Starts off a literal10/10

>starts off a literal10/10
>drops to a 5/10 midway

What the heck went wrong?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=NjJPjAkLXS8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The fact that Lynch is obviously processing the assignment by regarding it all as surrealist mouth-noises and texture, instead of taking the narrative at all seriously, becomes limiting when the plot details start piling up.

t. pleb

pretty good fantasy movie from a non fan perspective.

It meanders a lot after the ship crashes

The design of Arrakis and the Fremen is so bad. The desert sets are either an ugly veil of orange across the screen or a lifeless grey, and the Fremen look like coal-mining ninjas with no sense of place or culture. As much as I love the art direction for the rest of the movie they just sort of give up midway.

everything Lynch does dies in the middle because he films the ending first, then the beginning so by the time he gets to the middle, he loses interest

really too much to cover for the book
should have been an ongoing tv series

I think the narrative works better as a self-contained thing, like a single epic statement. You don't have to include everything from the book, the trick is achieving a good balance.

>Movie becomes 10/10 again when it ends with Kyle MacLaughlin in a knife fight with Sting for some reason

Name a better ending, i'll wait.

I disagree, it became 10/10 when they blasted though that bigass wall with a nuke and that sick riff started playing

The SyFy miniseries really is better

This.

maybe if you read books, nerd.

Put the Sci Fi cast in the Lynch sets. Perfection.

WOW! another Lynch thread on Sup Forums.

You're out of your mind. The casting is immaculate.
youtube.com/watch?v=NjJPjAkLXS8

>goes into a thread to discuss a subject he doesn't like

>88384770
I could barely make it past the first episode. Not only did I find it just plain boring but there were so many pointless detours added in that it baffles me to think that fans wank themselves dry over it's adaptation.

This.

its a good Lynch movie. not a good Dune movie.

It's a Dune thread. Where else can we discuss Dune?

I haven't seen the film, but that's kind of how the big goes.
Starts off slow paced but great, then suddenly it gets fast paced and rushed. Time just flies by and it's difficult to adjust to the time difference.
Paul is also the main pov for a lot more of the 2nd half, which is bad because he's rather dull - especially compared to the other characters.

>big goes
Meant book