(fat) bitch at work recommends Sherlock to me because I said I like mysteries

>(fat) bitch at work recommends Sherlock to me because I said I like mysteries
>tell her I watched a few episodes, didn't really care for it
>she asks why
>explain how it feels badly written and they don't seem to focus a lot on Holmes actually using deductive reasoning, just pulling solutions out of his ass
>she tells me I'm too used to American shows that have to spell everything out for me
>I tell her it's supposed to be a detective show, not a magic show
>she starts getting defensive and saying I'm probably homophobic (???)
>explain I also don't like how they brought in Moriarty so early and made him the main villain behind all the crimes
>she says that's how it's supposed to be, like Batman needing a Joker
>ask her if she's fucking mental and she calls me "sad and pathetic"
>see her spend the rest of the day gossping to coworkers while staring at me

Is this seriously the Sherlock fanbase?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LkoGBOs5ecM
youtube.com/watch?v=GcLtjIhOUnw
youtube.com/watch?v=bfFgnJoLiQE
youtube.com/watch?v=7LetsxlvtLI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Was it autism?

>(fat) bitch

Yeah

Sherlock is fucking kino if you watch it like a farcical comedy, all of season 3 is downright hilarious.

I can relate op, my gf is British and fucking loves that shit, I personally find it pretty boring how they just run around for a solid hour trying to solve shit and Sherlock being le misunderstood autistic genius drug addict and then at the eleventh hour he just uses literally impossible memory and deduction skills to completely fabricate a solution that happens to be correct. People living outside the UK who love British TV are usually cringe as Fuck

Seems like mostly middle aged faghags that still insist Sherlock is good, especially after S4.

>tumblr has only trained her in how to argue with homophobes
>she tries to steer the argument towards you being homophobic

kekking

I just watched this whole series. It was okay, but most the crimes got solved through really sillly ways which took the mystery out if it because your own deductive reasoning couldn't be used.

It was a very okay watch, but I expected nothing more from Yurop.

Elementary is better imo. You can actually rewatch an episode and notice the clues that were there in plain sight or that Holmes notices and see how he reached his conclusions by the end.

Of course that's the Sherlock fanbase.

ITT: Everyone on Sup Forums is a 14 year old or never stopped sounding like one.

What a random fucking rant.

No, I think you'll find that plenty of 14-year-old girls love Sherlock. Especially the fat, ugly ones who have to pretend that all male fictional characters are gay in order not to hate and fear them as yet more potential sources of rejection in their doomed lives.

The first two series are okay and fun, the second two series are abysmal and trash.

I'd consider watching Elementary if they hadn't taken a fat shit on the material by casting Watson as a woman.

Your choice is between Elementary, where Watson is a woman, or Sherlock, in which acquired learning is depicted as a superpower. I prefer the former.

>it fucking house who would have thunk it

No, House's thinking still looks like thinking, whereas Sherlock's thinking... honestly looks like Dr. Strange shit.

>it's an autistic Ameripoor gets triggered by basic as fuck British TV thread

I'm British, and Sherlock's basicness is the whole problem. It's aimed at people who want to be overwhelmed rather than follow detection.

you should shit in her desk and when she starts complaining and yelling who did it, tell her you know who but don't want to spell everything out for her

You haven't actually read any of the stories, have you?

Except she's great in it and actually has a character arc and uses her medical knowledge to notice things Holmes otherwise wouldn't have in a way that feels believable. It's funny because Watson in Sherlock is so useless he only ever gets kidnapped like a damsel in distress.

This

dude dont even bother
Sherlock fans are legit psychos
dont ask me how i know about this, but they have a whole section of tumblr to themselves

You clearly haven't. Holmes isn't an infallible god among men, he's a brilliant detective.

I've read all of them several times.

>girl at work shows interest in me and tries to find something I'll like
>I insult her and point out how inferior her tastes are liek the asspie I am
>don't understand why she's staring at me

The jokes were too hamfisted and the detective work was retarded.

Watson's role is also completely meaningless in the cases and is basically a shitty comic sidekick. His only job is to offer little emotional support for Holmes and apologize for him. Kinda sad, really. They could've made him a better character. He's supposed to be a doctor, but his knowledge in the autopsy scenes is abysmal.

She's old and fat. Also just left this on my FB.

I'd rather have a female Watson than a superhero Sherlock whose Watson serves no purpose but being le funny Bilbo

Why would anyone be that desperate, though? You're genuinely better off with a wank than talking to a fat tumblrina about her opinions for hours just in order to have the privilege of fucking her while thinking of someone else after she gets drunk and has cried at least once.

>His only job is to offer little emotional support for Holmes and apologize for him
Don't forget getting abducted.

Oh yeah, that really adds to his competence.

The way the viral worked shoot known as "fandom" now preloads people with arguments that they use even when they're inapplicable is something someone should write a New Yorker essay about.

I bet there is a crossover between these people and dr who fans. Liking bendydick cuminsnatch seems to cause cumulative brain damage m.

>didn't read the op
Dingus

Man you must've really fucking jiggled her jelly to have to still thinking about it after work, and enough to have her post it on fb as a passive aggressive status.
Good work my dude.

You should reply and ask what show she's talking about.

there is a way of dealing with incorrigible people

you agree with them, but you change the topic and you never bring it up again. if she presses the point, just say you'll watch the show but make shitty excuses.

Your one mistake here was that you weren't long-winded enough. When office cows bother me with their opinions, I give them a long, considered response that deliberately takes them well past the point of boredom. They never talk to me again. It's wonderful.

You're doing good. You've riled her up. Now you just have to be really cool and gentlemanly and she'll fall hopelessly in love with you.

We had this one bitch where I used to work, she was just as obnoxious, constantly bitching and talking about you behind your back. You know what I did to get back at her? I started cumming into her food and coffee pretty much any chance I could, it went on for a couple weeks, I got her to eat like five or six loads. Eventually I'm hanging with two male co-workers and we're piss drunk and I tell them everything. They decided they want in on it and so we gave her like 20 more loads in total. The best part though is that any time she was around us we'd make subtle puns about it all.

"Look who's here, didn't see you CUM in?"
"I guess I'll just have to SWALLOW my pride and take responsibility"
"The printer's definitely not out of paper, I just HUGE LOAD in there"
"Boy that new employee sure has a lot of SPUNK doesn't he"

I'm just gonna block her. I'm almost positive she's trying to drag me into something she can show HR.

Also we were dying of laughter the whole time, basically any time she came near us. I think she started to think she smelled bad because after a while it was like she'd come to work bathed in perfume.

Smart move user.

Jesus, that sounds like an uncle Ben raimipost

The first episode is probably the only one that is remotely enjoyable to watch.

I don't know why Moffat is so insistent on making his main characters the sole focus of their entire respective universes whilst making them deeply unlikeable at the same time.

Most of the crimes have zero clues that the viewer can either see or deduce anything from and too many of the criminals are fucking big picture villains instead of criminals who are good at hiding evidence that goes back to them.

Fuck Moffat.

if this is true, nice

the first episode is still tad bit retarded and shows Sherlock being incredibly stupid, even when he's portrayed as a genius.

Don't worry user that's the natural process when someone watches something foreign for the first time specially doingso being this fucking old, just step back off the whole thing.

It also name drops Moriarty for no reason. We haven't even seen Sherlock solve normal crimes and he's already met a hired gun for Moriarty. It's even more hilarious when he tells Sherlock to stop prying even though the first ep makes it clear he started it by baiting him.

Aye. Almost every case it's the criminal working for Moriarty, it's fucking ridiculous.

>I can relate op, my gf is British and fucking loves that shit
its not because shes british, its her cunt thats the problem. women seem to love it, tumblr was fanatical about it

How is that nice? It's just a sex crime.

how is it not? it makes for a hilarious story and a nice revenge tale, too.

>actual police investigators are either completely absent or are portrayed as massive retards who ruin the crime scene

Moffat isn't even capable of making his characters clever. He just makes everyone else around them retards.

that guy is a cum drinking retard but that video is pretty much spot on

Actually Lucy Liu is the second Watson. First one died.

post this on her facebook.

>see her spend the rest of the day gossiping to coworkers while staring at me

>autist goes on 4chins to brag about this outcome
>instead of just telling (fat) bitch, "Oh yeah, I watched a couple of episodes, it's okay!"
>next time she asks, simply say "Sorry, haven't been able to find time...my hobby is taking off, eating up a lot of my time. Did they catch Moriarty yet?"

Enjoy unemployment when she poisons the well to your boss.

>I'm almost positive she's trying to drag me into something she can show HR.
better keep that FB screencap, it wont help much but it can atleast show shes instigating

>Is this seriously the Sherlock fanbase?
Yes. Just avoid them.

>in Elementary an entire SWAT team is deployed to break into the house of a suspected child murderer
>in Sherlock, Moriarty is literally strapping explosives to people and blowing them up and it's just Sherlock, Watson and the chief on the phone with one of the victims while the rest of the precinct acts like it's another Tuesday

sherlock uses inductive reasoning, not deductive

More convective if anything.

Sadly this user, you fucked up the moment you thought it was worth it to argue with her. You did good blocking her she will most likely try to get you peeved at her but stay strong, don't fall for it my man.

Gotta have a complex conspiracy user :)

A series of complex but unrelated crimes which require an unorthodox detective to solve them would be boring :))))

Also, we've gotta have whole episodes in our limited season dedicated to the personal problems and lives of our main characters!!!

Fucking hell most of the third series was just Sherlock talking about his family troubles. Also, Mortiarty actually killing himself in some elaborate ruse conducted by Sherlock's sister to mess with him is so retarded it's hard to discuss without being flippant.

Also, I'm still mad that they ruined the Victorian episode by making it some stupid mind palace bullshit.

>That whole plot about Watson's secret spy/commando/mastermind wife.
That was one of the most embarassingly awuful things i've ever seen in my whole life. What were they thinking?

Don't forget Mary Watson leaving not one but TWO dvds talking about how Sherlock and Watson are a match made in heaven. I wondered why she was so ugly then I found out she was Freeman's irl wife. That's disgusting levels of nepotism.

And it's laughable how Watson's wedding scene focused on fucking Sherlock all the time, instead of, you know, the guy who's actually getting fucking married.

Another thing which rubs me the wrong way is the audience always getting information about certain characters through unsubtle exposition and it's usually "this guy did this cool thing, blah blah", but we rarely, if ever, get to see them actually doing something cool. Also, why does Sherlock need to be fucking perfect all the time?

i laffed

What was up with her hiding across the globe only for Sherlock to bring the assassin to her? What purpose did that serve? None, none at all...

>Sherlock-senpai you are such an asshole we are not pals anymore
>"Watson please"
>Tee hee Sherlock-senpai i love you so much let's go on adverntures!

How many fucking times are they gonna do this shit?

for as long as you keep watching it

>1:49:52

Dear me, no! Excessive!

Well Sherlock is a good series, it's just way too overhyped by the ridiculous Doctor Who fanbase. Also I prefer Jonny Lee Miller's Sherlock to Cumberbatch's autistic robotic Sherlock

>"Hey Sherlock, how do you think this man died?"
>"He was killed by a 7ft tall assassin, one of the deadliest in the world that's never been brought up until just now."

just watch the first 5-10 minutes he starts talking about it and the boomerang scene, that's all you need to know.

>Sherlock
>good
How?

>Ask a girl if she's "fucking mental"
>act surprised when she takes offensive

It's funny to see Miller's Sherlock actually doing things like apologizing and respecting his peers, while Cumberbatch's Sherlock acts like everyone around him is just a stupid child, even his supposed friend Watson.

The original Sherlock was closer to Miller's interpretation. He might've been frustrated with his peers on occasion, but he was never contemptuous. Elementary not only shows Sherlock being respectful of Joan, but also the police chief and anyone else who seems to be a decent human being or an intellectual equal.

Weird to see the "dumbed down American remake" doing character development so much better.

She should've been fine with it seeing as how she enjoys a show where the MC talks down to his peers.

It's really good, I'm at 43 min mark atm and it's very enjoyable when he talks about Sherlock, there's scenes about house and dr who that are skippable.

I really liked series 1 + 2. 3 was bad and 4 was the worst tv I've ever seen

Season four was bizarrely awful. That Mycroft horror house schlick was very strange.

Why can't anyone find me a webm of Watson autistically screeching after his wife dies in the aquarium it was one of the funniest things I have ever seen that was supposed to be a dramatic moment.

youtube.com/watch?v=GcLtjIhOUnw
I gottchu fampai

HAHAHAhAHAH WHAT THE FUCK WAS THAT, IS HE TAKING A FUCKING DUMP OR WHAT? OH BOY, PEOPLE ACTUALLY FELT SAD DURING THIS SCENE, HAVEN'T THEY? HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA.

i can't believe i used to like this fuckin show

file a complaint with HR that she called you fat and homophobic for recommending she watch Sherlock.

youtube.com/watch?v=bfFgnJoLiQE

What does Sup Forums think of this?

>cuts off at the good part
WHAT THE FUCK POST THE WHOLE SCENE user

Even if he's a raging SJW faggot, this guy's analysis is pretty good:

>those comments
holy shit

youtube.com/watch?v=7LetsxlvtLI
*autistic screeching intensifies*

>EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHh

>How To Film Thought
Jesus christ. That beats How To Animate Light.

No, it's just a particular kind of fan that no matter what show they defend, they won't accept any different opinion.
I liked Sherlock, but i think it's mostly due to the acting of Cumberbatch rather than the way they shot the stories. I still think the best Holmes was Jeremy Brett.

>Is this seriously the Sherlock fanbase?
It was mostly consists of teenage British girls, the last time I was following this show