The film had bad pacing

>The film had bad pacing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KseqzmcqQBQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

not a film but I went to watch that cartoon might magiwsowrds because people said to me it was like ren and stimpy but the pacing was legit so fucking terrible it is unbelieveable, legit the worst pacing i've ever seen in my fucking life in any media, it is worth to watch the first episode just to see how fucking bad it is

>twist ending

>lovecraftian, kafkaesque

>nonlinear

>it's box office hit
>China loves it

>it was a fun movie

>This show is bad
>why?
>The pacing is slow

>movie wuz purdy

>moovee fun I like

How do you guys define bad pacing? A constant jumping from conclusion of a problem to conclusion without showing the in between? Or varying lengths between the threshold and revelations of the problems? Or the fact that the film contains multiple thresholds at all?

>just shut your brain off, bro

>good composition

I don't get this meme at all
are we mocking movie critics or the average audience?

>People who say ''Film is supposed to be entertainment!''
>People who have 2001, Seven Samurai, Citizen Kane, other pleb shit on their top lists
>People who have seen 1 film made before the 50s and think they have taste
>People who like Wes Anderson and think they somehow have taste
>People with most movies on list made in last 20 years
>People who have no foreign language movies listed
>People who think korean cinema is good
>People who have movies from Nolan, Tarantino, Aronofsky, Kubrick, Refn, Snyder on their list
>People who have any comic book movie listed
>People who say comfy/based

Best part? This will apply to 99% of the plebs that will be posting in this thread

'Bad pacing' is a complaint mostly used by idiots, i.e. capeshit fans, who are not used to watching something without a basic three-act structure.

psueds

>People who use the word "pleb"

I don't like Korean cinema, don't care for Wes Anderson and hate comic book movies. Everything else is literally me

Sometimes its a legitimate complaint. See for instance Apocalypse Now normal cut compared to Redux version. Redux version has terrible pacing and it ruins the flow of movie because it takes the viewer out of the feeling of gradual decent into madness.

You might be right, but I think it's a valid complaint. I must be an idiot, but I notice a lot of what I'd consider bad pacing in films that are usually like 90mins long.
But in a lot of cases, it's probably not the original story's fault, it probably had to do something in editing with rushing and cutting stuff out.

You're absolutely right, but the complaint is so often misused these days that it drives me mad.

>there was no character development

youtube.com/watch?v=KseqzmcqQBQ

Redux's pacing is fine for the most part though, it's just THAT scene that kills it

That makes a lot more sense in terms of what bad pacing is, is jumping between extreme emotional tones between scenes.

I apologize for fucking up and killing the thread with actual discussion.

You guys can continue your scheduled memeing.......

I'd rather we have more discussion.

Me too. But OP, inadvertently put forward an actual big-brained wojak topic that merits discussion. And every time that happens and I ask a question about it, it kills the thread.