She tells him she doesn't want a serious relationship

>She tells him she doesn't want a serious relationship
>they then cuddle and kiss and have shower sex for months on end
>she keeps leading him on but he doesn't feel like they are actually a couple and wants her to feel the same way
>they split and then she gets engaged
Why is he the bad guy again? If she didn't want a serious relationship then why did she lead him on for months to only get engaged?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rrcEZZjN0QU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Because women

Who said he was the bad guy?

I see most people say he overreacted when she just wanted to be friends and that he got too attached.

this movie hit me like a French truck. I legit cried after watching this. fucking women

the reality vs expectations part fucking kills me

Fuck off, from the very start she told him she didn't want anything serious. It's not her fault he was a beta who got feelings.

This may even be bait but there are tons of white knights on Sup Forums who have been saying this nonsense about this movie for years

this shit broke my lil heart when i was 13

Sup Forumseddit movie for betas.

He was just the beta guy girls sometimes date between Chads. They're "safe" but they don't want to go "ye, I'll marry you one day!" because they know they'd end up cucking them with Chad anyway.

Best movie about relationship nowadays. I love it. Agree with OP 100%

yeah that's why she's the antagonist. it doesn't make his fucking kissy boy attitude any better.

dude, i gotta vent.

this movie was the first redpill for me.
i didn't know it was, but I thought it was a bluepill.

I was 16 watching this movie and it was almost a introduction to oneitis.
honestly i've made a point in avoiding girls like this. Because I still can't figure out what he did wrong, short of telling her to fuck off, or even engaging her the minute she showed up to his place in the rain saying sorry and shit after she made it clear a relationship wasn;t on the table.

I tried for years to zero in on what he did wrong and it was at the beginning.

He tried so hard to make her like him for real.
she would come over to his place and fuck around and say all this lovey shit, but he was just an emotional garbage can.

And they made this clear in the movie.

she was his lifes validation.

she was his THE ONE.

but she was an emotionally deprived bitch, and he was warned of this, and he stiill made her out to be better than what he already knew she was.

JGL makes it clear he was the selfish asshole for putting his fantasies onto her, when she literally came to his place so she can keep her comfy manipulated pillow beta.

then the girl at the end Autumn was supposed to be a consolation.

Fuck this movie.

Im 25 and this shit started the manic pixey dream girl craze.

He's white so it'z inferred.

Because this board is filled with numales.

I know those feel bros.

fuck when he sat there alone drinking his beer thinking the night was gonna turn out with him getting the girl, but instead he sees her engagement ring. fuuck im raging with 9 years of relationship feels.

That cunt knew what she was doing, then she went to his favorite spot and engaged him KNOWING he'd end up there and just wanted to clear his head.

"summer I do hope you're happy"

It's been a while since I've watched this and I didn't like the film and hate the director. However, I feel like there are several scenes that clearly communicate why Zooey would not be interested in a serious relationship with this guy.

This one: youtube.com/watch?v=rrcEZZjN0QU

There clearly isn't enough chemistry here to sustain a long term relationship.

>"Tom: I need to know that you're not going to wake up tomorrow morning and feel differently

>Summer: And I can't give you that. Nobody can."

should have dropped her right there.

She's awful, he's weak and stupid. I don't know why anyone ever enjoyed this shit movie.

Also, the guy in this clip eventually ends up marrying Zooey in the film.

>I just got my ass kicked for you
>but I didn't want you too
>wut

Chick was crazy

he didn't have to punch the guy. Tom thinks he got his ass kicked for her, but in actuality he just did it because his ego was bruised.

So chad win again

>tfw this happened to me irl
>tfw I madeher to be better than she actually was
>tfw I was her pillow beta to vent and cuddle all her emotional problems away
>tfw sex was awkward because she wasn't in to me and I knew it so I couldn't just let my mind stop thinking about it
>tfw she still went back to chad
There's a lesson that I'm supposed to learn from this but honestly I feel like I would make the same mistakes all over again

>I need to know that you're not going to wake up tomorrow morning and feel differently
FUCK THIS LINE FUCKING KILLS ME

WHY DO THEY HAVE TO CHANGE THEIR MIND SO FUCKING MUCH WITHOUT TELLING ME

yea that and he just punched the guy without finishing him. He should have stopped when his girl begged him to stop, not a second before.

>mfw she gets angry at him after this scene because he showed he was feeling insecure and couldn't stand up to the fratboy like a man
Also at the start the protag is saying something interesting and she just shrugs him off while talking about a tattoo.

She would've still looked down on him for taking it like a bitch in the corner sipping his drink

>WHY DO THEY HAVE TO CHANGE THEIR MIND SO FUCKING MUCH WITHOUT TELLING ME

because they don't share their feeling unless it's to manipulate you. The rest of the time is guesswork on your end.

best strategy is always have a half open door for them and point at it at every opportunity.
And just don't take that shit.. her feelings are always your last priority except on birthdays and at her place.

>chick being a emotional bitch
>theres the door,
>no matter what.
NEVER BEG HER TO STAY

Im there wit ya man.

don't make the same mistakes, oneway trip to WANNAKILLMUHSELF land

Dude no
We obviously invented that game.
90% of the time the movie would be reversed in reality.

chad invented this game

were tom showing off our hipster knowledge ever so gleefully hoping she'd love us back because she's into that stuff too. but she won't

she wants chad.

Tom clearly liked Summer. He wanted a real relationship with her. In the beginning, Summer clearly stated that she just wanted a nsa/fwb relationship. She never got her feelings involve. Tom seemed like a fun, attractive guy to be around so summer just went with the flow of things. Tom, being an idiot thinking he could change that, opened up his heart to her too early , too quick. He let her in too soon and summer could do what she wanted with him. The thing with relationships is that if you and your partner are too alike (meaning liking the same things) it will probably never work because one of you will get bored of the relationship( a bit of frictions is always good in relationships). Thats what happened with summer. Maybe her feelings did get involved but she started to get bored of tom. Tom tried hard to win her over but it was too late. The sex and kissing is all part of having a 'fwb'. Tom just didnt realize that.

i dont think summer is a bitch or evil or anything like that. we all had our own version of 'summer'. this movie ,imo, is a perfect example of what a guy goes through when meeting women and trying to build a relationship with someone that will never be yours.

Thats how i interpret the movie anyway, i might be wrong. ive had my own summer.not exactly like the movie but every time i watch it reminds me of her.the scene that gets me is the expectations vs reality.

This I thought that was the whole point

fuck, your post hit hard. I had my own Summer too and she didn't see me as a boyfriend type but still had sex and kissed on my bed all the time. She still went back to her bf constantly and I let her in and told her everything about me even the embarrassing things I don't tell anyone. I guess I didn't realize what she wanted until it was too late.

yea, its kind of a 'dog eat dog' kind of world when it comes to dating, relationships, and women. You either use or get used by someone. in the karaoke bar scene, summer says 'who needs love? we're young!' or something like that and in a way i agree with her. its common to see young adults getting married in their early 20's just for them to get divorced in their late 20's or early 30's. i think the reason this happens is because people want to grow up quickly. they want their dream job, with their dream house, and be married to the perfect person. but thats not going to happen. our 20's is a time when we learn how to become adults, experience new things, and enjoying the last bit of youth that we have. we're young, full of life ahead of us. marriage is not a joke and its not like having a gf or bf. im not saying to not date or meet people just don't take things too seriously.

another line i like from the movie is "just because she like the same crap you doesn't meant she's your soulmate". the word love gets thrown around too easily and gets misused a lot. take things slow when meeting someone, opening too fast is bad for the heart. build something with a person who you think is worth it.