Settle it, Sup Forums

Settle it, Sup Forums.

What is the definitive version of this?

Original, directors cut, workprint, final cut, or one of the others?

Sup Forums tells me final cut

the one with both the voiceovers and the unicorn scene is the meme version

If you're going to have it playing as background while you do something else, go theatrical. If you're going to sit and watch carefully, go final.

directors >> final >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

why bother? the new one will be better anyway

>Being this much of a pleb

What are the differences in the cuts? Anything significant?

the unicorn scene

RLM told me I wasn't allowed to like this film, I hoping they let me like the new one so I can finally talk about it. The first used to be one of my favorites until Jay pointed out everything wrong with it.

final

voiceovers are out of a place in what is absolutely not a pulpy narrative

>what is absolutely not a pulpy narrative
All due respect, you're dead wrong on this point.

Blade Runner is literally the definitive movie of the "sci-fi noir" genre

don't know if the format will translate

1. us theatrical cut 1982
2. international theatrical cut 1982
3. director's cut 1992
4. final cut 2007

added violence nose = when pris fights deckard, she puts her fingers in his nostrils and forces head up

added violence eyes = when batty gouges tyrell's eyes with his thumbs when he squeezes his head

fucker = batty says "i want more life fucker" instead of "i want more life father" before he squeezes his head

voice over added violence fucker unicorn happy ending
eyes nose
1. yes no no yes no yes
2. yes yes yes yes no yes
3. no no no yes yes no
4. no yes yes no yes no

1. us theatrical cut 1982
voice over, fucker, happy ending

2. international theatrical cut 1982
voice over, eyes, nose, fucker, happy ending

3. director's cut 1992
fucker, unicorn

4. final cut 2007
eyes, nose, unicorn

eyes = Batty's thumbs in Tyrell's eyes
nose = Pris' fingers in Deckard's nose
fucker = Batty calling Tyrell fucker as opposed to father
unicorn = Deckard's unicorn dream sequence while at piano

based theatrical cut
Ridley BTFO

>fucker = batty says "i want more life fucker" instead of "i want more life father" before he squeezes his head
That sounds awful, really undermines the whole moment

Millennial or gen z here. I'm 19.

I think the film is really overrated. There's definitely tons of nostalgia involved when people talk about it. It's good but not that good. it's not thought provoking or anything.

and in the cut that I watched, they made it crystal clear that Deckard was a replicant, but I wasn't getting that vibe from the overall film whatsoever.

>they made it crystal clear that Deckard was a replicant
final cut probably. Scott didn't understand the film at all and insisted he was a replicant and forced in stupid scenes and that gay unicorn scene.

Fucking Ridley Scott
Why are there so many differnt fucking cuts of this film?! For fuck's sake
I saw director's cut almost ten years ago and liked it but I need to watch it again and don't know if I can be fucked with it knowing all this shit

final

no its amazing what ever your age

Blade Runner, the Street Fighter 2 of science fiction movies.

I mean does it even make sense? I thought one of the main themes was how the replicants were becoming more human while the humans were becoming more mechanical. Why would you even need to make a replicant to hunt replicants? And one that seemed to be absolutely inferior to them physically.

>I mean does it even make sense?
No, hence why I said Scott doesn't understand what the fuck he was doing. Philip K Dick, everyone that worked on set, screenwriters, etc. all disagree with Scott and making him a replicant is retarded.

>There's definitely tons of nostalgia involved when people talk about it.
I watched it (final cut) for the first time when I was about 22, which was 8 years ago, and I fell in love with it. I'd never seen anything like it before, and I think that's why so many people love it, it's very unique. Watching it isn't really like watching a movie, it's like having a more abstract, aesthetic experience. The only other movies I've seen that give a similar experience are 2001, Solaris, and probably Ghost in the Shell (the original anime film)

>It's good but not that good. it's not thought provoking or anything.
If you didn't find it thought provoking then you just aren't a very deep thinker. Most people aren't, so it's not surprising.

The studio interfered a lot. For good and bad reasons. But Scott was so butthurt Deckard wasn't obviously a replicant he kept trying to make better cuts and the studio wouldn't let him because

>If you didn't find it thought provoking then you just aren't a very deep thinker. Most people aren't, so it's not surprising.
rick and morty fans pls leave

>Blade Runner, the Street Fighter 2 of science fiction movies.
Explain this to me I dont frequent Sup Forums

Holy shit you guys are plebs
>finding out you might be the same type of thing you've hunted for years
>finding out you might not be human
>wondering whether it even matters since you've always thought you were human
It's a very obvious multi-faceted existential issue and the fact that you couldn't see that shows how dense you are

You gotta watch theatrical, directors and final

Final is my favorite but digital trickery is disingenuous to the original film, and most don't like Scott's interpretation.

They both have many versions.

No amount of edits can fix the tremendously bland script and phoned-in performances. If it was edited down to a short-subject montage of gorgeous effects shots it would still be better.

loved it

I even got pic related framed and put on my bedroom wall

Watch the final cut and then if you like it watch the others including the weird version made of deleted scenes and alternate takes

>nostalgia for a movie literally no one saw when it came out
It wasnt suppose to be thought provoking, its just a well fleshed out world, its a spectacle. Especially knowing that it was all models.

I think people go into blade runner thinking it is some philosophical sci fi "What does it mean to be human?" movie. but its not. its just about how replicants are inhuman and lack empathy, and leads up to what seems to be deckards death at the hands of a replicant before it, instead saves his life before dying. transcending what it was thought capable of.
Its a slow movie, sure and that can make it boring but otherwise its a great spectacle with a satisfying ending. pretty solid movie

I saw the director's cut when I was 18, in 2012. Not many people here were watching movies in the 80's.

It's neo-noir, I felt like the atmosphere was good. I didn't think it was thought provoking and you're a fucking moron if you expect that out of a movie.
I read the book too, which also wasn't thought provoking.

There's no nostalgia for this movie since most people didn't like it when it came out, it was not very popular or well received at the time. It became more popular later in the 90's. Also, saying something is overrated is a fucking useless statement. If you didn't like it, fine, but saying other people are wrong for liking it just because you didn't is incredibly idiotic. Aesthetically the movie is incredible to look at, the music is great, and the story/characters are compelling. Saying something is thought-provoking is fucking idiotic too. Thoughts are internal, you can interpret a movie or work however you will (for example you could find meaning in an episode of the teletubbies and that would make the episode "thought-provoking").

nah senpai it's more about how as technology increases humans lose their humanity. The humans in blade runner don't know what it is to be human any more, they value nothing, least of all their life, whereas the robuts only care is life, and truly living, not being slaves and wanting to see the beauty of the world. The robuts have become more human than humans. It's much deeper than lol imagine a ropbut who thinks he's human going around killing robuts wouldn't that be epic!! BRAVO SCOTT!

I love all versions of this Warner Bros. film.

it's both. existential angst; and depleted humanity in those who created technology juxtaposed with increased humanity in the technology created are three dimensions of a grander philosophical impasse