youtube.com/watch?v=het1kl-A8qw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

political correctness

Post-modernism became reality

The Movie movies were a mistake

People tried to do stuff beyond tits and fart jokes
Turns out that's all American """""comedy""""" is capable of

Fun fact: Leslie Nielsen was Canadian.

A contributing factor, most definitely, but I think American comedy started to die way before political correctness became as prevalent as it is now.

Replaced by reality shows

I don't really follow. Humor in all countries went to shit, as did their movies.

Improvisation. Most comedy films aren't written now days, they just have the actors stand in front of the camera and "say funny stuff." Once in a while you'd get some improv in older comedy films, but all the actors in those movies were coming from shows like SNL and had been trained in writing, timing, etc. It's why so much comedy now days relies on repetition, they haven't written anything and can't think of anything off the top of their head so they just repeat shit over and over and hope it ends up funny.

>talks about American comedy
>posts picture of Italian singer Enrico Pallazzo

This. Somewhere along the way they stopped writing jokes with a setup and then a punchline, and movies are suffering because of it.

Reminder that Leslie Nielsen was only ever funny in Airplane! and as Frank Drebblin, and the latter doesn't include the third Naked Gun film.

He's pretty good in some of the Scary Movies but it's not AS funny. Also, some of the parodies with him have several good scenes. Dracula Untold or whatever, the Fugitive parody, and I'm sure there's more.

>Anchorman will soon be 20 years old

>tfw Naked Gun box set is being delivered today

why do you need a box for 1 film?

Leslie Nielsen was never supposed to be funny.

The reason those films worked is because he wasn't a comedian, he was a straight actor playing a ridiculous part. That was the juxtaposition. If it was a comedy actor it would have missed the point.

Also, Police Squad is hilarious.
youtube.com/watch?v=het1kl-A8qw

How do they keep getting those hot lead actresses for his comedy films.

there's 33 and a third films, fool.

That's why I said "as Frank Drebin" and not "in Naked Gun"