Everyone here is going to shit on this movie simply because too many people like it...

Everyone here is going to shit on this movie simply because too many people like it. They're going to complain that it's overrated, or doesn't deserve X Rotten Tomatoes score or whatever.

Objectively correct.

I want it to be good. I want to have my mind blown by a science-fiction masterpiece. If it is, though, it’s guaran-fucking-teed the only discussion you’ll EVER get here is shitty memes and people talking about how ((they)) are paying for reviews and how it’s half-hearted pale imitative trash.

I hate how this board reacts to success. All I can do is try to post well.

I haven't even seen it yet and it's already my favourite movie of all time. Ignore the haters. This movie is a big win for us!

I'll wait for /ourguy/'s review.

why does the girl have such an ugly haircut

Pretty much. This board hates everything and everyone wants to think they're better than everyone else.

What a shitty poster. I'm going to see the film sometime next week because I like my cyberpunk but jesus fuck that poster.

I'm here so I'm a part of "everyone here" and I won't shit on this movie based on its popularity. If I'll shit on it it will be for completely different reasons but I doubt I will because I like Villeneuve's work.

You have to go back
Unlike reddit, Sup Forums doesn't loathe success
That's why we like Cameron while reddit despises him
If Blade Runner 2049 turns out brilliant (which I highly doubt), Sup Forums will be ecstatic with happiness
>inb4 Sup Forums ain't one person
I'm talking about in general

99% of big budget movies for the last 20 years have been absolute shit so when a good one comes along I’m happy.

>Tfw watching the anime prequel to this
>"Do we go to heaven"
>mfw

Replicants have a hard life.

One thing is for sure, it couldn't possibly match up to your own perceived level of brilliance.

>That's why we like Cameron

people here are waiting for rlm to inevitably shit on it first for being too "dark" and "boring", before they start shitting on it.

Same

OP just thinks he's being smart by pre-emptively being a contrarian to the contrarians.

How about stop caring what other people think?

>I'll wait for /ourguy/'s review.
Word

This guy gets it. Sup Forums has always been about the correct well thought out opinion, only reddit election shitposter fucks think we're blatantly contrarian for the sake of it.

Don't forget people like me,
I'm going to justify it's existence no matter what

Hahaha fag

She's the weak element for me. Completely unremarkable female lead.

Sean Young was straight out of some kind of Art Deco futurist painting. And Daryl Hannah was a foundation cyber punk visual.

This new chick is blah/meh. She looks like an amalgam of other actresses rather than having her own unique look. She even looks like Rogue One Bunny there. She's visually and creatively on par with Ford's grey T-shirt.

>people don't like what I'm hyped for is being contrarian
This meme is getting a bit old if you ask me.

>Reddit despises Cameron
Since when?

Heheh. Motherfuckers always try to slip shit like that in.

One can admire JC's savvy, enormous skill-set and achievements, but still think he hasn't made a good movie in a long long time. And not because he can't, mind you, but because he's too cynical about audiences. The failure of The Abyss burned him too hard.

Also, he he's a cunt for never crediting his "creative sources". That's his one overtly exhibited public insecurity.

since some autist gathered a bunch of reddit posts predicting Force Awakens would surpass Avatar at the box office, because that's what passes for conclusive evidence on this shithole of a board

You can't help but admire how obviously he manipulates audiences for $

>original movie is good looking, fairly original and has an amazing atmosphere
>main character is a complete asshole
>tears in the rain establishes that the replicants are better then humans, something that has been buidling up to the whole movie

>new movie has handsome actor #3 as the good guy cop
>trailer looks like a standard buddy cop action flick

I really am hopeful but it just doesn't look good.

Sup Forums loves to forget Fury Road was a sequel to a much loved movie, had tons of orange, was loved by critics and also loved by Sup Forums.

They also forget Armond likes Villeneuve.

Watch for Disney drones they dont like that anything other than capeshit ise being discussed, big successes like these show that movies can still be art without quips and this hurts their market.

>disney drones argument
How to spot a shill folks, tired talking points are obvious. Think twice before doubling down and repeating yourself thinking i'm defending capeshit.

He never quoted you outed as a drone

>Standard buddy cop
There was no such thing in the trailer

I really like this image.

Then why are you still here?

>If you don't like douchebag contrarians why don't you just leave!
Seriously a few loud cunts ruin it for everyone.

i think we're just going to have to wait until Sup Forums sends in its reviews before we know whether or not Sup Forums can like it.

They'll make cherrypicked webms of out of context scenes with shit resolution with HAHAHAHAH I CANT BREATHE OH NONONO

Consider that most of these people are underage shitskins or Disney shills, and this is not a Disney movie

if you prefer the circlejerk you know where to go

>papers all saying "better than the original"

That's how I know it's awful m8

>Fury road was awful
Fuckinh pleb