So WB is going to launch a new label for standalone DC movies

Prepare for more DC kinos

from a recent Vulture.com article vulture.com/2017/09/dc-wonder-woman-movie-strategy-universe.html :

>"One of the centerpieces of this new, decentralized strategy is an as-yet-unnamed side label of occasional movies that are completely separate from everything else, set entirely outside the cinematic universe. Total stand-alones based on good ideas from big-name filmmakers. Movies that are just movies, not components of a larger piece of clockwork. The first one they’re talking about is a solo outing about supervillain the Joker, set to be directed and co-written by The Hangover and War Dogs alumnus Todd Phillips. Johns says they’ll be announcing the name of of this side label “soon-ish.”

I'm happy that they are putting the whole shared universe aside, but it's just more proof how Snyder's vision failed and Snyderfags will never admit it

>solo outing about supervillain the Joker, set to be directed and co-written by The Hangover and War Dogs alumnus Todd Phillips.

I'm actually warming up to Boomerang and Katana working together in a movie more than that crap

They are not abandoning the shared universe model.

director of Le Hangover, Jew Dogs
fucking dropped

This is going to bite them in the ass in the long run

Johns will ruin the movie just as he ruined the comics and the animated movies.

but... user.... Didn't you like the New 52 reboot... er.. not rebolt... or Convergence or DCU... er... DC Rebirth?

Hey... 'member Watchmen? Batman is gonna fight the Watcgmen now! Iconic!

>Rebirth will change things!
>Batman comics still follow the shitty Nu52 continuity with its dumb changes outside a few references to Year One in the Batman comic because of the cringy Batcat romance
>The Flash still follow the shitty Nu52 continuity with its dumb changes outside of the insertion of white Wally (who had his history changed to fit the Nu52 stories) Iris romance

Wow, much change.

And how many times will Johns push to adapt his shitty Nu52 storylines in all fucking media? People can watch Flashpoint only so many times.

Oh neat. Thanks for the hourly update on what WB is up to.

I keep forgetting how badly Johns and DC fucked over Wally fans and the Flash in general.

Johns, Didio and Lee fucked the entire DCU. Even after Rebirth, with is only a cosmetic change things are still waaay too fucked up.

I mean, what's the point of reintroducing the old Wally West if you're going to rewrite his entire past to make him fit the Nu52 continuity in a very awkward way and use the character in a badly written comic where his only purpose is to create DRAMA with a stupid love triangle? Nobody asked for that.

Just look at the movies now. The Justice League movie plot is pretty much the origin he wrote for the Justice League comic at the beginning of Nu52. Just replace Darkseid with Steppenwolf.
The Flash movie will also be a Flashpoint adaptation, another one of his shitty stories. This when they could have used any of the Flash comic arcs to adapt and there are plenty to choose from.

He already ruined the animated movies by forcing the producers to animate his awful Nu52 storylines. Now the animated movies sell like shit and as consequence they don't have enough clout anymore to ask for better budgets. So not only the stories they chose now to adapt are bad, but the animated movies have become badly animated too.
Remember when the animated movies used to be great, with things like Under the Hood?

And look at the TV shows too. The Flash show is based on nothing but Johns shit. They've done Flashpoint three times in that alone!
And now Johns is overseeing the Titans live action show that will follow the awful Nu52 continuity instead of the classic Wolfman's stories.

Johns is ruining everything with his greedy pawns. His stories influence everything in comics and only his stories get to be adapted to other media.

They know Justice League is already a disaster and are planning for future movies to have no connection to it.

Thank God they're not using his stupid script for the Batman live action movie anymore.

I just want Superman in red trunks again. Anything besides Superman is shit and will always be shit. He is the "superhero" and all other capeshit is autistic faggotry sold to consumers who use corporate brands to create an identity.
Johns is a retard and a solo Joker movie sounds so synthetic. Joker isn't a character as much as he's a plot device for Batman to respond to. Gay.

Mid-budget detective Batman film, when?

Miles better than Marvel

>I just want Superman in red trunks again.
Get over it already.

Fuck you, Jeff.

>Superman in red trunks again
Fuck off retard

Lmao what a fucking mess this has been.

>Johns says they’ll be announcing the name of of this side label “soon-ish.”

So Elseworlds? Seems like the right subtitle.

can you be anymore of a loser

"DC Original"?

DKino

Time Warner's WB's Detective Comics Comics Movies: Standalone Series

>Movies that are just movies
Oh man, it's gonna be legend-wait for it....ly shit fuck my life end of the world disaster, right?

>We'll bring Barry back, because it's not like Wally has been Flash for 20 years and is the one everyone knows thanks to him being in JLU
>We'll reboot the universe to make things simpler, Barry's the only Flash and Wally's black
>Reboot again because we fucked up, but Barry is still the Flash, we'll bring back Wally but he can be stuck in Titans and ignored while we pretend that black Wally is the one people like.

Holy shit never post here again nigger

Go rub out your irrational Snyder hate boner in Sup Forums. They're still keeping the Cinematic universe. Unlike MCU, DC won't heavily rely on their 'in-universe' titles to serve as cross promoting platforms for the next movie, and light on the cameos/mcguffins. While also releasing solo stand alones that aren't tied to the Cinematic Universe. It's no different than what they currently do with releasing their OVAs which has their linear universe while releasing Killing Joke. It's literally just DC's current platform on a theater scale. Sort of like Star Wars with their "Star War Stories" standalones??

Repeat that shit throughout the entire comic department.

DC think that by just bringing old characters back people missed (while rewriting their past which is the main reason why people liked the characters in the first place) and re-establishing old relationships people also missed (while giving it a new context which is different from the old dynamic) they will manage to win the old readers back.

It's like giving your stolen lunch back with a spit on it.

>It's no different than what they currently do with releasing their OVAs which has their linear universe while releasing Killing Joke.

But their recent OVAs all suck ass. Specially the linear universe they established that follow the Nu52 storylines.

So it's still commercials for commercials. I'm glad they're telling us this before Justice League comes out. I'll be better able to appreciate the schizophrenic directing and editing for the unique experience it is

Not really going to argue about the quality of those OVAs, but It's clearly the pattern that DC wants to do.

>So it's still commercials for commercials.
Commercials that you still can watch and appreciate by itself unlike Marvel which overwhelms retarded normies thinking they needed to Watch all 2 Thor movies before to better appreciate Ant-Man. You're not going to see a Superman cameo in a Batman central movie, or Joker holding an Item of significance that is narrative bounded to upcoming team-up titles.

Yes I will. They'll be called easter eggs again.

Wow damn you convinced me! I'm so gonna leave hahaha

Batman will focus on being a commercial for Batman sequels. It won't be like Marvel where Aquaman has to promote the upcoming Batman movie/Justice League.

Is it any wonder that Johns is an idiot that came from the Hollywood circle jerk?

never, who cares

Warner thinking that they got their Fergie in him will be sorely disappointed.

I suspect Johns is some kind of Wormtongue feeding lies about the DCU to the suits who keep giving him more power.

Yeah sure. As if you know, cunt

>Yeah sure. As if you know, cunt
More than you, bitchlet.

Johns was certainly pretty smart. After creating the Nu52 with Lee and Didio, which drove off a bunch of fans away, Johns pretty much took opportunity of the general dissatisfaction to lay blame for the whole Nu52 debacle on the misguided DC "people", which again he was a part of, in order to try and pander to the angry fans DC had scared off in an attempt to win the back. Since the main complements were the stupid changes to characters, the stupid relationship dramas and the grim stories, he came back promising to bring everything back by stating that his main goal was to bring the "DC's heart" that was lost.

This conveniently lined up with the time Warner executives didn't knew what to do with their live actions movies after the backlash BvS and SS received. So here you've a comic guy pandering to comics fan promising to bring back the comics heart and winning most people back on. Of course he'd be perfect to help the executives with their movies. Critics wanted "heart" right?

But all of that is pure bullshit. Johns stories were always shallow and grimdark as fuck. He'll say anything to win support. Back before the Nu52 he'd hype the 2011 reboot as the thing DC most needed. Now he says the reboot was a mistake and throwing the rich past was an error that he'll fix. He'll say anything.

>Its a Johns reboots something again and again and again episode
He is the singular reason I have stopped buying DC. I don't buy Marvel either. Just saying that New52 and everything always tying into shit Johns writes killed any interest I have for the brand. So him spreading his ass and spraying out more promises, it just means he's learned how to fart new sounds
I still have the old stories

The funny thing is Johns promising good changes while trying to make everyone adapt his Flashpoint story, you know... the very story that kick-started the whole Nu52 debacle that turned the comics into a try-hard edge shitfest.

>what did he meme by this
Oh really? So you're a shill? Or are you Geoff Johns? No, you're just writing fan fiction. Fuck off, autismo. This is just damage control pr.

>Joker origin movie
That is the biggest most pathetic cash grab I've seen from these cape movies yet. No one wants this but it will make a ton of money.

DC and its fans, truly have their heads up their asses.

It's so sad and pathetic.

Based red trunks poster

Not necessarily. Ot could be that they realized what Snyder was doing was good but would have worked better as stand alone. The same with Suicide Squad, they probably realized the movie would have been better if they had just let Ayer do his thing 100%, they realized that's what some people actually wanted, distinct visions from different directors, instead of having to make everyone do a Wonder Woman/Whedon style flick.

If Snyder had been successful they wouldn't be dropping it. They're making the same fucking promises and the same fucking lies they make when they reboot the comics. Better! Brighter! Bolder! New52 and everything since has been a success too if you think that universal revulsion from the community is okay as long as a couple magazines get sold, which get retconned in five years anyway.
These are not stories anyone will want to remember. They are not iconic or even interesting. We've been watching Superman 4 tier garbage on repeat since Avengers came out.

>New52 and everything since has been a success

While actually going back to making good movies outside the universe is a good thing, specially since DC has interesting elseworlds the capeshit genre is half dead and honestly the studios ideas are pretty shit.

Trying to make a Joker origin story is beyond retarded.

Johns is such a cunt
Johns doesnt give a shit about batman continuity, he hates batman

Sales are down from 2016 across the board in the entire industry.

They are circling the toilet and claiming they are a success because they are the shit log that floats best.

>When Hack Snyder's casting and world-building is so fucking bad you have to create a cinematice multiverse just to get away from it

DC is such a dumpsterfire

unless that was his plan.
kinda like coke.
he comes in and says, 'hey dawg i have this sweet ass recipe for an edgy tasty coke. let's hype the fuck outta it. old coke will gone as fuck. dis coke is for da new generation.'

then in some back alley meeting, he buys all the original papers relating to the old classic coke and all it's different soft drinks.

then new coke comes out. few like it, but generally it sucks. people want the old coke back.

johns then says, 'look dawg, we lost what coke was. it was about people and the heart of the world. the world dawg. let's bring back the old coke, but call it 'Classic Coke'. for our generation. let's hype the fuck outta it dawg!

old coke is now classic coke and everything related the old coke is making bank with johns reaping all the rewards cause of those back alley deals.

or unless he's a dirty mechanic. you take car in. johns says it needs this. car works for a bit, but breaks down, you take it back, he says that part was a mistake and here's the original, but better. you pay more for it and drive off. but car kinda drives the same but not really, so you go back to him again and he says you need a paint job and spoiler.

>says while writing fanfiction.
makes you think.

Reminder that Alan Moore has had more than several chances to getting royalties and shit back from new management, but scoffed at them ever since. He just wants to do nothing but worship his statue and bitch about Margaret Thatcher in 2017

Fuck off, Jim and/or Geoff

Are you illiterate?

Yes, because Green Lantern was stand-alone kino

>tfw no Morrison adaptations