell the cast are having a blast hamming to the max

I got this strange feeling that by the time the Season Finale comes along, we are all going to be even more surprised.

Well I'm watching the first episode and it seems funny so far

I mean it is pretty funny not ''seems''

My hope is that as the audience stabilizes and the show gets confirmed for a second season, Seth will gradually tone down the comedy more and more.

By season three people watching it since the beginning won't even have noticed it turn into a serious drama.

Are you seriously telling me that the 2nd half of ep2 wasnt the funniest shit you've seen in a sci fi show since Andromeda?

It's getting a bit more toned down later.

if they can refine the humor while keeping it as solid trek sci-fi, this show can be great

good humor:
>gossip, complaining about their job and unprofessional behavior (as displayed by the black guy a few times in ep 4) on the bridge

bad humor:
>yo mamma and dick jokes while being interrogated

I do hope it finds its spot, watching Discovery made me afraid that it will never be as relaxed as Star Trek is in general, I guess everyone's expectations or hopes would be Galaxy quest as a series, I hope as much although I have not seen it yet because I rather wait a full series at least.

/tvpol/ is assblasted at the progressiveness of Nu-Trek so MacFarlane is now /ourguy/ out of protest.

It's just contrarianism, as usual.

Also looking at the credits, is funny to see how they got Braga and Frakes, which I am guessing will inevitably have a cameo too.

They're definitely still trying to find a balance, not just with style but with timing.

Case in point, the setup and punchline on the holodeck joke in episode 3 was funny but it went on for 3-4 seconds too long

There are rumors floating around that Patrick Stewart has a cameo this season

>>mfw STD gets cancelled after the first season while basedville gets cancelled after the first season because of copyright issues

Really enjoying the Star Trek TNG themes and pacing of the series, it is pretty comfy watching, the Orville that is

wtf I wanna be a shill now

>Bill cameos in Orville
>synopsis and promos describe him as renowned hero and captain of the Union flagship
>everyone goes into the episode expecting it to be pseudo-Kirk hero worship
>instead we get Shatner as a Zapp Brannigan-like character

>MacFarlane's wife is the voice of the computer
Jesus Christ.

but it's trash

Because a lot of Sup Forumsedditors are mentally stuck in the late 80s, and the Orville feels like a show from that era.

>mfw Orville gets canned and STD gets 10 more seasons of dark sets, awful characters, lens flare, shallow action, and political allegories with all the balance and subtlety of a HuffPost article

The forth episode FINALLY found the humor/serious balance. I dug the Trek vibe even if it was a simplistic type story.

I was laughing and grinning at the cut to the b-story of the epic Trek style space battle. The fact that it was played seriously until the very end made the bridge guy's reaction work.

>guy gets cucked
>forgives her cuz she's smart

seth isn't married

>our ideas of gender upside down.
we're not hyenas