Evil Dead

Just marathoned the three Evil Dead films for the first time and I had a great time. I love how different they are from eachother while still being very entertaining in their own ways. I laughed my ass off at the hand scene in the second one.

What's your opinion on them Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

evildead.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-818793),
evildead.wikia.com/wiki/Freddy_vs._Jason_vs._Ash
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Tfw just made an Evil Dead thread and this appears.
Damn it all.

if your gonna marathon stuff maybe set up a stream so we can hang out

I'll think about it in the future. I didn't really plan on marathoning it tonight though, I just watched the first one on my own and wanted to keep going.

One has a special place in my heart, but Two is the best out of the three, and the remake isn't bad like every one made it out to be. Its just typical knee jerk Sup Forums hate. You should see the autistic spurging when you mention Freddy vs Jason vs Ash in horror threads.

Are any of the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness comics any good?

There's so damn many of them...

>You should see the autistic spurging when you mention Freddy vs Jason vs Ash in horror threads.
Sounds utterly hilarious, user.

>crams films together with no time for reflection

generation pleb. why dont you just watch everything on 1.5x while youre at it? youre just wasting your time here anyways...

>Are any of the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness comics any good?
Most of them are. They don't suffer from most of the faults that most other big comic series (Buffy) have, and do a good job of expanding the world and lore of the series.

why is someone pouring milk on his face?

Half of them don't even interconnect. Or they pull that multiverse card, I love the marvel zombies and the FvJvA. The funny thing about the Freddy vs Jason vs Ash was they entertained the idea of a movie but the legal problems just kept stacking up before they even wrote word one.

Watching 2 and Army of Darkness back to back is honestly one of my favorite movie watching experiences ever. I had seen the first one and enjoyed it enough, just thought it was a charming little low budget horror move that happened to get a cult following, and I assumed the sequels would be in line with that.

Then I get to Evil Dead 2, and the way it gradually got more and more absurd was just incredible. That ultimate realization (probably from the "groovy" line") that they're just fucking about and it's basically a comedy had me dying. And then of course Army of Darkness just straight up abandons any pretenses of it being a real horror film and is full on self aware action comedy schlock. It was just so unexpected and I loved it.

>Half of them don't even interconnect. Or they pull that multiverse card
Well yeah, of course they'd pill the multiverse card. It's the only way that an alien insect Ash could even work. Besides, I think it was stated that the Deadites and their Dark One masters remain the same in every universe.

Its not clear what universe FvJvA is, I'm guessing its the either that F13, NoES, and ED universe are the same since we see the necronomicon and Freddy in part 9. But Ash never brings up that he went up against a rage zombie and nightmare wraith that have highest body counts out of anything he has ever faced in the tv show so who knows.

>But Ash never brings up that he went up against a rage zombie and nightmare wraith that have highest body counts out of anything he has ever faced in the tv show so who knows.
Ash doesn't bring up lot off the things he's faced. Probably doesn't want to linger to long on the thought of those things much.

>ts not clear what universe FvJvA is
That takes place in a universe called Earth-818793 (evildead.wikia.com/wiki/Earth-818793), the big difference between 818793 and the movies/tv show is Ash went to the cabin in 2004-ish instead of 1982 (as Ash Vs Evil Dead states).

Earth-818793 is also where a shit-ton of other Dynamite comics besides Army of Darkness take place, like Red Sonja, The Shadow, Green Hornet, Lone Ranger, Vampirella, Sherlock Holmes, Alan Quartermain, H.P. Lovecraft (like Cthulhu and Re-Animator), Dorian Gray, Xena, Hack/Slash, Freddy Krueger, Jason Voorhees... a lot of other characters is what i'm trying to say.

>Earth-818793
evildead.wikia.com/wiki/Freddy_vs._Jason_vs._Ash This says its a direct sequel to the trilogy and the Freddy vs Jason movie. The universe you linked is Ashes to Ashes and Ash vs Marvel zombies.

Disregard that I read that last bit at the end.

Well, the events of the Evil Dead trilogy did happen (sorta) the same way we saw in the films. But that page was written before everything on that Wikia was separated by which continuity it goes in.

>Are any of the Evil Dead/Army of Darkness comics any good? There's so damn many of them...
Here's my recommended reading list from last night's thread:
>Dark Horse's Army of Darkness #1-3 (from 1992)
>Dark Horse's The Evil Dead #1-4 (from 2008)
>Dynamite's Ash And The Army of Darkness #1-8 (from 2013)
>Dynamite's Army of Darkness: Ash Gets Hitched #1-4 (comes after Ash And The AOD)
>Space Goat's Evil Dead 2: Beyond Dead By Dawn #1-3
>Space Goat's Evil Dead 2: Cradle of The Damned #1-3
>Space Goat's Evil Dead 2: Dark Ones Rising #1-3