Other urls found in this thread:

instagram.com/nesseltalfilm/
youtube.com/watch?v=wsgSq13zTbs
youtube.com/watch?v=FEtvkH56UcU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Guignol
youtube.com/watch?v=HrPgDwBa21w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

love that one

The Borderlands is another favorite of mine.

Abominable
Dark Water
The Keep
Pulse
Jeepers Creepers
House

Make sure y'all've seen the nip Ringu too

What's up with it being called The Final Prayer on imdb?

I remember some movie about people going cave diving and there were monsters beneath but can't remember the name, I remember it being fun.

they changed the title for some reason, idk.

sounds like The Descent. Were they all women?

This movie was surprisingly good. Second part apparently is coming out next month and the description is literally the same

The cave

Maybe, it's been so fucking long. I thought the monsters had wings or something.

instagram.com/nesseltalfilm/

Watch for it

That was it.

fuck off shill faggot

the hound of the baskervilles (1939). such a great film, probably the best sherlock adaptation, unless i'm missing something too obvious.

this but unironically

A Dark Song (unless it already became a meme)

bump

posting the precedent in horror kino

>A Dark Song (unless it already became a meme)
i tried

30 MORE DAYS TIL HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN HALLOWEEN
30 MORE DAYS TIL HALLOWEEN
SILVER SHAMROCK

NA vs EU title. I'm pretty sure Final Prayer is the altered NA title while Borderlands is the original

The Tunnel is one of my favorites, low budget Aussie film kind of similar to OP's flick but without the awful ending and annoying National Treasure shit.

Watch it, its good

That's more surrealism than horror, user

Great film.

Mum and Dad (2008)

A Polish immigrant to the UK finds herself in the home of a depraved murderer and his sick family.

It's brutal.

>TANGLES! TANGLES! TANGLES!

This episode is honestly the scariest shit I have ever seen

Eden Lake (2008)

A middle class couple journey to a secluded lake in a rough part of England. Over the course of their holiday they get on the wrong side of some local kids and find themselves trapped and fighting for their lives.

Great atmosphere.

Kill List (2011)

After a botched job, two hitmen get back into work with a seemingly straightforward hit. They soon find out there is much more to the story and things spiral out of control.

are all brits like this

I'm from a similar part of the UK and I didn't find it unreasonable at all. Especially the whole "not my kids" attitude.
There are dangerous families that everyone knows to stay away from on most estates,

Idk I kinda feel like they deserve what happens to them..

This movie actually really fucked me up, disturbing as fuck and played on my mind for months after watching it.

t u n n e l
s c e n e

For like 5 years now, I've spent October watching horror movie per day
The issue is there really aren't any interesting ones out there that I haven't seen and I'd rather not watch garbage
>Abominable
>The keep
haven't seen those, mite check em out
There are also new ones.
Taking suggestions

It's not the best genre for choice in all honesty.
Every so often I find a gem though, or I broaden my definition as to what really constitutes as "horror" and find something to satiate my desire. in a similar fashion. Just got to sift through the shit and keep looking.

What are the most interesting ones you've seen? preferably more psychological rather than gore. Thanks.

>It's not the best genre for choice in all honesty.
Yeah, I kinda get that but I enjoy horror and usually I can find good things even from kinda shitty horror movies And it's always cool to find something that feels really fresh or original, though that happens rarely.

You can't beat a good old fashioned ghost story.

Pfft some rich idiots get rekt by a few children. Not ghost children or anything. Just regular children. How beta can you be?

ok, faggot

Never saw any of the films, but I enjoyed the book a lot. Perfect reading material for autumn.

First one that comes to mind that's bit lesser known I guess would be Berberian Sound Studio, though I'm not sure how fair the label 'horror' is to the movie.
Funny Games is a classic, go watch it if you haven't seen it. And that brings Resolution to mind, I really enjoyed the atmosphere of that one, kind of a weird one though probably not for everyone.
Witch is also really good for atmosphere.
Tale of Two Sisters is bretty gud
Devils Backbone is a good one, people always recommend Orphanage but it really didn't feel like horror movie to me at all.
Pan's Labyrinth has kinda horror movie vibes to it but it's more of a 'fairytale for adults' I guess
The Machinist is really good but goes more towards thriller than horror probably
Personally I really enjoyed Session 9 but I think that one really divides people
The Shining, The Haunting and Psycho are obvious classics

>The issue is there really aren't any interesting ones out there that I haven't seen
You most likely haven't seen any Universal and Hammer classics, so watch those.

I have
Used to love those as a kid

fuck yeah i love that movie. super underrated.

>IT
desu it's the best horror movie in some time. deal.

Anyone got more like this or Lovely Molly?
Strange noises, pounding doors, weird voices.
Not safe in your own home kinda stuff?

>A supernatural skeptic sets off to debunk paranormal sightings using low frequency sound waves in an abandoned subway station and is met with unforeseen evil and eerie memories.

Anyone seen it yet?

One of the best horror movies in years.

Only movie better would be Knucklebones.

On Netflix

Is this a Save the green planet remake?

Sweet

Yeah this one was pretty good

>the description is literally the same
yeah except he's open about being a serial killer now

Grave Encounters
Grave Encounters 2
I expected both of them to be shit, but i got some nice impossible space Kino out of it.

They get stranded in dense woodland that they are unfamiliar with.

Also, they aren't kids they're teenage boys with big dogs and knives.

The male protagonist gets a deep wound from the get go, so it's really just a woman.

>they aren't kids, they're teenage boys
That's for the courts to decide..

Also worth noting that
The woman does not in fact get killed by the kids at all, she kills a few of them then gets strangled by another adult.

pure shit

Kind of. It's more of an accurate representation than say Sherlock. The fact it is pretty realistic is what makes it terrifying.

Society

I've been watching some French horror recently.

Martyrs was okay. There was something too impersonal about the main characters though, so I didn't feel too much of what the girl was going trough in the second half. The movie felt very cerebral in the second part, not emotional like the first part.

High Tension was too much like Dean Koontz's Intensity for my taste, but still a good movie.

Inside was great, but very flawed and over the top. Still, it was the best one for me. Grand Guignol Horror almost-Kino! The cinematography seems to have been influenced greatly by The Grudge and The Ring, but it's not the same kind of movie.

Mutants was an average zombie movie. Very predictable and by the number. The makeup was good though.

Bloody Mallory was shit and wasn't even funny.

Cannibale was okay. Pacing problems, but worth the watch.

The Lords of Salem

It was great. On par with The VVitch I'd say.

Anyone got some good zombie movies? I really liked Biozombie, and I was planning on watching Return of the Living dead.

Great movie, but I'm not watching it a second time. It was THAT effective. Shit messed me up. Unlike the Last House remake, it never went full action movie retard in the last act.

you have bad opinions

Return is okay, but not that great. It's FUN though. The kind of movie you would have loved to death as a 13 yo.

Forgot I watched this and I think there's a reason why, it's fucked up. The moral of the story is basically evil begets evil ad infinitum

Did you enjoy the movie? I could definitely see how someone could not enjoy it since its a low budget found footage flick but I thought it was good

That's what attracted me to it, it looks like a pretty fun zombie movie which I don't see too much of.

Would've been better without the ghosts.

I kinda agree they deserve it. They couldn't handle the bantz a couple of chavs were dishing out and Chad went all macho man. It's a couple of kids man don't play their game just leave

Pet Sematary (it's spelled that way. The sequel is pretty bad, but it has a pre-JUST Edward Furlong as the main character)

Quarantine (don't bother with the airport sequel)

Return of the Living Dead 3 is pretty good and has a zombie main character but it never turns into Twilight/Warm Bodies. You don't need to see the first 2 movies to understand it.

youtube.com/watch?v=wsgSq13zTbs

Cemetery Man. It's great.

The Beyond

If you like 'real' zombies, try:
White Zombie
The Serpent and the Rainbow
I Walked with a Zombie

Have you seen In My Skin?

Fun zombies (but not comedies):
Cabin in the Woods
Dead Snow
Fido
Dead Heat (Treat Williams as a zombie!cop and his partner is JOE PISCOPO!)
Wild Zero (DO IIIT!)
youtube.com/watch?v=FEtvkH56UcU

Yes, a few years ago. I loved it. It's a very disturbing movie. None of the new movies I've seen came close to it, except that last scene of Inside.

>good buildup throughout the movie
>mind starts wondering the possibilities
>expect some horrific shit at the end like they find the gates to hell or when they get out it's actually a hellish version of the world with demons and tortured souls instead of people
>nah let's just make them crawl out of a manhole and walk away silently
Such a disappointment.

Does she get raped?

>spoiling the ending

Way to go, champ

>Grand Guignol
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Guignol

Glad to see that the 70s/80s gore trend wasn't something new.

Great movie, shit ending.

First hour good, last half hour it goes to shit.

The ending was okay for me, but what came before was dumb. All that creepy atmosphere and scary shit and it turns into Scooby-fucking-Doo with her running around and shit.

I loved what came before that part, so the movie wasn't wasted on me, but that fucking last act was shit. Next time I watch it, I,ll turnit off before that part and pretend they got lost underground and died or something.

One of my all time favorite horror films. I think it's almost unfair that it's lumped in with the New French Extremity movement because the violent content is so restrained compared to say a Gaspar Noe film. It's like body horror rooted firmly in the psychological.

Marina de Van also plays a great character in a short film called See the Sea. I haven't seen any of her other work but unfortunately the reception doesn't seem too good.

It could be because I saw them within a few days of each other, but I heavily associate pic related with it. It's much less categorizable as a "horror" film, but still deals with themes of alienation from one's own body in a similarly harrowing manner, but also within the context of self-help culture and manipulative new age psychology.

Aussie horror is usually on point

I'm glad this movie is getting more attention in the past few years. I remember renting it expecting a mediocre monster film and got something completely unexpected.

>If there was a car crash ten blocks away, that window washer up there could probably see it. Now, that doesn't mean he's God, or even smarter than we are. But from where he's sitting, he can see a little further down the road.

I liked that Israeli film until it went full CGI. JeruZalem iirc. First 40 mins are OK..

Nah, this guy is right, all the stories were pretty shit. The only one that got close to being passable was the hospital one, but that was only because the lead was a pretty good actor.

The one with the grim reaper in the limbo gas station was unbelievably amateurish, like someone asked a highschool student to write a script and then gave them a million dollar budget to film whatever they shit out.

I'm gonna watch it, thanks.

There was another movie similar to IMS, about some med student and his gf... I can't recall the name. I've seen it, but it didn't leave any impression on me.
I google'd it, it's Le sentiment de la chair. I need to rewatch it, maybe I wasn't in the right frame of mind to like it at the time?

One I LOVED was Secret Things. Not horror (okay, maybe some of the ending is a little bit horror), but so good.

Yep, it really is an underrated gem.

I watched Lake Mungo the other day and while THAT scene fucked me up, the rest wasn't really the great. I really liked the idea though, are there any other well done spooky mockumentaries?

Noroi (if you can tolerate subtitles, it's one of the best horror mocku I've seen)

Leslie Veron, but it's more of a parody. It has scary moments, but the tone isn't always serious.

For a zero budget, super small cast film I was very impressed.

opening theme are Half-Light are both GOAT comfy October music

youtube.com/watch?v=HrPgDwBa21w

Secret Things definitely sounds up my alley. At first I thought maybe you were remembering a bizarro version of Raw/Grave with the other one, but I'll look into that as well. Thanks!