i.4cdn.org/wsg/1506757870826.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=9ly35NQfZw8
youtube.com/watch?v=Bwxe3PvbdOA
youtube.com/watch?v=WrZnJN2ipog
youtube.com/watch?v=0kqIIyRG9Wo
youtu.be/aRWGQOIxxMY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

youtube.com/watch?v=f-BVPo4dR5M

The running sequence of Bimbo's Initiation and the entirety of Coal Black and de Sebben Dwarfs

Tom and Jerry won multiple Oscars, that's how kino the MGM shorts were. What animated shit these days could do that? The best might be Samurai Jack or Clone Wars and even though they're good they're not Oscar-good.

Steven universe and R&M

>"Thomas? Thomas! Now where dat damn cat be at?"
Some of them really show their age. Couldn't get away with this today. Showing Tom drinking and smoking probably wouldn't get past planning either.

youtube.com/watch?v=VDBybCNcAHU

they even smoked pipe

is tom an jerry the only cartoon that doesn't feel dated after decades and decades?

UNA VELA

>What animated shit these days could do that?
There's a designated Oscar specifically so that the academy can throw a bone to disney every year

i.4cdn.org/wsg/1506757870826.webm

whoa-ho-ho
did he just smoke weed? wtf

whoa, it was a different time

do you think the idea would even be allowed to be thought

youtube.com/watch?v=9ly35NQfZw8

Pure Clampettkino

IS YOU IS
OR IS YOU AINT
MY BABY

>American kids were watching this when my grandma had her house blown so she had to live in a hole in dirt to survive while literally eating grass
>My grandad worked his ass of 14 h a day since 6 years old in field for a bag of grains a year
Really gets my noggin joggin

Your grandma sounds like a fucking retard

Holy shit is this an old cartoons thread? Where do you guys land on Merry Melodies? Back in the Tex Avery days, before they became bastardized characters of themselves

KINO
I
N
O

sad times we live in lads
youtube.com/watch?v=Bwxe3PvbdOA

god.. I can't imagine the reviews today. today the episode would be bashed for "weakening" the female character as if her sole purpose is to be had by a male etc.

cancer.

@3:15
AYY'LLL BID TWEENTVVY
youtube.com/watch?v=WrZnJN2ipog

>Don't whip me master, don't whip this tired old body!

I would unironically pay for a channel that played nothing but wall-to-wall pre-60s cartoons

[hand rubbing intensifies]

what the heck? lmao what's with the old cartoons?

They didn't have to worry about triggering anyone

I'm glad they're coming back in style. They're easily some of the best classic American humor

>ywn see another cigarette on CN

it was a different time

Wasn't that basically what Boomerang was for a while?

I still love this show, but having to watch /ourguy/ Tom suffer each episode is painful.
That fucking mouse.

I also remember when I was young (90s) the Disney Channel used to show alot of the B&W Disney cartoons (even the un-PC ones). TCM also shows cartoons and non-PC older movies (like Road to Morocco) from time to time.

See the difference is they aren't trying to be offensive or going for shock humor. They knew their audience and told jokes to the people who loved them.

South Park knowingly and intentionally tries to be shocking and offensive in their depictions of characters, and doesn't use their design as a way to connect with their audience.

Now you could argue that South Park knows it's audience is vast and diverse, so it intentionally offends everyone so that everyone has someone to laugh at. In that sense the shows are similar.

You could also argue that no matter how you look at it a shucking and jiving mammy is straight up racist. That, I can also agree with. The thing is, at the time the audience had that public image of black people. It wasn't meant to be offensive to anyone, it was a way to connect with their audience and set theme.

South Park does this too, but does so in a way that is meant to offend. Early on in the show's running they didn't have politics driving their every season. It was about a bunch of kids getting into unbelievable adventures. The charicatures then were offensive, but they weren't done as a slight to anyone. They just added flavor to the story. In recent years this isn't the case. Everything they depict is so heated and pointed at everyone, meant to jab and "make you think". In reality they've gotten so good at insulting everyone that whatever new insight people think they got out of an episode is just your own thoughts parroted back to you in a funny way; both sides of the argument are presented and you get validation.

That's probably just another way for them to try to connect to their audience. it's a sad world when one of the most popular cartoons in the modern world connects to us by being vulgar. It's working for them, so that's a sign of the times too, and in that way I guess Pre-60s cartoons and South Park are Similar.
it was a different time, but we still connect in the same ways. It's a shame, cartoons used to be fun.

CUCARACHA

lmao, it was really a different time.

I'm daaancing. I'm daaaancing

youtube.com/watch?v=0kqIIyRG9Wo

good times, lads..

youtu.be/aRWGQOIxxMY

wew