OUR BOY DENNY WITH THE HITS

OUR BOY DENNY WITH THE HITS

ONE AFTER ANOTHER, CAN HE BE STOPPED??????????

I feel like this guy came out of nowhere and now he's making great films left and right

more importantly, what will Armond say?

the opposite of whatever the consensus is

>dat average rating
It's a keeper

embrace your anger

Armond likes his movies

>extremely hyped, recognizable property gets pre-screened to eager fans
>ends up with a near perfect rating
what...the....what could explain...

Villenueve came out of nowhere and is the best filmmaker in hollywood. Based as fuck

reminder that mad max fury road is one of the greatest films of all time according to reddit tomatoes

the explanation is that the director is one of the best modern directors in Hollywood with great movies like Incendies, Prisoners, Polytechnique, Enemy, Sicario, and Arrival.

you really shouldn't post rotten tomatoes scores for something that isn't out yet. There are quite a few paid shills who write reviews for things and the audience reviews haven't come in yet meaning it only shows people who want to see it not how many people thought it was good.

So how is it that his movies succeed?
If he telling producers, and investors to fuck off, or is he giving them complete control and taking the credit?

As far as I know movies are made like a big chemistry mess, everyone throwing in what they want thinking it will be trendy, and whatever makes it to the final cut, oh well at that point it is whatever it is.

What is this guy doing that so many don't?

It is one of the greatest action movies of all time

a lot of people thought Boondock Saints was good

lol

>what is this guy doing that so many don't
direct competently

He half-asses it and panders to plebs

He is the perfect example of an dishonest filmmaker, the kind that Reddit worships.

>Enemy
>a movie for plebs
but please go on about how you think Arrival is a time travel movie :^)

based

You'll get it in a few yaers when you watch more film. I was just as bad as you a while ago.

>He half-asses it
You Disney shills aren't even trying anymore

You're right, maybe in a few years enough of my brain cells would have died so I too can enjoy my Batman flicks

There's no stopping him

villenueve is the "serious" film equivalent of disney trash along with nolan, you'll understand in a few years.

What kind of director is Denis relative to, say, a master of the craft like Nolan?

you'll understand in a few years that WB is the only studio making real film

Explain how he's dishonest.

No wonder no one takes you morons seriously holy fuck, this is embarrassing

>What is this guy doing that so many don't?
He isn't though

His movies don't do anything special.
They are just competently made movies that take no risks

His first risky move will be trying to adapt Dune.

like I said, you'll understand in a few years, I thought the same as you, now I'm not as stupid.

>sci-fi
>risky
nope, his first risky film was Polytechnique

He lye in his movies aka dishones.

Cringe.

No it isn't. It has good stunts, but that doesn't make it a good action movie. Movies require more than just one thing to be good.

>action movies
no they don't really

risk isn't defined by it's genre, especially when all sci-fi that isn't Star Wars is flopping

He's a "substance over style" director.

He's a "mass appeal over artistic integrity" kind of director

Yes they do really. (great argument here)

sci-fi is literally having its boom years since Interstellar

Oh shit, meant "style over substance".

Incendies is still his best movie.

except his films have zero substance

yet not a single good sci-fi movie has been released recently, amazing

He's a mediocre director.

His movies leave you satisfied, but a week later you have a hard time remembering them.

you haven't argued anything either dumbfuck

>when all sci-fi that isn't Star Wars is flopping
stick with one narrative mmm k

>Interstellar
>sci-fi

Barely. It was more of a space drama that tried way too hard to be 2deep4u.

Ex Machina was good.

im not the same person idiot

Except Arrival.

The second half of that movie was stupid (on-the-nose, pretentious, simplistic).

then don't reply if you don't understand the argument then??

umm back the fuck off?

>It has good stunts, but that doesn't make it a good action movie. Movies require more than just one thing to be good.
That's what I said, followed by you saying
>no they don't really

So fuck yourself. At least I strung a couple thoughts together to explain why action by itself does not make a movie good.

armond liked arrival and scicario, it's hard to say

blade runner would be something he would "hate" since it caters to nostalgic millennials and has a near consensus approval

Good thing it has amazing cinematography, characters, plot, pacing, and music then :^)

The only good part of Arrival is when they meet the aliens for the first time.

t. rotten tomato approved """critic"""

This, there's around 30 mins or so where it's a pretty decent movie and the rest is just bland

>amazing plot, characters

I like Fury Road too, but you and i know both know this is bullsiht.

Not an argument

A boiled hotdog is still a meal :^)

you've been outed, begone.

>pretentious but also simplistic

>characters, plot, pacing, and music then
Characters? no.
plot? no.
pacing and music? subjective.

dumbfuck

>dishonest filmmaker

I guarantee that you read that somewhere and now pretend to present it as your own thought. I also guarantee you havent seen polytechnique or incendies.

Denis is a good director. Nothing special but well above the hollywood average (i.e. shit)

Arrival would have worked better if it was a short movie.

Yep, would've been far more interesting

Arrival was literally adapted from a short story

>literally shilling a specific company over other fil. Companies as "real"
>the same one that made WE WUZ SUICIDE SKWADDD
>THIS HERE IS KATANA

kys

I'm just going for Ana

theres something real fishy in naming ALL your movies by single words.

I was hoping this shit would flop. Fuck my life.

>those fucking spoilers
>that fucking twist
It really is reddit shit and it makes perfect sense why the capeshit critics are praising it

wouldnt this guy be the ideal choice for continuing the Alien franchise?

you mean the same critics that bashed on Batman vs Superman and Suicide Squad?

Man it's funny seeing the damage control once Sup Forums is proven wrong. You'd think you idiots would be more used to this huh?

Enemy is great but the rest is decent yet unremarkable

This

Hes essentially the new nolan/fincher

Denis is singlehandedly saving kinography

Very true.
rundown for newfriends:
(Tarantino, Alejandro González Iñárritu, Wes Anderson, Christopher Nolan, Alex Garland, Paul Thomas Anderson, Nicholas Refn, Tom Hooper, Tyler Perry, Rian Johnson, Alfonso Cuaron, Noah Baumbach, Andrea Arnold, David Yates, Denis Vilenueve, James Franco, Steve McQueen) are intellectually bankrupt moral whores and charlatans; their films appeal to the modern phenomenon of the 'Pretend Epic' or Pseudo Cinema, often tied to the criticism that "It was a movie that thought it was a film" they have no ideas of their own and are filmed purely to have fancy essays made about them. They obfuscate their lack of insight under a smug impenetrable irony and often contain scenes with disingenuous attempts at depth with characters spouting platitudes that the director takes VERY seriously.
This directly panders to the IMDb reddit sensibility of quote circlejerking since these hacks are masters of the fools wit, "Quipping" (Not to be confused with the marvel co-opting of the word) , it sounds smart, cool and worldly but in reality there's nothing of substance, the Revenant's attempt at spiritualism was cheap and laughable and whilst someone like Malick has considered his philosophy, Inaurritu wears his introspection on his sleeve to give his film a false sense of depth with pathetic sermonising.

THIS is Dishonest Filmmaking.
They leech the greater works that preceded them; like The Enemy being a rip off Eraserhead, but they have nothing else to say.
They act under the guise of deconstruction with surface layer obvious 'social commentary' and a quirky forgettable score praised as 'innovative'. They are all inauthentic sycophants that rely on oscar buzz and post 9/11 detachment for relevance

These directors are hacks and will be forgotten to time

Some notably earnest filmmakers include, but are not limited to
>Mike Leigh
>The Coen Brothers
>Werner Herzog
>James Cameron
>Mel Gibson
>Terrence Malick
>Gaspar Noe
>Clint Eastwood

>jewish tomatoes
>proving anything wrong
nice try shills

>Hes essentially the new nolan/fincher
lol no. Villememe hasn't made a movie as good as Memento or Seven yet.

Reddit

I feel like Villeneuve is Quebec's redemption after giving the rest of the world Celine Dion. We are sorry, still.

>CAN HE BE STOPPED
No

So you are saying a sequal to a highly respected and acclaimed of the original blade runner is not risky? He managed to take whats difficult in creating a sequal and made it just as good as the original if not better.

Congrats, you are literally autistic and no one reads your shit post.

This scene giving me a nonsexual boner since the first time I seen it getting hard to walk

>Tfw French Canada will become a cultural powerhouse in your lifetime

>one guy sperging out because he thought the movie was going to be shit from a blue and orange poster

But the Disney fans like Villeneuve sweetie ;)

Consequence of Sound gave it a perfect score, something the elitist hipsters on that site seldom do. CoS tries to be the pitchfork of movie reviews. Some interesting quotes.

>You can even find shades of Her in some scenes with Gosling and his Amazon Echo-like personal assistant

>Las Vegas has been bombed out and covered in radiation, San Diego is one huge landfill, and the West Coast is walled off from the impossibly empty Pacific Ocean by a huge dam.

>Gosling imbues K with a trembling vulnerability. In a world of concrete, steel, and neon, it’s positively electric to begin seeing the cracks of humanity forming in Gosling’s otherwise Drive-like stoicism.

>Even the script’s occasional dips into “hero’s journey” conventionality are quickly subverted, and serve to accentuate the mythic nature of K’s story.

Variety 100
EW 91
Screen Int 90
THR gave it the lowest positive score with 70

This aggregate seems legit and permanent, lads. Looks like we got another keeper from the V/Deakins combo.

Reminder this guy's next big project is DUNE My body is fucking ready

Denis is a shitty Jonathan Glazer

That's still pretty decent

Let's see your credentials then.