Zack Snyder's DC films

helped people overcome Suicidal thoughts and depression.

superherotalksite.wordpress.com/2017/09/30/zack-snyders-dc-films-helped-people-overcome-depression-suicidal-thoughts-read-their-stories-here/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM
archive.is/RMAmd
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I experienced the same thing. I saw his movies and thought to myself "wow ! If a total hack can take beloved comic book properties and churn out completely mediocre studio-approved bullshit and make billions of dollars then maybe there's hope for me too!"

>studio-approved
You are not even trying

>be autistic manchild
>make autistic cape shit
>tons of autisitic manchildren flock to your subpar movies
>including a good portion of depressed loners

And what is so surprising about that now? I bet MLP helped a bunch of autistic virgins not to off themselves but does that say anything about the quality of the show?

But Autumn Snyder killed herself right after watching an early cut of Justice League.

>those Marvel Pajeet replies
It's really true

What kind of morals do Marvel flicks inspire? That it's ok to murder people so long as 80's rock music plays and you can quip about it? No wonder you don't read stories like that about Marvel movies. The McDonald's of film.

Not surprised. He created such a bleak, realistic world and then filled it with hope; showing us that it's possible
Remarkable stuff

And gave significantly more suicidal thoughts and depression. Poor Ben here is just a mess, they have to pump him full of narcotics just to get him out of bed. They can't show his bare arms on camera because of all the cut marks.

It's not Zack's fault the idiot chose to throw away his family for some quick pussy on the side.

Marvel films are popcorns flicks centered on light humor and action you retard. Heavy handed Snyderesque morality would only weight the film's down.

They tried to do it in Civil War (hilariously forcing in the concept of consequence in a cartoon universe) and it ended up the most pathetic and forced conflict in the history of comic book films.

Maybe CW would've actually mattered if the ten previous MCU movies hadn't forgotten about the world around superheroes. Even Civil War plays it extremely easy and on-the-surface refusing to dive deep into a more meaningful statement. Still, it was better than Age of Ultron. If that counts for anything.

Not as bad as the forced conflict between Batman and Superman. At least Iron Man and Captain America had an actual reason to disagree.

but muh Martha

Whenever I'm faced with a tough decision, I always start hearing the theme from Man of Steel in my head. It reminds that being a better person is always a choice, being just a little bit better than the man I was yesterday.

That MLP is amazing.

Oh yeah,teh evil brainwashing. What good writing Marvel!

Been saying this for years. Snyder films is about becoming a better person. Marvel movies are there to comfort you and tell you everything is ok and you're a special snowflake so long as you vote democrat.

What's inspirational about Superman in Snyder's films?

Just shows you that kino can help save lives. God bless Zack Snyder.

Reminder that BvS is the rise of the right in film.

Only libcucks, numales and manchildren hate it

If you got 40 minutes to spare

youtube.com/watch?v=7p5-14rjWUM

This tells you in exact detail.

This. Had nothing to do with the movie.

Go to bed Rajesh

Wew, seems weird since it was also what made his daughter want to kill herself.

>helped people overcome Suicidal thoughts and depression
>daughter kills herself

I'm missing something here

I actually must agree that DC's movies look much, much better than Marvel's movies.

But that's really the only thing.

It's almost like the article is in response to her death, saying Snyder prevented people from meeting the same end.

Reddit overload.

Too bad Justice League looks like total garbage. Well at least we got MoS which is unironically absolute capekino

The most funny thing about Civil War is that the whole movie is about the heroes' accountability, but then you look a bit closely to the airport fight and despite the characters stating over and over again that they don't want to hurt each other pretty much every move they do is lethal in nature to draw an exciting scene. It's just that the characters always manage to escape in the knit of time and quip about it right after.

not his daughter though

Marvel logic bends the way the writers want. The world has no will of its own to make it feel geniune. It doesn't have to be realistic, but consistent. But Marvel isn't even that. Like how 10 MCU movies went by with nobody caring about collateral damage and suddenly there is Civil War where it's a huge fucking deal and everything has political consequences now.

My guess is that someone at Marvel got major cold feet when they heard WB was making a Batman/Superman film and ended up replicating its trailers as close as possible hoping to have a carbon copy ready to undermine the competition. I doubt anyone at Marvel wanted this direction but the suits who were getting cold feet.

>Like how 10 MCU movies went by with nobody caring about collateral damage and suddenly there is Civil War where it's a huge fucking deal and everything has political consequences now.

Even when trying to pull that shit they still went coldfeet and tried to downplay the collateral damage as hard as they could.

Snyder BvS for me IS Masterpiece.

Snyder in this movie raises such topics:
>power, powerlessness, points of view of those in power and those who do not.
>information, disinformation and everything to which it can lead.
>society, media its essence and role.
(Marvel have any topics? No. They are fan-service popcorn-movie without any themes/ideas etc.)

It is ironic that the film about different points of view caused so much aggressive negativity. People can not accept the idea that someone might like this movie. Narrow-minded plebs...

Reminder from Daredevil Season 1.

>"And he said unto them, Ye will surely say unto me this proverb, Physician, heal thyself: whatsoever we have heard done in Capernaum, do also here in thy country."
>"And he said, Verily I say unto you, No prophet is accepted in his own country." - Luke 4:23-24

Shit just gets more and more ridiculous.

>74
Small pocket bombs kill more people than that.

Even this is drastically undermining the death toll. Entire fucking skyscrapers were leveled to the ground. The most densely populated city in America turned into a fucking war zone. Tens of thousands died at the least, lowballing it.

Really embarrassing when the film that is supposed to bring these Marvel heroes into reality of consequences, they undermine that concept from the very first scenes. Consequences are cool so long as they don't make our heroes look bad!

If BvS had been a MCU movie.

but brah Martah hahawhaha

>proceeds to ignore all of the contrivances seen in Marvel flicks

Again, BvS was the Trump blockbuster. In a way that it almost accurately reflected the sense of powerlessness lived on by the average rational man in the current political climate.

I like when they all sat around the television and watched their old movies. It's a good thing the suit guy brought his video tape with him or the Avengers might've forgotten all about that time New York was 9/100 x 1000. Some guy at the office even bothered to make a graphic for the death toll and total property costs aswell. How luxurious.

>hundreds killed
I hope Mr. DeKnight didn't come up with that boneheaded number.

That's because the shot-callers at Disney decided to go with a myth arc with all the narrative depth of a side-scrolling collect game.

Marvel probably told him to slowballed and so he came up with that low number. Probably thinking something like 600 hundred deaths or something was ok.

How can i ignore things, that even doesnt exist lol

I mean it's pretty obvious Snyder's films are inspiring.

Look, they even inspired Marvel directors!

>hero has to kill his long lost father who reveals himself to be an evil godlike figure who threatens all life on Earth
>DUDE REMEMBER PACMAN LMAO

The frankly embarrassing use of the English language in this post outs you as a pseudo intellectual fuck boi.
Capeshit = Garbage
Doesn't matter if its made by Disney or the man who filled the void left by your absentee father. This shit is for children and you should be ashamed for convincing yourself any different.

Try to ignore this one, then.

>All of S.H.I.E.L.D. and HYDRA's files leaked and available on the internet fro months if not years.
>The foremost technical genius on the planet, who employs hundreds of like-minded geniuses, and also has a deep-seated distrust of authority and more than a little paranoia, just isn't interested in them.
>Nameless Sokovian pleb uncovers what Stark should have already known with none of his resources and a fraction of his intellect.

Even as comic books, there have been more than enough material to keep an older audience hooked. Hell it is Disney responsible for the infantilization of the genre. The Dark Knight was massive. The Burton films were dark as fuck. Even the Donner films had this universal kind of appeal that weren't for kids but more for a general audience for blockbusters. Logan has also been released recently that is clearly not for kids. DC has traditionally always been teens-young adults.

So no, you're wrong. The MCU is kiddy shit. The rest isn't.

Seriously man change before its too late because this your future if your not 12 years old but still care about comic book films.

literal autism

>judging media by its genre
>calling anyone else a pseudo intellectual

>no u defense

So this is the power of capeshit, enlightening

t. John Williams

KINO

>interpreting what I said as no u
You're just outing yourself as an arrogant fool now. You avoid searching for depth in material because you have a pre-conceived notion of its worth. You refrain from actually using your sense of judgement and resort to a prejudiced dismissal. You are the definition of pretentious.
You are the one with no argument. Oh this movie is for kids! Nothing to say about the themes, about the actual content of the film. You've formed your opinion before you've fully wrapped your mind around it. And it's because the film is daunting in it intellectual complexity and insecure people fear making sense of it's ambiguities so they pretend it's meaningless.

What's worse, the guy you're arguing with is the sort of loser who only ever finds depth in "patrician-approved auteurs." He lacks the requisite imagination and powers of perception to glean profundity on his own.

I don't believe movies help with depression. Sorry, SnyderChads.

If movies can inspire happiness, sadness, and laughter, they can inspire hope in those feeling hopeless. The Shawshank Redemption never fails to lift my spirits, either, especially when you understand that, intentionally or not, it's a brilliant metaphorical lesson in the importance of not only hope, but faith as well.

So it dawned on me the other day that this isn't just DC marketing, it's HBO/Time Warner marketing as well. Time Warner paid an obscene amount of money to WB to broadcast BvS and SS on HBO, and since those movies drastically underperformed and have been an enormous money sink they are desperate to justify the cost and get back some of their money.

Time Warner owns WB, dumbass.

Surely music helps you? You're human aren't you?
If yes then it's easy to imagine a movie would too.

Shit you're right, my bad. Its Time Warner marketing all the way down.

BvS made my depression far far worse

tfw you still have cut marks on your arm

>mfw reading this pathetic thread

The only thing that makes me want to die is Mike's pathetic life fueled by his nostalgiaboner for 80's blockbuster film, which he no doubt at this point worships like his bible.

imagine being suicidal and overcoming your depression after seeing a shitty DC movie

More like Captain Canada.

this only makes me like him more. He went to my high school, where he had a reputation for helping other kids work through loss or depression. He's an actual courageous human being, unlike Hairline Cavill or 'Hello Darkness My Old Ben' Affleck

When Man of Steel first came out, I only knew Snyder's name from 300 and Watchmen, having never watched Dawn of the Dead or Suckerpunch, so I went into viewing it with a preconceived idea of what sort of film I'd be watching - a lighthearted comic book movie. The cognitive dissonance left me reeling for days, I talked about all the things I thought were wrong with it, all the things I'd have done differently, and then pretty much forgot about it.

Before BvS was released, I watched it again and realized something interesting - either I was watching distracted the first time or I'd just matured enough to pick up on things I missed on the initial viewing. I realized that the interactions between the characters were presented in a way that didn't talk down to the audience. The implications were there to either be picked up on or wholly dismissed. I enjoyed it far more on that viewing than I did in the theaters. I still didn't get the point of the religious imagery, though.

When I saw BvS, it was pic-related that made me start to understand what I was seeing, this beautiful image and the wealth of meaning it conveys to those who are looking, thinking, became my Rosetta Stone for understanding these films and what Snyder and his crew were giving us. I was fascinated. I remain so. No one has ever done anything remotely like this is a big-budget blockbuster, let alone a cape film. Not even Cameron has balls this big.

Of the two of us, I'm the guy talking about something I passionately love. All you've got is bitterness and petty sarcasm to offer, but it's never too late to join us in the sun.

archive.is/RMAmd

We all know what you look like

>Hairline Cavill
Funny you say this because Evans was going bald years ago and is now using hairplugs. Atleast Cavill took it like a man.

No one—and I mean NO ONE—has done more for his people than Zack Snyder.

1. Nobody who watched 300 or Watchmen would assume that Snyder makes lighthearted comic book movies. Even his fans stress the opposite - they're desaturated, dramatic spectacles with too much slow-motion and a cringey lack of comprehension about dialogue, timing, and human chemistry. Snyder films are essentially aspergerscore films - everything is spelled out, nothing is morally or intellectually ambiguous, and complexity is mistaken for sophistication.

The interactions between the characters aren't "presented in a way that didn't talk down to the audience", unless you mean "they're simplistic and lack any depth, which I, the viewer, assume is the same thing." When characters talk to each other, it's uncomfortable to watch. It has the same veneer of watching two actors acting alone on a green screen, estranged from one another, trying to emote based on what the other person's lines say without seeing reactions. Then Snyder tried to stitch the responses together in post-production like a Frankenstein of disturbingly "off" character actions and reactions.

The religious subtext is badly done and out of place in a superhero movie. If you want religious subtext done right, watch Ben-Hur, or one of Mel Gibson's films. The imagery is grotesque because it defiles actual religious images and their significance to believers by aping the color palette and body language without understanding the meaning. If you've never read Thomas of Aquinas, never watched The Count of Monte Cristo, never felt real transcendence in the real world, but think a weirdly edited grayscale movie of two made up superheroes punching each other and yelling MARTHA is a "Rosetta Stone" for understanding filmography, then you are literally too dumb to post on this site and should probably go back to /r/movies where they have playground outings for people like you.

>tony wanting to kill someone that was brainwashed
both conflicts were stupid

I am honestly amazed you typed all this garbage and thought it would somehow paint you the brighter - the opposite is true.

The slow-mo is not present at all in his Superman duology, so that is factually false and a lie. The human element is more prevalent than any other film of the genre, where heroes are instead reduced to glorified toys to quip against each other as they attempt homicide on each others. SeeThe religious subtexts (note the plural; more than one religion, more than one legend) and has been a part of Superman's identity since ages ago. My guess is that you wouldn't even comprehend most of it had Sup Forums not pointed it out for you. Your pathetic attempt to downplay the religious context of Superman's arrival is bizzare and ignorant. The age where social media icons are turned into idols, the idea that Superman becomes an idol is somehow too grand for you to comprehend? Go out and see the real world. Snyder doesn't make film for the sheltered manchildren. Disney has made a whole universe just for that purpose.

Nice try, brainlet, this won't save you from being as wrong as you are. the Slo-Mo is fucking everywhere, the Christ imagery is forced and stupid, and you are too dumb to appreciate worlds of cinematic luminescence beyond your sad attachment to a DC franchise nobody cares about and which constantly underperforms its sales targets. My advice is to kill yourself.

Folding that easily? The lies exposed and all you can do is repeat yourself like the broken quipbots you worship. Your incoherent rage does prove BvS right - the ignorant rage is dangerous if mislead. Something your MCU or parents never taught you.

And he was himself brainwashed in Ultron but somehow he forgot that for some absurd reason.

I unironically love DC capeshit movies more than Marvel ones.

>but muh slow mo

This is the limit of capacity that these people have.

Maybe it's someone else who should kill himself (that's you by the way, I know you aren't that bright so I pointed out for you)

Some user open a Sup Forums discord channel.

Who haven't been brainwashed in the MCU?

Seriously, every character is brainwashed at some point in these movies. Even Coulson was in the TV series.

If you want religious subtext, watch a film that has it, brainlet. This isn't about religion. It's about god-making.

WB's goal with MoS was more of a rush Ashcan copy job than to be the launcher of the cinematic universe brand.

If you love DC it's just an opinion.

If you act like OP and these autistic zackcocksucker you're done for.

>this thread

his people? DIE JUDEN?

Snyder's the son of some Christian Scientists from Wisconsin.