Should I check this out before it leaves theaters...

Should I check this out before it leaves theaters? I saw a few people on here saying it's been the best film of the year.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NIg0OXKcynQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

name literally ONE person who has said anything about this movie

Solid 8/10.
Liz is cute and Renner is great

This guys gets it.

looked snowy and crimy like Girl with the dragon tattoo. wasnt that good tho, but still good enough

What do you mean name someone? I saw 2 small threads last week where people were saying it was really good and possibly the best movie of the year.

Solid 8/10.

Great atmosphere, great characters (except for one) and overall incredibly tightly written together. There are a few "cheese"-scenes in there, but overall its a solid followup to Sicario. I personally didnt like "Hell or high water", so Im happy this is the next good film to come from him.

Best film of the year doesnt say much, since there really hasnt been an outstanding film, apart from maybe Dunkirk.

All i'm wondering is if it's good. Judging by the replies in this thread so far, the answer is yes.

Sorry if it wasnt clear. Its hands down the best film of the year sofar, its simply a bad year for cinema.

If you liked Fargo or Sicario, youll love Wind River.

It's 4th best. But check it out, it's pretty good.

My mom said it was really good.

It was okay but it was getting a little hammy around the third time renner does a long drawling explanation of how life is really tough, and I think the final conflict is a little over the top and silly. Also olsens character is basically blunt from sicario except obnoxious and the audience doesn't relate with her because renner gets equal screentime.

>I didn't see Logan Lucky, Lost City of Z, or mother!
It shows

it's good but it'a clear Sheridan doesnt have directing chops of Villeneuve or Mackenzie yet.

Wind River - 6/10
Sicario - 7/10
Hell or High Water - 7/10

Powerful film, beautifully shot. There is one scene in the film that is brutal, worth the entry alone. Also, a sneaky scene of Liz Olsen’s ass squeezing into some kids snow gear.

I saw Logan Lucky. It was funny, felt like watching Ocean's 11 all over again, but mediocre in every way possible.

Lost city of Z fell apart in the 3rd act, but still a very rewarding film.

Havent seen Mother! and probably wont.

Hell or High Water is overrated in my opinion. The Western motif is boring for non-Americans.

Even with your criticisms Wind River is still worse than all three. It's an episode of Longmire stretched to feature length with slightly better production values.

I liked the part where white people saved native americans.

>The Western motif is boring for non-Americans.
no one cares about you

Yeah, it should have been about two young urban males who bike to a bank and get a loan to open a cafe to help pain mummy's debt.

also the shot where she gets shot through the door looked pretty bad and in the trailer when he starts beating on that guy was pretty unconvincing.

i watched a version without the rape scene, when i later saw the rape scene i felt that the other version where it just lingers on her while bent over was much more effective than actually seeing the rape

Except you (you)d me pretty fast. Ironic post senpai.

Thats like your opinion man. The Tundra feel of Wyoming worked incredibly well as a setting. The native American life was quiet and depressing. The characters were all interesting and contributed to the overall story. Even the cops at the end were interesting in their own way.

Hell or high water felt like a sob story about theft for selfish reasons pretending to be a moral thing bla bla.

They quite literally did the opposite of that in this movie you underage faggot

It's very very good.

its a boring procedural that randomly reveals the entire mystery in a flashback. its shovelware for the imdb audience

youtube.com/watch?v=NIg0OXKcynQ

me

This

Not even worth watching on TV

cozy as fuck watch it

Fuck off it was great

>contrarian hour

Lel

You have boring opinions on a pretty standard crime flick.