POLL

who is the rightful heir to the iron throne?

strawpoll.me/14048632

None of them. Robert took the throne by right of conquest, breaking Targaryen claims and invalidating Daenerys and Jon. With Robert dead it would go to the next male Baratheon, With them dead it would go up the tree to find an heir. In the books at least the Lanister family would be next in line through a marriage a couple generations back, so I guess Jamie or Tyrion depending on whether Kingsguard vows still count and whether kinslaying, desertion and treason invalidate claims. If they do, then Kevan Lanister.

S T A N N I S
T
A
N
N
I
S

Stannis had the strongest claim by line of Succession, though Jon has a very Strong claim to the throne, with Daenerys, ironically, having the weakest claim.
Cersei is nothing but a usurper, who just doesn't seem to understand that might only makes right after a decade of so of uncontested rule. If we allow Cersei to have a claim, then any tinpot noble has a claim.
This assumes that all of Robert's bastards are dead and are invalid in terms of succession.

>breaking Targaryen claims
But user the Baratheons are Targaryens

Does being a bastard invalidate the claim?

I'm not familiar with how it works in this hyper progressive """medieval""" setting, but unless they were legitimized before Robert's death, no.

Bastards don't get shit unless they're legitimized. Even then it's an icky situation because of Blackfyre fucking shits.

I mean, no, they don't have a claim.

I mean technically Cersei did usurp the throne so her

>No Stannis
Reddit out out out

>no nightking

He's dead.

>showfags

Didn't Georgie HAR HAR Marty give the producers the cliff notes version of his book?

>Dany and Cersei are women
>Jon is a blackfyre fucking shit
>Vicerys is dead
>Stannis is the rightful heir assuming he isn't dead

If Stannis is dead then the rightful king is the closest male Baratheon

Jon has factually the best claim.

Cersei has ZERO claim and it reeks of D&D OC that she should reign after Tommen's death.

The Estermonts

Stannis is dead

How?

>Stannis had the strongest
>Stannis had the
>Stannis had
>had

Baratheons are all dead

D E A D
E
A
D

D U M D U M
U
M
D
U
M

who?

You mean to tell me Robert didn't have a SINGLE male uncle, great uncle or cousin?

i mean she was the only one there and probably just barked orders that got followed because she had such influence for so long and had been replacing important people with ones loyal to her for a while. its not an actual claim but whos going to tell her otherwise?

The rightful heir is whoever sits on it. Might is right. If you manage to get to that point them you deserve it.

Well if we go by the show and not the books house Estermont should inherit the throne because its based on feudal society