Are there any modern comedies that even come close?

Are there any modern comedies that even come close?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JANcVXHqNTI
a.pomf.cat/czudxn.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=g0j2dVuhr6s
youtube.com/watch?v=FNkpIDBtC2c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

gag ones or just in general?

In general. Gag or not.

I watched this cuz my black friend said it was kino but I hardly laughed at all because it wasn't funny.

>Black friend said it was kino

Is he.... dare I say it.... our fly upright walking dude of color?

>tfw whitey tells me I'm very well spoken

Not really. Name another comedy movie that had the balls to have such blatant pedo jokes?

I consider Kung Pow, UHF, Holy Grail, Napoleon Dynamite, Men in Tights, Spinal Tap, and Tropic Thunder all on the same level as far as originality and content of jokes go, but half of those aren't from this century and/or have niche humor appeal.

Pretty much all of the good comedy these days is in anime and a few scraps in western cartoons.

Pretty common in anime. Dunno about movies, though.

>pedo jokes
>in airplane
Where?

This is why u white bois plebs need to be kill. That movie os fucking good, redditor.

Something along the lines of the pilot talking to a kid in the cockpit and saying
>So Jimmy, you ever seen a grown man naked?

I saw this on Reddit, too.

Then you need to take OP with you when you get the fuck out.

>Kung Pow
I agree with this one the most. Really smart and well produced and I still laugh every time I watch it. I have to pause just after the baby down the hill scene at the start every. fucking. time.

>UHF
Im embarrassed to say I've never seen this... guess I found something to do.

>Holy Grail
Eh, I respect it but I don't/can't laugh at it anymore. It's a one hit wonder that doesn't work on every joke.

>Napoleon Dynamite
Again, respect it for what it did for awkward/cringe humor, but its a one watch wonder for me.

>Men in Tights
I genuinely cannot get in to this movie, I don't find it very funny. It's been a few years though, maybe its time for a rewatch.

>Spinal Tap
Pretty solid, not Airplane! level comedy, but its charm and writing is great.

>Tropic Thunder
Probably the best modern comedy kin to Airplane!. I can watch this over and over and still get caught cracking the fuck up. and the fact that RD Jr. is high the entire time gets me too.

How do you feel about movies similar to Kung Pow like Shaolin Soccer and Kung Fu Hustle?

It'd be weird if a boy that age hadn't seen a grown man naked.

>have you ever seen a grown man naked?

Do you like Gladiator movies?

It'd be weird if a boy that age didn't.

>Kung pow is smart
C'mon now, i'm a bigger fan than the average Sup Forums user but it really isn't that smart at all.

Holy grail isn't even pythons best film, that would be life of brian for big laughs.

Sorry I meant smart as in like the general idea of physically dubbing over an old movie and doing a parody like that.

KFH is good, I don't "get" shaolin soccer.

Not him, Kung Pow is pretty clever and original. What's a "smart" comedy to you?

I used to like Life of Brian more when I was younger but as an adult it just doesn't hold up as well as Grail.

I really can't think of one which is pretty depressing.

Airplane isn't just all silly gags; it's a thinking man's comedy.

youtube.com/watch?v=JANcVXHqNTI

a.pomf.cat/czudxn.webm

Joey do you ever hang around the gymnasium?

My point is an original and ambitious concept=/=smart jokes. We could go down a rabbit hole of discussing what is smart and what isn't but that's what I'm getting at. Just thinking off of the top of my head there is a lot of silly easy stuff that really is just stupidly funny.

Jack go back to bed

A young Mike Ehrmantraut appears in this movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=g0j2dVuhr6s

They would never get away with making a movie like this today.

>OP never heard of movies like Naked Gun or Hot Shots

>OP never heard of televisions shows like Police Squad or Angie Tribeca

Angie Tribeca is the only thing in your list that isn't from the 80's....

What's your definition of modern?

There's nothing pedophilic about youth fitness

youtube.com/watch?v=FNkpIDBtC2c

Did anybody get the laying eggs out of her mouth joke? Was it referencing another movie? I still don't get it to this day.

>Angie Tribeca
Is fucking awful and unfunny

Hott fuzz is pretty good. Loved how the grand scenario and conspiracy Angel had planned out just turned into petty bickering

t. chevy

It's a spoof of crappy slight-of-hand tricks magicians used in the 70's. David Copperfield changed all that in the 80's...he sold the sizzle, not the steak.