Will Mike Stoklasa like it too?

Will Mike Stoklasa like it too?

>it's the only (non daddy) white male
Hmmmm

The STATE of std

Brian fuller wrote some eps for this too.Truly based.

they used to write this shit off as pure manipulation.
if they stoop so low as to call this shit "brave" or "groundbreaking" or some other shit I'm done with them

>well you can have a white male on your show but he has to take it up the ass from an interracial boyfriend

so progressive!

G*d bless CBS
>One thing that’s unique about Discovery compared to previous Star Trek series is the show will go deeper into characters’ interpersonal relationships instead of only focusing on their duties. That includes Stamets, who’s in a romantic relationship with another member of the crew. Unlike the fleeting glimpse of Sulu walking off with his presumed partner in last year’s film Star Trek: Beyond, the relationship will be more fully explored.

no problem with this, as long as hes not suckin dicks on the show

non-news

The Orville already has the gay male couple.
Sorry, Trekkies, but you're late to the punch.

50 years later they still think they can score representation points with star trek

Openly gay and STD? Not the first time I've heard those two in a sentence together! LOL

RIP CBS all access. are people actually falling for this shit?

>unique about Discovery compared to previous Star Trek series is the show will go deeper into characters’ interpersonal relationships instead
Its almost as if the people writing this shit have never actually watched Star Trek.

DS9 alone is at least 4 seasons of just interpersonal shit.

Aren't they suppose to be advanced? Wouldn't they know being gay is a mental disorder that shouldn't be embraced?

Jesus, the shitshow goes on and on

Gays are the super race, they just haven't realized their full potential yet. You'll see

First openly gay character in what way?

MacFarlane can try and rip-off the show as hard as he wants, it's still not Star Trek.

Macfarlane is ripping off Star Trek and modernizing it. and making a good show.
STD is ripping of BSG and fucking it up.

The Last Ship is currently the best Star Trek show on tv

star trek wasn't about sexuality it was about a bright future where mankind had finally moved on and accepted each others differences to set out and help other warp capable civilizations do the same
racism, sexism, misandry, misogyny doesn't exist so there wouldn't be any point in bringing any of it up unless encountering an alien race where women rule society and men are seen as nothing but incompetent slaves

The Last Ship is Star Trek how?

not him but probably because the crew favors diplomacy over war

Is it a good show? I've seen ads for it and it looks interesting, but it's Michael Bay as Executive Producer

Oh man, I can't wait for a gay character whose only characteristics are that he's gay and has to let everyone know it every 10 seconds.

>star trek continues to represent what is considered progressive at the time of its release

Shocking

Sup Forums makes me love Star Trek Discovery even more than I did initially

Oh boy oh boy. Strap yourself in for this one!
The last ship is literally star trek, it follows nearly all the guide lines of the Roddenberry rules (except for the seasonal arc)

We have interracial cast, lead by strong white man figure.
Crew do not have disputes amongst the bridge crew, if they do then it is slammed down.
Diversity is hailed, with gay and bisexuals included and women perceived as strong characters along side CiS crewmembers.
The ship is used as a tool to get the missions done, the captain makes use of diplomacy and the skill of away missions before using it's overwhelming power to resolve the episodes problems.
Non main cast members feature a wide variety of races and locations from around the world.
Main cast is broken down to engineering, leadership, science, security, with strong emphasis on solving problems using intellect and expertise.

It's Star trek, it's ToS, TNG, Voyager era star trek, over the top, cheesy and above all else paints an optimistic future for humanity (or at least the west and it's allies) working together against nature and rogue factions for the betterment of all.

It's fucking awesome and 10x better Star trek that STD

he already likes it, didn't you watch their re:view?

>liking a show just to spite someone

Yeah, because that's a brilliant idea.

Jesus Christ, how have I not heard much of this show anywhere? That sounds amazing

it's pretty good, only seen the first season and i plan to finish it later when the show is finished
basically the story is about a Destroyer that goes out on a mission and when it comes back discovers that the majority of the human population have died from a deadly virus, and they're just trying to find a cure while trying to fend off armies from other countries who want the cure so they can take over the world
also michael bay is pretty good at doing military action, just look at 13 hours

Bay is good at action, but story and characters aren't his forte.

good thing he isn't the only executive producer

yeah he was pissed about the first JJ film making sure nobody was gay.

Make a new image jesus christ

True

>liking a show just because it has black people

You're as bad as people whining about blacks being in shows

Remember that an executive producer just means that they were shown the show and could give ideas. Executive producers don't usually do anything other than give it a stamp of approval if that.

>Oh man, I can't wait for a gay character whose only characteristics are that he's gay and has to let everyone know it every 10 seconds.

Might as well get it over with and just watch the last series of Doctor Who. ugh.

It's all the rage to force gender and gay shit in Hollywood. And it's going to backfire.

Do they mean first openly gay character for a trek show or are they trying to claim they're the first to have a gay character ever on TV?

Because trek has had monogendered species before, and they aren't breaking any ground there. Plus iirc DS9 had a bunch of lesbian kissing scenes.

Is that charlize Theron?
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I watched the first few episodes, but it faded from my radar. Are they still dealing with the virus thing?

>tfw somehow you live in an alternate universe where TNG and DS9 apparently never existed to all the people making STD and writing about it despite being huge shows in the 90s
>tfw this would be one of those comfy time travel TNG episodes

>be white african
>face racism from black africans
>adopt little black children
Why?

No, after season 2 they moved onto a new thing.
List of villians below, minor spoilers but not too important
we've had Virus, evil russian, Evil British people, Evil chinese people and now we're onto evil greeks/muslims and the virus has moved into crops.

Ha, you say that like it doesn't make up half the posts in Orville threads with Discovey. It's the exact same.

So after season 2 the virus is kind of a non issue (at least for the crew)? I think what made me lose interest was that it seemed the show was just ticking down who'd get infected next and die.

I thought Wesley was the first, the Zulu was also gay in the movie, whats new about this? Are they going to have long gay sex scenes? With closeups of penis going into asshole? Whats gay enough for these people?

are you telling me geordi wasnt gay?

yea, the virus was pretty much there just to isolate the ship for story elements.
They've just brought the virus back for the latest season but it's infected crops which is effecting food, it's a nice change of pace from the last season which focused on diplomacy and sneaky chinese people

Sounds pretty transphobic to me, Why did they have to be two males? Why not a transcharacter.
When will TV finally reflect modern day society?

>MacFarlane can try and rip-off the show as hard as he wants, it's still not Star Trek.
h-he can try and get as many Trek alumni to direct as he wants, it's still not Star Trek.
h-HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT!!!!

tell me about your sexual organs

>In STAR TREK: DISCOVERY, it was important for us to show the future, and as you all know the future will be a lot less white and a lot less male.

>When will TV finally reflect modern day society?
They've already done the Pakleds

>gay character on a show
>He's always just an inoffensive blonde, a burly dude or the gayer dude from Will and Grace

C-Can't we just have a guy guy who's cute? I'd like to see a cute Orion boy. Maybe a Vulcan twink. Oh. Or an Andorian. Plenty of sci-fi fapbait if you're into chicks or muscled alien dudes. But if you like cute twinks you're fucked.

OOH BABY DO YOU KNOW WHAT THAT'S WORTH

>Julian Bashir
>Wesley Crusher
>Harry Kim
>Nog
>Season 1 Meriweather
>Bro-Kirk

>Implying cute, femme or twink describes anyone of them