Why didn't you like this movie?

Why didn't you like this movie?

I hate dishonesty

I loved this movie, as a matter of fact, its my favorite movie of all time. Made me feel all kinds of things, and shed tears in the end

I live in LA and its not like this movie and its only sheer cowardice that keeps from reaching across to the cocked and loaded gun I keep on my bedside table, pushing it against my temple and finally ending this shameful facade once and for all

also I think Gosling can't sing

>Live action musicals
No thanks

And the award for best picture goes to...

hollywood self-masturbatory snobbery

I did. Gosling isn't half as good as Emma though, which sucked. Also the pessimistic ending felt kinda forced. I didn't see the necessity of their splitting up at all.

I hate hollywood
I hate stories about feeling sad for chad and stacy.
I want escapism I don't want to watch a movie about real life or in this case a movie about escapism of movies being fake.

Poor chad and stacy. They made a selfish decision in life and now they must live with the consequences. Oh wait it was only a movie and these actors have literally perfect lives

The edge is strong in this one.

No subtlety. It's thinly veiled tripe.

>lead actors can't barely dance
>definitely can't sing
>Jesus, the goose really can't sing
>it's """heavily inspired""" from much better movies
>plot is nonsense and their relationship crumbles just because

I like it, tho

This

>mediocre songs/score
>heavily ''''''''''''''''influenced'''''''''''''''''' from much better musicals
>afraid of its own conceit; stops being a musical for most of it and becomes a pretty average romantic drama
>ryan gosling can neither sing (very well) nor dance, same with emma stone
>the aesthetic feels affected
>ending is ripped straight from les parapluies de cherbourg
>content of film is morally objectionable: white male attempts to gatekeep what he thinks is ''''''''jazz'''''''', an inherently amorphous and black art form

they're both unlikeable cunts

I really tried, watched for 45 minutes,,, nothing fucking happened and the songs were shit. I've never seen a more overrated film in my life

Emma Stone is one of the most overrated actresses at the moment.

I didn't care for the characters or the conflict especially as it just ind of worked out fine for both of them
songs were good, romance was good to a point, drama wasn't.
overall dishonest film making and a hollywood circlejerk

the turn is coming soon and whatever appeal people saw in her will be gone very soon