‘The Nice Guys’ Female Series Reboot ‘The Nice Girls’ Set At Fox With Penalty

deadline.com/2017/09/the-nice-guys-female-series-reboot-the-nice-girls-fox-joel-silver-1202178759/

This is so weird. I enjoyed The Nice Guys and it was well received by the critics, but it did not do well in the box office. How are they justifying making this? Do you think some rich person really liked The Nice Guys and is funding this themselves?

That said, I can't say I'm too keen on the way they're handling this reboot. Nothing against the female protagonist idea, and a TV series is a good format for the premise, but the whole reason I watched The Nice Guys was because it had Ryan Gosling in it, so if he's gone, what's the point? And apparently they're giving it a modern setting so it won't even have the awesome 70s aesthetic of the film.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WJUES1SIvzw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

is it even a reboot if they change all that shit?

or is hollywood so scared of new ideas that it'll call something a reboot just to feel safe?

I mean, it's literally called "The Nice Girls." So I think it's fair to call it a reboot when it's technically in the same series.

>It's just like The Nice Guys except the story, setting, and characters are different

perfect flick to vaginize. the original was trash but if they get some quality female actresses like amy shumer and mellisa mcarthy they'll be sure to queef it into glory.

I'd be offended if I was a woman.

I was about to insult you but then I realized your post was satire. Close call.

That said, who do you guys think they should actually get?

it seems backwards to me. if i had to guess how this happened, i'd wager that they produced a show about two female detectives in modern times and when the wondered what to call it they just went with the nice girls and made it a "reboot" after the fact.

otherwise why reboot a two year old movie that few people remember?

Literally this jesus christ.

You know, that actually makes sense. Seen it happen with a few things. I guess if they have the rights to an IP, even one that didn't do all that great, it's generally more profitable than making it an all new IP.

It's about Goose's daughter after she grows up. That's why it's in present day instead of the 70s.

I can't wait until they do an all female remake of no country for old men and call it no country for white males

The entire glory and point and meaning of the Nice Guys was that someone in Hollywood still knew how to make a movie, and specifically a masculine and non-PC movie. Unless this is just the dead hand of feminism robotically ruining something guys enjoyed, a "Nice Girls" would have to require a complete reconceptualization. It would share nothing with its host product.

This is actually why every single movie nowadays is a reboot or derivation or sequel or prequel.

Oh shit. That would actually be kino.

Why are they calling it a "series" when it was one movie?

satire but probably close to what it will end up being. Why not those 2? They're "funny" as fuck

wouldn't she be pushing 50 by now?

It's gotten ridiculous at this point. Spinoff solo movies for random comic book villains that don't logical WORK solo, like Venom. I really want some of these to get trailers so I can get some idea of what the fuck they're trying to pull.

Seriously, dude? Because it's a reboot as a TV series.

>specifically a masculine and non-PC movie.
>masculine
>Goose is emasculated constantly throughout the movie
>non-PC
>pushes the Jewish conspiracy theory that Hitler was following orders from the Knights Templar

Because one of them needs to be black and the other needs to be Muslim. Obviously. Think, man.

>"DUDE WE'RE REMAKING YET ANOTHER BELOVED MOVIE INTO A BLAND FORGETTABLE TV-SHOW WITH DIFFERENT ACTORS, STORY AND SETTING. SURELY IT WILL BE A GREAT SUCCESS AS A RUSH HOUR, TRAINING DAY AND THE MIST

i dont know, that sounds annoying.

What the fuck?

The Nice Guys, although a fantastic noir crime comedy, isn't exactly a distinct plot with its own unique premise that deserves a reboot. Its just a typical crime mystery detective movie. The ONLY thing that separates it from the common movie is the writing and the two main leads. But otherwise you wouldn't be able to pick out its premise from a line up of ten other similar movies. So whats the point of remaking it?

I thought The Mist actually was a success. Moreso than the movie, anyway. Like seriously, did you just call The Mist a beloved movie? What the fuck?

What makes Nice Guys distinct is that it's a modern throwback to classic 70s blaxploitation movies. Which for whatever fucking reason, they are getting rid of in this reboot.

Seriously, check out how they advertised it:
youtube.com/watch?v=WJUES1SIvzw

looking for vehicles to cram women in, gotta capitalize on the female empowerment meme

Oh no how dare they sully this revered classic cinematic masterpiece with a cynical cash-grab sequel
Who fucking cares

Why?

The best thing about the original was that chemistry between Ryan and Russell.

Inb4 the reboot is Ryan and Russell wearing wigs and lipstick.

But, why?

>I thought The Mist actually was a success.
That's why it got cancelled after one season, yeah?

>yeah?
Yeah, I too can respond to only part of a post like they do on that website while neglecting the rest of it.

>Ryan and Russell wearing wigs and lipstick
This would actually be entertaining, so it will never happen.

does hollywood just want to watch the world burn?

>I'm a fucking faggot.
Yeah?

how are they going to make money if the world is burning

>I'm a fucking faggot
You said it!

Trump seems to be doing pretty well.

You are confused. Non-PC doesn't mean the characters are male Mary Sues. The complexity of it, the fact that he is often stumbling into the answer, but also that he's not totally hapless and regularly figures things out, is the best part.

I don't understand how politics remotely relates to any of this. Do you mean "non personal computer"? It's true, there were no PCs in the 70s.

>it's a reboot but we're actually changing everything about it.

Isn't that literally what reboot means, you moron?

Main question OP, who is the writer?

This is not shopped.

Is it so hard to read the article?
>The Nice Girls will be written by Michael Diliberti, who wrote 30 Minutes or Less for Sony/Columbia.

desu I would love a new action series with hot female leads. Unironically need more of them.

no, moron

Loved the movie. If the series is half as good I'd definitely check it out

Sorry, I meant Mormon.

What if we made 21 Jump Street only with women and we called it 21 Cunt Street?
- some studio Jew, probably

imagine them trying to pitch this shit
>"listen I know its gonna be a huge loss, but imagine how bad you'd be sticking it to the alt right"

>The black woman they're pitching it to nods thoughtfully.
>"We'll take it."

Japan does genderswaps all the time and nobody minds because it's fucking hot.

Why do people get so mad when Hollywood does it?