The X Files

8/10 of the new episodes will be Monster of the Week.
ew.com/tv/2017/09/29/the-x-files-season-11-first-look-chris-carter/
That's rather disappointing in my opinion.

not even carter can make up more bullshit "mythology" eps. works for me tbqfhwy.

im wondering how THE FUCK THEY CONTINUE AWFUL CLIFFHANGER

MOTW was always the only reason to watch the show post-season 1, anyway. The mythology episodes went off the deep end really quickly.

There must be some scientific explanation fae this

>The mythology episodes went off the deep end really quickly.
It was all fine up until the movie.
And even when it got convoluted, the mythology episodes were still often entertaining.

>People actually prefer MOTW over mythology episodes
Is it because I only watched it for the first time last year?

>still no doggett
seriously, fuck this shit.

Robert Patrick said he'd like to reprise the role - but he said that very recently. They've probably almost finished making the new season.

He and Reyes are assumed to be dead based on the recent audiobook

>Reyes coming back to season 11
>assumed dead
nah.

This is the right way to do it, fuck off retard

>2 episodes is enough to try and salvage the clusterfuck Carter made
Why are mouth-breathing redditors allowed on Sup Forums?

Only because Carter has gone senile or something and can't stitch together proper mythology episodes anymore.

I wonder how much SJW and anti-Trump shit they'll inject into the new episodes too, given the stuff they had last season.

why the hell can't they make a normal 20-something episode season? 10 episodes ain't enough

Is any of the expanded universe stuff good?

Why can't this show just stay dead? I enjoyed the original series but the revival was terrible. Move onto something else. I only watched the first episode of the revival before giving up on it.

>I only watched the first episode of the revival before giving up on it
Then you are not worth listening to.
The revival overall was pretty poor - but it also gave one of the best episodes of the whole show.

>implying Carter could come up with a satisfying conclusion even if all 10 episodes were mythology
Once again fuck off retard.

Those were the best episodes

It's so strange to see Mulder and Scully both old.

Because the main storyline has literal tons of extra baggage you need to remember and always leaves you with unanswered questions.
The motw episodes, on the other hand are purely self contained, usually funny and highly entertaining.

>People who like MOTW are so stupid they literally can't remember past episodes and plot points
At last I see

I'm still right.

You probably have shit taste, even on a first watch those episodes are complete garbage.

They drag around a lot, always end in cliffhangers and whatever new information you get from them might be questioned in future myth episodes. They're just really fucking bad.

>can't stitch together proper mythology episodes anymore
he wasnt able to do that after season 4 so it's been a while

Literally no one gave a shit about Scully's alien baby dude.

mythology episodes are all overly dramatic crap that constantly undermines itself and doesn't even feel like it's part of the same show as the MOTW ones
thankfully they were usually isolated to the start and end of seasons

I liked it until Chris Carter forgot how to write a good story

X-Files died a long time ago, with Season 7 or was it 8, when Duchovny got tired of it.

I only "seriously" started X-Files with the revival. Was Mulder always so fucking insufferable? Like holy shit, he was the worst thing about the show. His monologue during the finale got me so close to just dropping the show altogether.

The MotW episodes were fun though.

So.... basically like X-Files then...

>he didn't watch Mulder and Scully Meet the Were-Monster

you just dont GET it

wow they actually remembered to make it atmospheric
maybe they have some decent directors this time
why do seasons 1-6 on blu ray look so much fucking nicer than season 10? they look better than some films

much better than this shit