Why was this so awesome

Why was this so awesome

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d-Gea137VRU
youtube.com/watch?v=P0t4ruBVxSA
youtube.com/watch?v=BjyQljCaJJ8
youtube.com/watch?v=BfalkteSXKY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Because the guys actually bonded pretty good and in the end it was just a bunch of friends doing stupid things.

Except for Eren, Fuck Eren.

youtube.com/watch?v=d-Gea137VRU

"Is Butterbean okay?"

Because we were young and back in those days of hardcore papa roaching, skating and wearing trashy clothes it dictated our lives. Their style imprinted onto all of us in a way.

Coming through

Todays question: Is it wrong to be strong?

Is that a Criterion cover

>got the shit kicked out of him by butterbean and still joked about it
>stayed on the bull seesaw well after everyone else ran away
>almost got killed by the giant red rocket and then immediately went for a second attempt
Johnny was seriously hardcore and made everyone else look like such little bitches.

That rocket explosion could serisouly damage him. Mad man.

You be the judge

1. Pontius
2. Johnny
3. Steve O
4. Wee Man
5. Dunn
6. Preston
7. Irrelevant sidekicks
8. Bam's dad
9. Brad Pitt

I'm Johnny Knoxville and I'm going to the moon!!

>almost got killed by the giant red rocket and then immediately went for a second attempt
i don't think they knew how dangerous the first one was until they viewed the footage later

lmfao

i love johnny knoxville

I mean the thing blew a hole that was like 2 inches from his chest, they had to have some idea of how bad that could have been.

What is the gang up to now? Most of them you don't hear anything from.

Pure kino.

Charls from MDE should go full Pontius mode and run around a city wearing a nazi uniform

Sincerity instead of irony.

The big difference between MDE and Jackass is that MDE has a mean spiritedness behind it.

was watching the one yesterday with the riot bomb test. Knoxville is giggling the whole time before and after the stunt, while Dunn and Bam are scared shitless of the danger. A true god among men.

Why do people hate Ehren? What the fuck did he do?

I miss those days.

And Bam started to cry

he's ugly

thats pretty much it

Why is Bam such a bitch?

I never liked Bam. He was always a pussy but thought he was the coolest just because he was the big shot in shitty West Chester. The Los Angeles group was so much more likable.

He's a crybaby and can't handle a joke or criticism.

>YWN watch MTV in the 90s/early 2000s on a cold autumn day in your blanket while drinking hot coco again

They went from this to making youtube videos about white privilege.
How did they fall so low?

What elevated Jackass above the rest was all the characters and how they would react and fuck with each other
Nobody does it better than knoxville or steveo

Best duo coming through

>bam cries and is visibly terrified
>dunn just looks empty and begrudingly accepts his fate
>knoxville pure madman mode

one of THE BEST scenes in all of jackass because you see the true nature of all three of them in a single stunt

To be fair the 90s were a lot less political than right now. If MDE continues to make videos passed this shit era we might see some kino from them

Goddamn I miss that show. Maximum comfy.

No, fuck you.

Johnny Knoxville was a legit fucking madman

Despite the intentional low-fi look, Jackass was made by legit talented people. Lance Bangs and Spike Jonze being involved really elevated it above the imitators.

Do you think they still hang out some times and just shoot the shit, not necessarily doing any of the jackass shit but just banter?

Im sure they still talk to each other

i dont think a group of human beings have ever had as much fun together as they did

>its a someone shoves something up their ass skit

>Bam does a skit
>for no reason whatsoever he decided to also include shoving a dildo up his ass

>England does a skit
>For no reason he decides to include shit

is this streaming on any service? I don't feel like busting out the dvd player

Yeah but they always talk about how stressful being on set was because everyone was fucking with everyone 24/7

>It's a Bam cries at fake snakes just to cry more at real snakes
He was pussy ass nigger that bullied everyone less popular than him:
youtube.com/watch?v=P0t4ruBVxSA
But hell, he was totally necesary for the experience. That kick in the nuts out of nowhere is fucking hilarious. THUG 2 would had not been so cool if he had not being the early bad guy

It was just a show about guys being dudes

That's all we needed. It's sad that this isn't allowed anymore.

THUG 2 is when the series started to go downhill. Jam.

I am sure this is true, but I think the show is carefully edited to play up Johnny looking like the hero.

THUG 2 was the peak. It's not its fault it went down after that.

THUG was the peak.

This post is underrated and deserves attention.

The commentaries on the first two movies and the TV series are great. They're really funny and you get a proper sense of the group dynamic. Like, Dave England has gravitas and Ehren is the runt, for example. Also, Steve O is always honest and genuine and dearly loves Knoxville.

pre youtube

pro scater four was the peak. the true practitioners choice.

When Steve O was on Hot Ones, he got a random call from Knoxville

It sickens me that jackass constantly get started and people don't even know who this man is or recognise that he is one of the giants in cinema comedy

What if Andrew WK was a Jackass? Would've been brilliant.

What an absolute death defying maniac.

The riot bomb test is one of the most based things I've ever seen out of their stunts and it just further proves that Knoxville is at the very top.

What was his problem

Genius comes at a high price and he paid for it sadly. Was way ahead of his time and others didn't recognise his genius until it was too late.

Jesus christ I played THUG a few months ago on the xbox because I found my old copy on accident. We were so easily entertained back then.
I want to say THUG 2 was better but I haven't played it since release and can barely remember anything about it.

literally who?
Now ^^ thats funny.

It's posts like these that kill me inside.

very true

His career died after Viva La Bam

1. Production value, even if it was a cheap show, having someone like Tremaine behind the program made it better than your average home tapes. Personally, I think spending a bit on the soundtrack was a brilliant choice.
2. The cast, diverese personalities. It was almost like a western, you know those guys were vile but at the same time charming. Not to mention, Knoxville has to be one of the best "frontmen" in tv history.
3. More importantly Posting more video footage kino

You had to be white trash to enjoy this shit

Early Tom Green >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Jackass

>What was his problem

The story is that he hated the Jackass crew and didn't want to be part of it, but on one of the commentaries Bam said he asked Brandon why he doesn't like the crew and he couldn't even remember.

The other point is that Brandon didn't like to leave the state, or even his house, which also pretty much ruled out shooting.

Nah tom green never reached the heights of jackass.

Steve-o is pretty active on Youtube doing stunts and shit. he's also been on a few podcasts and is working on a live comedy special afaik

Tom Green is more similar to Eric Andre than to Jackass, not really a comparison. Would be like saying M*A*S*H is better than Tom Green.

And?

they should of just accommodated him in some way he was that talented

>YWN live through the late 90's MTV era again
why even live

It was one of the last big pop culture events that wasn't basing at least part of its humor or entertainment value on being 'ironic'. It was genuine and wanted to be a genuine product. Since you don't have to put yourself out there when you're being ironic if people don't like it you can hide behind 'it's ironically good' or 'it's ironically bad, that's the joke huehuehueheu'.

15 years solid of pop culture being 'isn't this ironic' makes you crave for a sincere piece of entertainment.

>implying bored suburbanites didn't make up the bulk of the jackass audience

I'm sorry, Who?
youtube.com/watch?v=BjyQljCaJJ8

>late 90's MTV
>Jackass didn't debut until late 2000
I bet you consider yourself a 90's kid despite not being born until '95

I was born in 88, so I guess my memory is starting to fail me. Was the tom green show also from 2000 onwards?

knoxville did a chinese movie with jackie chan last year i think was pretty meh and he wasn't that great in it

Pontius lives out of his car and this was a lifestyle he was sustaining during all of shooting so he's fine

Steve O see Wee Man owns a taco chain

Dunn lives in heaven.

Bam's dad lives in his nice house.

It was genuine.

the pranks/stunts were always creative and legitimately funny.

>when you're in the first season of a show and somehow convince brad pitt to let you kid nap him

youtube.com/watch?v=BfalkteSXKY

I always wondered how they even called that in, literally everyone involved with the show was no name as fuck at that point.

>jackass was more popular
>therefore it is better
wew m8. I suppose Transformers is a better movie than Mad Max

even though jackass loosely borrowed Tom Green skits

in my post did i ever refer to the word popular?

>typical tom green poster, hurr do a barrel roll

Jackass borrowed a lot from pop culture.

MDE was funny when it was a couple sketches then sam doimg vertical videos and crashing anime conventions. politics and social consciousnessis always cancerous to comedy. I don't give a fuck what anyone says. Bill Hicks sucked dick and Carlin went straight to garbage once he started tackling "serious" subjects

>never reached the heights
what does that mean then? jackass did crazier shit? no fucking duh

Jack ass is based on CKY which came before jackass.

he liked to dish it out but he sure as shit couldn't take it. we all had faggot friends like that.

as an art form it has more quality

Carlin stopped being funny in the early 80s. I'm glad public consciousness is starting to accept the fact that he spent 70% of his career being a bitter old man ranting about politics rather than be a comedian.

>I'm glad public consciousness is starting to accept the fact that he spent 70% of his career being a bitter old man ranting about politics rather than be a comedian
I fucking wish.

What? Carlin is revered more now than ever. Take some time off this hugbox.

WHAT??

>tfw I was the faggot friend