'Stranger Things' Actor/Indie Rock Dude Finn Wolfhard Doesn't Know What Shoegaze Is

>In a recent New York Times piece, Wolfhard went vinyl shopping at Rough Trade in Brooklyn. But when he ran across My Bloody Valentine and the "Indie-Rock/Shoegaze" section, here's what happened, as per the NYT story:

>He came across the album Loveless by the British rock group My Bloody Valentine, whom he had never heard before. He was also unfamiliar with the genre it was filed under: Indie-Rock/Shoegaze.

>"What does that even mean?" Finn said. A reporter informed him that "shoegaze" refers to bands known to stand still and stare at their shoes on stage. Their popularity peaked two decades ago. "So, are they dad rock?" he said.

>All that said, we're not going disagree with his "dad rock" claims here. Plus, as the piece shows, he has good taste in Weezer. "Oh, wow, they have Pinkerton," Wolfhard said of Weezer's 1996 album. "This is so much better than their first one."

exclaim.ca/film/article/stranger_things_actor_indie_rock_dude_finn_wolfhard_doesnt_know_what_shoegaze_is

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bPEZABglgzc
youtube.com/watch?v=7iYH8QZ1mGg
youtube.com/watch?v=2vERtZcUG90
twitter.com/AnonBabble

wypipo song dey be so bad

Pinkerton is literally the worst weezer album

>album that came out in the 90s is now considered "dad rock" by the new generation
fuck, I feel old.

what a faggot
you just know he's gonna be a jaden smith in a few years

no chance, he actually has talent unlike jaden

Nice to know that Sup Forums has the same shit taste in music as it does in film

At this point that album is pretty much dad rock

>a literal child is not a music historian
Wow, what a surprise. Loveless is great, btw.

lol shoe gaze. I've never heard of that either. Is that just hipster term for enough?

I'm 41 and I had to google it, because I didn't hang out with hipsters at the time.

It's not dad rock. Dad rock is stuff like acdc and gun n roses. I would call stuff like Alice in Chains dad rock before mbv.

>pinkerton better than blue album
Straight to the trash he goes.

Krager you're black.

what a pleb

This is why actors grow up to be cunts. They do something completely innocent, and get judged for it by millions and millions.

>taking acid and listening to loveless

Holy fuck brehs

>British rock group My Bloody Valentine
>My Bloody Valentine
>British

the butcher and the googe are british

I'm 30 and never heard of it either and I'm big into music.

I browse mu occasionally and I didn't know what shoegaze was until recently

And Kevin was born in America, does that make them an American band?

shoegaze is pretty much dadrock at this point, people who listened to it during its prime are over 40 now

>self proclaimed """""music fans"""""dont know ehat showgaze is

This thread wew

>30yo
>I'm big into music
>Has never listened to Loveless

Sure, pal, you're a real connoisseur

The term comes from the fact that a the musicians spend a lot of time looking down because of their heavy use of effects pedals

Tard

It sounds like some kind of political scandal.

Just because it's old that doesn't mean it's Dad Rock. You will never hear My Bloody Valentine on a TV commercial or some sports event

He's 14, give him a fucking break. When I was 14, I thought Static-X was punk rock.
Also. shoegaze is garbage. No exceptions.

and your battlestation is the pinnacle of interior design.

>Doesn't Know What Shoegaze Is
Neither do I.

it's getting pretty popular again tho
at least here (europe) shoegaze x postpunk x krautrock bands are popping up alot lately

How much money would you pay to go to Denny's and share milkshakes and smothered fries with Finn Wolfhard? And it has to be Denny's because that's what he picked so shut the fuck up faggot.

I dunno... I guess I'd pay 25 cents

youtube.com/watch?v=bPEZABglgzc

That's pretty funny but I don't get the reference.

a lot of people that aren't fags and are huge fans of my bloody valentine also don't know what shoegaze is because its a stupid cloistered hipster term.

He's like 5 years old. Why should he know about some shitty old band?

dadrock is just music that appeals to older generations, i wouldn't say mbv are the same level as ACDC or others though

shoegaze has always held a cult-like status but its way too big of a niche, punk bands are also popping up over europe but punk is in no way coming back either

$1000000000000000000

>Pedos follow a kid shopping and gush over his every reaction
Way to go New York Times

youtube.com/watch?v=7iYH8QZ1mGg

I still don't get it.

Current year journalist, ladies and gentlemen

You need to listen to MBV as soon as possible

youtube.com/watch?v=2vERtZcUG90

Why?

Because it's good music and so you get the memes

But all of the jokes seem to be that whatever my bloody valentine is sucks.

no, your a pleb

You can technically call Weezer dad rock you moron, it's meaningless anyway. Sorry if you have to justify shit taste with shit logic

>Sup Forums has officially become the Wolfhard creep-power-hour

this kid's a faggot and so is indie rock

I'm 28 you fucking faggot. I don't even like shoegaze anymore but listened to it back in high school.

>"So, are they dad rock?" he said.

Sup Forums btfo forever

Pinkerton's one of their best. And even if it weren't it's certainly not worse than Hurley or Red.

Weezer is fucking garbage. kys right now pls

Beep Beep Richie!

MBV isn't indie rock andneither was Weezer

And '''weezer''' sucks ass.

>a young kid doesn't know what shoegaze is
>this is news.

Fuck off with this shit, he's a fucking kid.

>those lips exist and you will never kiss them
life is suffering

The joke is that it sounds like vacuum cleaners.

They really do a poor job communicating that.

Lol sure you are. Fucking pleb.

Not if you're already familiar with the meme :^)