Anybody watch this yet. Does it hold up to the previous shows

Anybody watch this yet. Does it hold up to the previous shows

I watched the first two episodes, they're fucking shit

The writing is bad, the characters are flat and boring and the cinematography is fucking terrible.

It's your typical space war drama show. Klingons vs Humans. And everything this user said is true.

They ditched the trek and made this one about wars.

the Cinematography is enough to make me puke

they managed to make Orville look better visually with almost no budget at all

How does Seth fucking MacFaggot actually make a better Trek show than the official trek show? Weird ass times we are living in.

seth Mcfuckass is a huge trek fan

he likes it enough to fail upwards at making a clone

also props for the physical model

It is unironically the worst pilot episode I've ever seen. I don't expect it to get a second season. What a misfire.

He helped get the Cosmos reboot made because he was a fan of the original, I wouldn't doubt that he's also a huge Trekkie.

No. It manages to be worse than Enterprise, which shouldn't be possible. Frankly, The Orville is a better Trek show.

That feel when you actually really liked enterprise and thought it was very fappable

Both Orville and STD are bad shows. Orville tries too hard to be TNG that it has nothing new to say, and STD tries too hard to be different that it forgot what a Star Trek show is like.

Because you're edgy contrarians.

>Unironically hating enterprise

why? season 3 was good, and 4 was fantastic

they had a few interesting episodes in the first two also

Liam Neeson was on the last Episode of The Orville. It was good. It wasn't great, but surprisingly good. The Orville keeps surprising us, which is why I think people are going to keep tuning in.

Yeah it's good, ignore the autistics on this board. They think Orville is a good show so they don't have any credibility.

I just watched the first 2 episodes. Short answer: No, it does not hold to the old shows.
It definetly is something else but still too early to tell if its going to be a decent show or a total disaster, I'll guess it'll probably have a mediocre run of a couple of seasons and then it'll fade into oblivion, doomed to be frowned upon like ST:E.

>Liam Neeson was on it so that mean it's good!
How much does Fox pay you this? Serious question.

t. never watched Star Trek. Only knows the memes and JJ Trek.

But it was actually good. That's the crazy thing. I thought I was going to hate this show because it was going to be over the top Seth Macfaggot comedy, but it turned out the show has heart. Feels like Trek. You don't have to get it, fuck, you don't have to agree, but that's just where I stand.

Didn't really feel like trek. I guess they are going after the jj trek audience.

Trek pilots have always been pretty meh, so I'll wait before judging it, but the first two episodes managed to only set up one character, who I disliked. The preview looked interesting, so I still have my hopes up that the cis white male captain can salvage this.

Nope. Generic space war show with lots of lens flare, unlikable characters and bad writing.

It's better than DS9 and TNG but thats not saying much

It's not Star Trek. Star Trek is about a bright future and exploring. STD is too dark. It looks good visually but the show itself is too dark. The Klingons are also shown to be way too 'simplistic' and the acting is meh.

Overall not worth seeing. The Orville is honestly better and closer to what Star Trek is. I get the feeling that the people behind STD wanted to make a dark space war tv show and just borrowed the brand of Star Trek fucking over the fan base.

Yeah this is also a problem. The main character - the black girl - was an asshole. Why should I care?

Seth wanted to, CBS didn't. Had they, they would have hired people who understand Star Trek. Now we're stuck with generic sci-fi about war and drama, not exploration, with the Trek name slapped on it.

It's by far the worst star trek pilot.

It's not about star trek, it's pure sjw propoganda

If you like that, you'll love it.

I think that there are some parts that are going to weight on because of the 'feminist' agenda, but to be very real about it... i did not see that much of an agenda, I mean the ending of the episode 2 is quite logical.

Another thing, the Klingons are pure gold
>get laser locked on
>klingons discuss
>"We mean peace"
>klingons go batshit crazy

I like these Giger's inspired armors.

>be black
>get put in jail
>escape using your vulcan brain parts
>nignog some more
>get in jail again, life sentence
>dindu my cap bad klingon war attac nigga