98% on Rotten Tomatoes

>98% on Rotten Tomatoes
The fucking score rose even higher!

reminder this is a flick for the capeshit generation

just one fag means nothing hed probably give anything that comes out a high score

That fucking forbes critic gave capeshit fresh ratings and even The Dark tower

There were 38 other critics out of 40 who also gave it a fresh you retarded r/flicks goon

tfw i STILL haven't watched Blade Runner, or the original Star Wars trilogy

I think it's possible to watch without the previous ones, similar to Fury Road

>1
Almost all these shills praising capeshit have given it a positive. People like this just don't "turn on their brains"

Well, i want to see it but there's just always films that i want to see more that i end up watching instead.

if you do, watch the Final Cut of Blade Runner

it released in 2007

>gives bladerunner has the lowest score of all of those shitty movies
>better than the original

What did he mean by this?

>Wonder Woman
>One of the best superhero movies ever made

villeneuve is the biggest hack in cinema right now.

I don't think a C+ is "praise".

>there are people on this board that actually take RT scores seriously and use them as a measure of quality
L M A O
M
A
O

This really is the most pleb board on Sup Forums

Do you really think that's a good idea?
For instance, if someone asked me to watch Apocalypse Now or Apocalypse Now Redux i'd tell them to watch the original cut first.

>praising
>c+
retard

why don't you point out all the intelligent people that rated it negatively on rt?

oh wait

it means he's a brainlet

>BR 2049 get's great prerelease reviews
>"the prescreening reactions are just paid shills, it will be a critical flop you'll see"
>BR 2049 get's extremely good release critic reviews on all critic sites
>"all critics are paid shills, the 95% fresh score is just the paid shills"
---------------------YOU ARE HERE
>the box office is already double of the budget, even the audience score is extremely high, both on RT and IMDb
>"audience are dumb normies and they are just sucking Villeneuve's cock"
>RLM releases a Half in the Bag and they absolutely love it, even more than the original
>"fuck those RLM shills, the gay blackman Armond is the only guy I trust!"
>Armond has loved Villeneuve the whole time
I love seeing Sup Forums crumble and get eternally BTFO time and time again.

And the funniest thing is this pasta predicted 95% fresh RT score, while the actual score is 98%

But what if you personally enjoy the directors cut more than the original and thus it heightens ur initial viewing? Obviously there is no way to know which you'd like more, but with certain directors you can take the chance to watch their intended version first

God forbid someone on a board for television and film discussion waits until they've actually seen a movie and articulates their own opinion instead of defending it with meaningless numbers and screenshots (before they've even seen it themselves). Keep in mind you are the reason this board is as shit as it is right now. You're killing discussion because you're so desperate to validate your preconceived opinion of a movie while lacking the brainpower to do anything other than point at someone else's thoughts.

Just the redplebs that consume capeshit and john wicks

Is it glib?

>God forbid someone on a board for television and film discussion waits until they've actually seen a movie and articulates their own opinion instead of defending it with meaningless numbers
I know god forbid someone endlessly criticise with meaningless buzzwords and have a hateboner for months since the first promo pics and the first sight of a positive review with some facts to back it up and you're accused of shilling.

fucking anti-shills were shitting up the board for months and as soon as we get good news you want to carry on hating it, we're discussing it right fucking now

you

I think the real question that nobody is asking is, why has there not been an influx of Blade Runner gun replicas? I've been looking for one for 20 years, so I thought that with a new movie more would be available, but no.

>production company: alcon and sony
>wb is just distributing for domestic
maybe, but one things for sure and that it might have just saved sony in the eyes of normalfags

it's not a glib facsmilie but it is the thinking mans kino

>I know god forbid someone endlessly criticise with meaningless buzzwords and have a hateboner for months
I haven't done any of these things and you're just as bad as the people doing them. Posting screenshots of RT is possibly the most anti-discussion, cancerous practice on Sup Forums. None of you fucks actually give a shit about anything other than validating your bias towards certain movies/franchises. You're a fucking drone who can't articulate his own opinion.
>fucking anti-shills were shitting up the board for months and as soon as we get good news you want to carry on hating it, we're discussing it right fucking now
There's no discussion here. No one has even seen the movie yet. You're sending screenshots of critics back and forth with two word replies. Absolute fucking cancer. Go back to Sup Forums

You could probably 3d print one

If you weren't so desperate to have your taste reaffirmed by others, you would just ignore the shitposters. It's actually really easy.

daily reminder that a "fresh" rating on rotten tomatoes doesn't equal good, just inoffensive

source: all the hyped mediocre movies on there

(You)
I had to stop at TFA because I couldn't believe what I was reading. Imagine his praise for capeshit

>TFA a space odyssey
>GOTG2 not being a cheesy space B movie
>remakes are good because I remember!

I really like Dennis as a director and want this to be good but seeing this movie get raving reviews from THESE people are why I'm so hesitant now.

Why does Sup Forums have this retarded tendency to cherrypick a handful of reviewers or tweets they don't like, and then assert "SEE ALL FANS OF THIS MOVIE ARE X". That's not how representative trends or sampling work

Because they're contarians and can't handle the fact that they were wrong AGAIN, even though they're wrong 98% of the time.

DUDE ignore the reviewers and check out that epix high tomato score and grab some popcorn for happy movie buff times LMAO

comparison

>Sup Forums damage controlling this hard
Confirmed kino

It's almost like 30 years has passed in the world of blade runner and things look cleaner and more modern

Yeah this is pretty embarrassing

The guy you're replying to is literally one of those marvel vs dc spammers. Do you really expect someone like that to dicuss films?

I'm not saying the original looks better or worse. I'm saying 2049 has some great shots, and those are just from the trailer.

>everything is simple, bland, and over-saturated (orange fucking everywhere)

>each frame has depth; looks like the creators actually cared about thier work

>everything is simple, bland, and over-saturated (orange fucking everywhere)
really orange
this is just the trailer and Fury Road pulled it off well with this level of orange. What color do you suppose they should've pickd for a sandy wasteland, green?

>each frame has depth; looks like the creators actually cared about thier work
There isn't as much literal junk and rubbish in the shots, not shot on film. Less grit because of the setting change.

This is just the trailer though they have probably saved the best shots for the movie

>its got a high score on RT!

Maybe that's the fucking point? To make a contrast with the original which was densely populated and gritty/dirty, while here everything is completely empty and sterile after 30 years have passed?

I'm just saying, there's lots of orange and not much else in those shots. Every frame in that pic is very simple with 1 or 2 colors and not much else besides the actors or a couple statues. The original blade runner has way more going on in each scene/frame, like more "clutter" that makes the world seem habitable and not sterile and boring.

This is a bigger issue though and not neccessarily something special about this film. All modern film is becoming sterile, oversaturated with orange/blue, and the sets are barebones with after effects added in later, so everything just seems empty.

Convenient point if that's the case; makes for an easy film to set up with no work put into building the world.

I get what you mean about the barebones sets, the lighting in some of the shots is great but there is overeliance on color but i don't think the setting calls for clutter, i'm not sure what else i would add in some scenes

>Fury Road pulled it off well with this level of orange
The black and white version made it watchable imo.I also preferred the VFXless version of night, but I get why it had to be done this way.

top kinda looks like a 80s movie

idk it might be too brownish and grey but goddammit that orange one is atrocious, the car feels superimposed

>that autists making screencaps of previous ratings of every critic to discredit them
Pathetic even for Sup Forums standards

This looks noirish than the new movie.

>cleaner and more modern
That's like the exact opposite of cyberpunk aesthetics though

This.

There's a good squirtgun that you can spray.

Doesn't mean too much but Letterboxd reviews (who I trust more than (((critics))) are positively glowing. Even IT didn't get this kind of reception early on.

If you say so Mr Bay

incorrect