Underrated Comedies

Some user recommended this the other day and I checked it out. Great fucking movie. It's like a spoof of Indiana Jones, Bridge On the River Kwai, Lawrence of Arabia and other "exotic epics" like that.

Production value is surprisingly good, and the humor doesn't feel outdated, I laughed a lot

Post more overlooked/forgotten comfy comedies

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5uOBF6r040U
youtube.com/watch?v=af9N7UhTMA8
youtube.com/watch?v=Fab89eIgswc
youtube.com/watch?v=bbhO8U-3JMM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If Nothing But Trouble was released in 2005 it would have been a huge success.

Volunteers is a cool movie.

Watch Bachelor Party and The Money Pit if you haven't.

Will check it out, thanks

The Money Pit was OK, I'll look into Bachelor Party as well

Here's another good one to keep the thread going. For some reason it never gets mentioned as one of Eddie Murphy's best, but IMO it's right up there with Coming to America and Trading Places

I've always been a huge fan of this little known kino called Joe vs the Volcano

look up nothing about it and watch it. You will love it.

I remember Harlem Nights getting mercilessly panned when it got released
Oh! Is this that foreign movies about the last 2 men on earth run by women? Cool movie
I found both of them ok but they just seem to run out of steam in the second half of both movies. I was waiting for the jokes to make me laugh but it got less funnier as either film went on

The poster really undersells it, but it's a lot of fun.

Excellent taste. One of my all time favorite movies

Going to recommend Welcome To Woop Woop, which is in a similar vein albeit darker.

gave me nightmares as a kid

how's that lady holding her beverage?

humpty hump is really terrifying

The straw is obviously just dangling out of her mouth

I hadn't even heard of this one, so I went in with no expectations and ended up liking it. It's a shame Moranis stopped doing movies.

Why do you like it? I watched it and thought it was terrible. It's one of the only movies that I struggled to finish watching because I was hoping it would get better.

looks comfy op downloading now

The obvious two are Caddyshack and Blues Brothers, even though I'd hardly say they're overlooked.

So I'll go ahead and just basically say anything with John Candy in it is what you're looking for, really.

Her tits

its based on their old sctv skits. i love how it starts with a shitty movie they'd actually make and the audience rioting
>i spent most of my time looking for beer
>hey they're giving away refunds! get em

Americathon

True Kino

>Dane Cook

What About Bob?
The Burbs
Three Amigos
Summer School
See No Evil Hear No Evil
Innerspace

That's how it felt when it was new.
I swear people are joking when they say they like this.

I miss the days of painted movie posters.

no it's not
the "le scott pilrim" style is cringe
and all the jokes fucking suck
the only good part was when it all tied together at the end, but that's like 5 minutes of the movie

I refuse to believe that people like it since there are no redeemable qualities in it. It's not funny and characters just do stuff without any motivation like Chevy Chase tries to outrun the police in the beginning because someone tells him to.

Every thing about this looks horrible.

youtube.com/watch?v=5uOBF6r040U

I like the jokes, Ackroyd is safely in his wheelhouse of creating an elaborate, imaginative universe that has rules and internal consistency, Chevy still thinks he's a Harrison Ford leading man type and Prime Demi Moore.

>gets trips
>can't enjoy the hot dog scene
You have to be over 18 to post here. This is the kind of cringe humor that the Judd Apatow crowd wishes they could create.

Tell me, why does he wear the nose?

>Chevy Chase clearly doesn't want to be there
>Disgusting to the point of unpleasantness with no comedic value
>Slow as fuck pacing

This movie is fucking terrible, worth a watch for trainwreck appeal but that's about it

the shotgun thru the stomach scene freaked 11 year old me the fuck out

yes.

This is a significant movie. No one forgets it.

When old Dan Akoryd eats the hotdog and has a penis nose always makes me laugh

Because it smells like Sao Paulo?

What? Come on, he panicked. It's one of those movies you just have to accept for the pure craziness, like pic related. But I bet you don't like that either.

Money Pit, Airplane!, Airplane 2, Office Space

Not another Teen Movie

I thought Mom and Dad Save the World was fine. The jokes were funny and it gets pretty batshit insane. I found barely any jokes in Nothing But Trouble funny and characters like the mutated twins were just annoying.

>Canadian Darth Vader
We watched this in my high school English class of all places. Was a great movie and our teacher was based.

youtube.com/watch?v=af9N7UhTMA8

This
I literally couldn't stop laughing that wheelchair scene

The Wrong Guy is pretty good and I never hear it talked about.

youtube.com/watch?v=Fab89eIgswc

>oh I like Dave Foley and I've never heard of it
>Fuck he posted the whole movie

damn I haven't seen any of those three in ages. hanks was in some pretty comfy comedies in his day. all those are excellent.

>up the butt with a coconut
seen this many many times. murray, quaid and robards are particularly good in this.

I'll admit the main reason NBT appeals to me is for the junk kino. I've seen way more uneven and stupid comedies that people rave about though.

literally no one has seen this

Shit, this was the movie I was trying to think of the other day. For some reason I confused this with Joe versus the Volcano.

The Gods must be Crazy I+II are real comfy comedies with some great set piece slapstick

Muh Nigga

>Airplane!

Underrated?!?

What the fuck?

My 80's Kino list...

The Burbs-- Period!

Stripes. Pure gold.

Down in Out In Beverly Hills. Under-rated.

Cadence and Men At Work. Charlie Sheen pre aids awesomeness!

Amazon Women On The Moon. Try and dig up the extended cut.

Bachelor Party. I miss the best Tom Hanks. he was the Jim Carey of the 80's for a few minutes.

Revenge Of The Nerds.

Vacation.

Ghostbusters.

Trading Places.

Spies Like Us.

Into The Night. (The most under rated 80's movies pretty much ever next to the Burbs)

That is all.

Since I've only complained about how bad Nothing But Trouble is in this thread, I'm going to suggest some overlooked comedies. 1/4

2/4

3/4

Hey man, I understand why you wouldn't like NBT, it's loud and gross. What do you think about Quick Change?

4/4

>remember liking Revengo of the Nerds from watching it on Comedy Central as a kid
>watch it again recently
>the protagonist flat out rapes a girl
>not only is he not punished at all she falls in love with him for it

The 80's sucked

>don't talk to me or my wife's son ever again, the movie
Not a shocker you'd like it.

I've wanted to watch it for years but have never found a copy of it

Is this the movie that had an abusive father(?) who was watching cowboy movies all the time?

9/10
10/10
7/10
now going on my watchlist because you have good taste desu

You fucking suck. What a little bitch.

Watch the original Swept Away.

i'm not sure what you're asking, but no

You're thinking of Running Scared, also a good one

Same kinda shit happened to me at 11, I really had no idea how people could make fun of Baron Trump freaking out about his dads severed head, because I freaked out at worse special effects in 80s movies at 11.

To be fair it was liberals and niggers but still.

I don’t even know why I like this so much

>wheelchair scene
elaborate

youtube.com/watch?v=bbhO8U-3JMM

I thought of this movie when I saw the beginning of the Dark Knight.

did they just want to get 2 movies out of the Addams Family sets or something

that last battle was nuts.

Seconding this.
Notice the guy that doesn't know what capital letters are is the one who hates it.

Underrated thread for sure (pic related is underrated french miso kino).

It has its moments. It never gets talked about because the studio basically sat on it for years and put it out with no promotion.

But it was on Netflix years ago.

It's both shitty yet incredibly endearing at the same time. It's like they had a check list of sci fi shit they had to cover and threw it in the movie,

Yeah the funhouse scene is really bizarre.

I think the writer's intention was she's shocked at first that it wasn't her Chad BF. But then consents because of the boldness of the nerd in question. But the film makes it look like rape.

>if everybody had a 12 gauge....and a surfboard toooooooooo!