Why was he outside in the rain? Where are his parents?

Why was he outside in the rain? Where are his parents?

Why didn’t he just stay inside and play his Nintendo with Bill?

Nintendos didn't exist in the 60s

This is the late 80

He wanted to play with his new boat.

>Kids born after 2000 like OP don't remember when kids were allowed to play outside

>He never played outside in the rain as a kid
lol

>Why was he outside in the rain? Where are his parents?

This kind of helicopter parenting is bullshit.

The best childhoods are the ones where children have the freedom to ride their bikes around and explore outside and don't have neurotic controlling adults dictating and scheduling their every activity.

>without parent supervision

If my town had a majority of child murders, I would watch my kid

In the comics the power was out and Georgie was autistic.

So the best childhoods are how Paradise Lost: The Child Murders of Robin Hood Hills happened.

>he had parent supervision whenever he played outside

Sheltered murriburgers, get the fuck out

>mfw had to stay inside anytime it rained.

Fuck, it seems weird now that i think about it. My parents were serious about it.

Well, looks like you weren’t loved as a kid

Just going to mention, that thanks to Georgie playing in the rain and getting lured in by IT to be eaten, the shattered remnants of his soul are now floating in maddened delirium with IT's Deadlights. For all eternity.

Three amount of rain they shown made it look like they were about to get a flood. There's a huge difference between playing in the rain during a small shower and a huge storm.

Why do you think he was playing with a boat you idiot

I thought the same thing, even the first time I saw the mini series. I don't care if it was set in the 50's, 60's, 70's or 80's, no parent let their kid go outside without at least some sort of group system. A friend, multiple friends, or a sibling. It was bad parenting.

That doesn't change the fact that any responsible parent would stop Georgie from playing outside unsupervised during a flood.

80s.
And if you watched, Georgie slipped out with Bill looking out as the mother was busy on the piano.

my parents let me walk to the park today all by myself so you are wrong

That was a rich neighborhood. It was peaceful.

where you that retarded kid who had a babysitter until he was 15?

The entire adult population of Derry has Pennywise's mist clouding their judgment and making them unapproachable and ignorant. That's why the pharmacist was being all creepy towards Beverly and why the adults, including Eddie's mom and Bev's dad, didn't seem to notice all the violence.

Back in the day kids would just wonder around neighborhoods, explore and grow. Back when the crime rate was non-existent in white cities and towns due to a lack of diversity.

Instead now kids sit in front of a screen in their house or have supervised visits in a room with a screen.

most parents didn't let their kids play videogames in the 80's

Someone said in the book he was not pulled into the storm drain, and neighbors found him bleeding out with one arm missing. What the hell did they think happened?

>georgie hits his head on the warning signs
>suffers a concussion
>wanders into the drain and ends up in the sewers
>dies

Was muschettie paying homage to that random ass fan theory that IT didn't exist at all and it was just a town full of shitty rednecks?

WELL, THATS JUST SHITTY PARENTING

Were you the kid that got raped repeatedly by strangers because you were playing in the streets by yourself?

Lmao enjoy being a dependant cuckold for life

All the adults in that movie are creepy as hell if you think about it.