Why the hell did they just build one new trade tower instead of two?

Why the hell did they just build one new trade tower instead of two?
Twin freedom towers would look so much better.
Sad!

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutalist_architecture
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's symbolic

It's easier to explain one building collapsing than two at the same time.

I agree.

Also, they should have aimed for something higher.

I mean, what better symbol than rebuilding it as the tallest building in the world ?

A sign of the times, really. The government has less money to spend on demolition equipment.

Also true, but I can see where that gets obnoxiously tall even by NYC standards. IDK what to feel about the whole 1776 ft thing 2bh.

Topkek

Kinda surprised they weren't rebuilt desu

They should have just rebuilt an exact replica of the buildings that were destroyed, maybe making them one story taller. The symbolism would be way better.

They are building a second tower. Look up the new 2 WTC. Not gonna be finished for a long time though.

ha

the way the freedom tower is designed its taking the two original towers sticking them inside each other twisting one of them 45 degrees and shaving off the excess edges.

tl:dr like fp said its symbolic

UNDERRATED

they should of never knocked them down in the first place 2bh op

Oh baby a triple!

They were ugly as fuck, let's be honest

Muzzies did a huge favor for NYs skyline

I don't want to sound edgy, but you're absolutely right.

I don't know what happened to architecture, but around the 60s or so, american architecture went to shit. There used to be beautiful and decorative skyscrapers being built, but then after the mid-century, everything just became this post-modern bullshit where all the buildings are just fucking plain solid rectangles.

Hell, even the freedom tower is just a big blank cute but with the corners shaved off at an angle. I'm fucking tired of this post-modern bullshit where everything has to look like a monolith or obelisk.

I guarantee the jews are behind it, tbhfam

Oh man, it's fuckugly.

wtf they were fucking great and i am not joking.

Have you seen either the old WTC or new one in person? Both were/are very impressive outside photography I assure you. The new one is even better, makes me wish there were 2 like the OP pic every time I see it.

Take them all out with 1 (one) plane.

They should have built two buildings, identical design on the outside, but a story higher, as a Fuck you to Muslims.

Yes, I have seen both the old towers and the new one in person.

you're only impressed by the size. Not the actual design. They were literally two rectangles. Stuff like the chrysler building looks much fucking cooler. It looks like an actual piece of architecture rather than a solid slab

Why the Fuck is it so ugly? Build just like the other new one, so it's like the originals

desu they didn't want to build even that one.

I kind of liked how they looked when lit up, and the communications tower and forest of repeaters on one of them looked great.

I agree. I thought they looked great. Just simple, beautiful in the accomplishment of being the world's tales buildings. No over styling needed

That graph

>if there were no religion

>all the buildings are just solid plain rectangles
That's modern architecture. Post-modern is when you add all the arches, circles, and weird angles to the rectangles.

You gotta admit though, the original WTC worked in such a way that they symmetry of the towers resonated across the whole skyline. I find it quite beautiful.

they probably have problem with renting it out, i mean the biggest renter is the goverment

This
Everything built after 1960 looks like shit. Here in Brazil, all the goddamn buildings look like huge cement blocks with awkward colours and ugly windows.

Look at the Chrysler building. The Guardians of Traffic in Columbus. Even Cristo Redentor
Moving away from Futurism and Art Deco was a mistake.

I also blame the Jews tbvqhwymym8

I used to play flight simulator 98 and crash into the twin towers with that boeing every time i played right after.

They are literally rectangles. Not pretty rectangles, just tiny windowed, grey cement blocks

Simply awful

>Implying religion didn't contribute to modern civilization

Symbolic of their new one world government.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brutalist_architecture

huh.... really makes you think.....

And build them with the same shitty engineering standards? The dumb things got hit with a light twin and fell apart.

Literally communist architecture made to look depressing

Look at this crap

I'd absolutely kill myself if I lived in one if these commie blocks
Probably would shoot the architect too

I liked this quote from the wiki page
>"You have to give this much to the Luftwaffe", said Prince Charles at the Corporation of London Planning and Communication Committee's annual dinner in December 1987, "When it knocked down our buildings, it didn't replace them with anything more offensive than rubble."

This tbqh; maybe it's just nostalgia, but I like the fluted upright design of the Original WTC. In any case the Aon Center in Chicago is close enough.

Of nothing good.

>Implying religion didn't contribute to modern civilization

It's 15 years into the future, I think standards might be a little better now.

45 really, given that the Twin Towers were completed in the early 1970s.

An excellent point

Bet you've never even seen them in person you fucking monkey. Two massive steel and concrete behemoths that acted as dual middle fingers to the rest of the world. A mind as small as yours wouldn't be able to comprehend.
Fuck this generic glass tower. Looks like it belongs in some dirty chink city like Hong Kong or Shanghai.

>Boeing 767
>"light"

it's 200 tons of metal and jet fuel hitting a building at 450 mph

Companies stopped owning buildings outright, now they lease them because that's cheaper. As monopolies were broken down through deregulation, corporations had to become leaner and more competitive. Owning their own facilities was the first to go as it's a huge capital cost.

>implying it did

If they stuck with the original it would have been better. What they eventually built is a lot less interesting.