The fuck did i just watch? i thought this was a good movie, a classic...

the fuck did i just watch? i thought this was a good movie, a classic. I feel like I just got memed on for expecting something great. this was mediocre as fuck. Should I even bother watching the Vol 2 later tonight like I was planning? Sucker Punch was better than this honestly

(You)

@88379710
It flew right over your head but this is Tarantino's masterpiece.

You've just revealed your pleb status by not realising what inspirations he's drawing on for Kill Bill.

It's ok though, not everyone can be as well versed in international cinema conventions as the rest of us.

You're in luck though. I still think they're showing Wonder Woman in your local cinema.

>that woman deserves her revenge...and we...we deserve to die

why is it so good brehs?

ok, so because I don't recognize all that shit he stole from that makes me a pleb? hahaha. it's still shit tho. making references to other better movies does not automatically make it actually good you fucking PLEB. You Tarantino cucks are all so easily amused.

Volume 2 is better. But when you say Sucker Punch was better that makes me think you are baiting anyway

yea, bait confirmed

I remember talking to kids like you around the time Vol. 2 came out and we all thought you were a faggot.

yeah Sucker Punch is a good deal better

i tend to like tarantino but these films are his definite weak spot.

I honestly think it's Tarantino's greatest. It's sincere, stylish and memorable. I love every little thing in Kill Bill - the characters, the worldbuilding, the music. It's so great, I fucking love Kill Bill.

go away

I feel the same way, but for all of his movies.
Some of them are a good watch and fine waste if time but they are VERY overrated

Sucker Punch was fucking awful

It's a nonsense film

Only worth watching either of them for David Carradine. Otherwise just watch a jap/kor movie.

Pulp Fiction was his best movie, nothing else of his works came even close.

the style and silliness of both are similarly exploitative and kill any serious vibes, but snyder blows tarantino out of the park when it comes to visual splendor and it's way more thematically interesting than anything in a fucking kill bill film. it's still one of snyder's weakest works (if not the weakest) but i dig it a good deal.

It's a master piece and Taramtino's greatest work. What didn't you understand?

More directors should make two-parters. Allows for so much more freedom. Nymphomaniac was fucking terrible, though.

>Should I even bother watching the Vol 2 later tonight like I was planning?
Yes. Vol. 2 is way better than the first part, it's where Tarantino shoved all the story.

Vol 1 has story it's not spoon fed. Through cinematic language we learn O-Ren and The Bride were best friends, The Brides real name and more

Vol 1 > Vol 2

>first viewing
>don't get it, think it's just overrated shit
>told i'm a pleb because i dont get the references
>bingewatch the entire shaw bros catalog, the canon of spaghetti western and french new wave, the filmographies of kenji misumi, sam peckinpah, tsui hark, mario bava, fukasaku, jean pierre melville and john woo, alongside many obscure gems and cult classics from arthouse to grindhouse etc etc etc. I discover the wonders of genre cinephilia and mature as a sophisticated and cultured individual who can appreciate subtext and mise en scene of true kino in the most intuitive way known to mankind thanks to my now autistic extensive knowledge of film theory and history
>rewatch kill bill finally ready to revel in its post-modernist collage and metatextual framework
>it's shit compared to the originals and tarantulla is just a derivative hack
I just wanted to enjoy kill billl!!!

You can. It's just a lone wolf and cub story....yes it's built on the semiotic conventions created by the films you mentions....but it's the mythology built ontop of that that can be easily enjoyed on surface level.

Kill Bill Vol 1 is Tarantino's best movie. But it is still a Tarantino movie.