The more times I watch this film the less I like it

The more times I watch this film the less I like it.
As far as I care, the Emperor's throne room scenes are the only parts that lift it above ROTS and maybe TFA.
Even the poster is kinda trash.

Ewoks ruined the movie for me

I wouldn't care for Ewoks that much if the film didn't stop to a complete halt in their scenes.

ESB > ANH > ROTJ

Its my favorite, but the Ewoks part ruined it. The Luke quest part was kino

It's not a very good film, I rewatched it the other day and forgot how bad it is. I watched it right after Empire which was so awesome and the soundtrack was so goddamn great, which made it look that much worse. That ending Ewok song was such a shitty note to close the trilogy too.

>The Luke quest part was kino
His plan to save Han was nonsensical.

>tfw Im the only person on the planet that likes Return of the Jedi the most

That final battle scene on Endor was kino as fuck. I guess the main reason is that this is the movie where Luke really resists the dark side. He struggled with it in movies past but this is the one where he becomes a true Jedi master. Where he is confronted with the Emperor and did what his father failed to do. I dont care if Mark Hamill was cheesy, Luke is my favorite character.

Star Wars really never made sense.
>planet-killing spaceship that travels faster than light
>has to slowly orbit a planet in order to target its moon

>throws away the lightsaber, looks the Emperor in the eye and says that he is a Jedi
Always makes me shed a tear

>>planet-killing spaceship that travels faster than light
>>has to slowly orbit a planet in order to target its moon
That doesn't influence the plot in any significant way.
On the other hand, the first third of ROTJ is set in Jabba's palace, so you're left wandering what the fuck was the point of it all.

Also: hyperadvanced technology everywhere but no-one uses firearms and instead everyone uses blasters, which lets the Jedi block people from shooting them.

The ewoks are the only part that suck, but to be fair they do take up a decent portion of the movie. Every other criticism ranges from autistic nitpicks to subjective taste.

Sure it does, they could have instantly destroyed the rebel base. Boom end of series.

I feel like "lol another death star" was pretty stupid.

>instead everyone uses blasters
>which lets the Jedi block people from shooting them

The grand total of 3 people in the OT had that ability.

Ewoks sucked.
Han sucked in the film, he does nothing and is written almost like a completely different character.
Another Death Star sucked.
30 minutes of pointless Jabba stuff sucked. It moved the plot nowhere.
Leia being Luke's sister sucked.
Almost everything before the scene where Luke surrendered himself to Vader sucked.

How do you guys feel about Yoda's death scene?

It's cute.

It was touching. But the scene with Obi Wan sucked. Not Alec Guinness' fault, he's awesome as usual. But the Vader being Luke's father retcon ruined Obi Wan's character, there may have been no way of saving him.

Yes, the Death Star scenes are pretty much what made the film.

RotS is better in most other ways.

It was, I agree, but not unbelievably stupid to the point where it ruins the movie. Now, it was really a problem in TFA, to the point where one of the characters literally says "it's another death star." It's amazing, actually. It's like the movie is aware of how stupid it is, but doesn't think it's a problem.
Agreed
Subjective taste
Sucked somewhat, not enough to ruin the movie by any means
Subjective taste
Autistic nitpick

It has FTL, just no normal thrusters of note. Hence, it needs to use orbital mechanics to move itself around.

The lack of everything throwing nukes around as weapons is the biggest issue. Nuclear missiles, nuclear artillery, nuclear everything.

I would have made Han sacrifice himself by flying the Millennium Falcon into the core of the second Death Star to destroy it by hitting hyperspeed. It completes the arc of Han becoming a heroic character who cares about something greater than itself, and it makes this line from A New Hope more pertinent "Without precise calculations we could fly right through a star, or bounce too close to a supernova and that'd end your trip real quick, wouldn't it."

Missing the point, they should have just blown up the planet instead of the moon. Moon goes bye-bye if the planet blows up. Or you could shoot it again after the planet is out of the way.

You must be fun at parties.

Yavin was a gas giant, I don't think you could just blow up one those.

>destroy the planet to send the moon cascading into space, freezing everyone to death in a nauseating spinning blindness
How delightfully devilish

I understand this, but do you consider things like that legitimate reasons to not like a movie?

No no, not at all, just saying, picking apart things that don't make sense in Star Wars is kind of pointless because there is so much of it.

>Trying to shoot a giant ball of gas with the Death Star

5 > 4 > last 10 minutes of R1 > 7 > 6 > rest of R1 > 1 > 3 > 2

They could just shoot right through it and hit the moon from the other side.

How can you even include R1 and VII into your ranking? I don't even consider them movies.

Gasses refract light, so I don't think the Death Star's laser would travel through Yavin very well.

The death star's laser isn't just light, though.

Shitty Legends fan fiction doesn't count.

So why don't flashlights destroy everything you point them at?

Because they're not lasers. You can't shoot lasers through concentrations of gas.

So why don't these destroy everything you point them at?

Because they don't have enough power. Are you literally retarded?

You're asking too many questions, kid. Be very careful.

OC coming to you from a galaxy far far away ;)

They don't have any power. They're just concentrated light. The death star's laser destroys planets.

Empire > Genndy Wars > New Hope > everything else

>Genndy Wars above anything
Look, it's awesome to watch and all but that's all it has going for it.

>people putting anything above the original trilogy

This is accurate. If anything the Death Star in RotJ always worked for me, it's actually a point of fear. We've seen a death star before and know what it can do, and we know the high cost that everyone paid to deal with it. I really even enjoy all the lead up to the death star in the other movies and rogue one. It makes it feel powerful and like a real serious threat. Having another one looming before you felt like a legitimate danger, they've dealt with it once and they don't want to again. I love it.

TFA it was awful, reducing it to a side note of almost comedic and easy to deal with proportions that just happens to also destroy like 6 planets in a second. Ugh.

I don't think Empire was that good desu

That alone makes it better than episodes 1 and 2.

Star Wars only ever makes sense once you realize that George just wanted to tell a dramatic and silly story, and the setting had nothing to do with it. That's why he never fleshed it out.

Not to mention, the whole point of DS2 was to lure in the rebel army, who thought they had to go all out in their assault and use all their ships to destroy it, it wasn't just lol a bigger death star

Here's your reply.

Imagine them as Wookiees.
Also Lando and Han shoulda had bro time on the falcon. Hi five when they blew up the deathstar.

the only good special edition change

Not him but Rogue One literally has the best battle in all of Star Wars.

The Force Awakens is better than Jedi.

At last, someone with taste in this fucking thread.