RWBY/RT General #1039: Fashionable Rube Edition

Previous: Rules of RWBY/RT General:
>1. Read the Pastebin: pastebin.com/UmEaBVGW (embed)
>2. Arguing about the thread isn't discussion.
>3. Don't believe their lies

Latest Chapter: roosterteeth.com/episode/rwby-volume-4-volume-4-episode-6-lot53d

RT Animated Adventures - Latest Episode: roosterteeth.com/episode/rt-animated-adventures-2016-miles-birthday-bonanza

M3u8: wpc.1765A.taucdn.net/801765A/video/uploads/videos/d2a56218-9154-4eb9-8ed4-f80666a0267c/index.m3u8

>Yang will never be this cool

Choose between:

>prequal series with team STRQ at beacon
>Beach episode staring the whole cast
>side story crime series with Roman and Neo

You only get one.

Best. Girl.

>But Tyrian said he wasn't going to kill her.
Yes, because the scorpion assassin is so trustworthy

>side story crime series with Roman and Neo
Not even a question

STRQ prequel would be awesome.

I'd go for the beach episode but only it included legit fansevice and that's off the table.

since when non mammal can be faunus?

>prequal series with team STRQ at beacon
Purely because it would give us insight into what time spent training at Beacon is normally like, and some more background
Side stories with Roman and Neo would be cute, but I don't think it would add that much

A scorpion assassin loyal to his Goddess.

His stinger likely can paralyze

Since the Q&A session like two years ago.

>"user OBEY ALL TRAFFIC LAWS"

I want it all

Since forever, we just saw mammal faunuses (fauni?) before. The WOR they put out before the Menagerie ep had Qrow talking about reptile faunus, and we saw a couple of lizard dudes walking around the market place
It seems Faunus can be anything from the animal kingdom

I've never read the comic, but I love the Henceforward Ruby design.
How her volume 4 outfit looks like a mix of it an her original outfit is great.

I'm not saying that Tryian wasn't going to capture Ruby alive, he'd been sent to bring the Rubooty back safe and sound, but I don't see RNJR believing that for a second

The plural is Faunus.

But which one makes the best waifu

STRQ prequel, so we can see how the hell did Taiyang manage to seduce such a bitch like Raven.

I'd say cat, but then I am biased

Why do schools like Beacon even have uniforms if they're going to just let students wear stuff like capes and fingerless gloves with them anyway?

What exactly were they trying to acomplish with Jacques? It's like someone took Tywin Lannister but made him as threatening as Mr Rogers and as competent as a Scooby Doo villain, are they going to actually flesh out his character or is his entire purpose just to eventually become Weiss' whipping boy while the fans eat it up?

>how the hell did Taiyang manage to seduce such a bitch like Raven.
I've got two theories: either its the natural Church Charm of being able to seduce a seriously sexy and impossibly dangerous woman, or Tai managed to beat her in a sparring match and she decided he was good breeding material so took him back to her nest

Why not all three?
>STRQ decides to head to the beach during break
>It's there that they come across a young Roman and Neo running an illegal Popsicle stand

The STRQ prequal. The other options aren't important at all

Because schools in anime have uniforms.

That's literally the only reason.

The comic is shit it brings back Pyrrha and all yuri ships sailed in the comic and Ren and Nora get a kid and called Monty

Fair enough. And even if they did believe she'd be alive when she arrived, there's no guarantee she'd stay alive.

Personally I think he's just there to finally have Weiss cut ties with her family forever, so they can focus on her fighting evil with Ruby for the rest of the show without having responsiblities and the backing of one of richest families in the setting as a complication.

God I love this guy.
Just straight runs up and starts attacking them as soon as he sees them. Doesn't waste time with some plan, or setting a trap or anything like that. You just know if it had been Cinder with the same task, she would have had some multi phased keikaku to try and capture Ruby.

Because it's based on FF8 where the Gardens had uniforms but the main characters only wore them a handful of times before ditching them forever.

>No scar on her belly

Fail.

To be fair, didn't the artist start drawing it before Volume 3? I've only read some of it.

>Ren and Nora get a kid and called Monty
That sounds acceptable.

because being allowed to express yourself is one of their culture's most important thing, so even if they enforce a dress code they allow you to add some personal flair.

Probably not. That's literally the same thing Cinder did with Amber, except using Emerald to get her to drop her guard, then had the whole team rush her.

Tyrian was going to take a maiden alone, so this is probably exactly what he would have done, only with the bonus that there's literally nothing they can do to stop him where as the actual maiden could mess him up if he wasn't careful.

I'd like it if he got some development (he's likely supposed to be based on Jack Frost going by his name), but like said, he's probably not going to, and likely for the reasons they brought up.

She doesn't have one in the show either, or at least not that we've seen yet

I really hope when Qrow and Tyrian ends in a draw I really don't want Tyrian to get killed so fast but I don't want Qrow to be a jobber

Ive heard rumors that Jaquees turns out to be a homophobe so part of Weiss development is making White Rose real

And a lot of real life Japanese schools have really strict dress codes, like socks and skirt length. A lot of times they even make you wear your hair a certain way. Obviously that sort of shit wouldn't fly at Beacon.

It did not "bring back" Pyrrha. Pyrrha never died. A large part of the comic was written before the end of volume 3.

Henceforward has its decent moment but suffers from strange writing. Kuma's English is only average most of the times which makes some of the dialogue sound a bit strange.

Some of the fight scenes are bad. Jaune is extremely powerful. There is too much focus on WhiteRose. There was recently a 9+ month long time skip where Arkos happened and Nora and Ren had a baby. As you can guess, people don't like timeskips like that.

And where did you hear these rumors? Tumblr? Or in a fanfic?

Qrow is going to win but he won't be able to finish off Tyrion because Tyrion will manage to poison one of the scooby gang. He'll be forced to allow Tyrion to retreat as he takes RNJR to the only place close enough to acquire the antidote in time: his sister's place

This thread needs more funhaus

I think it's on the right side of her stomach, just barely hidden by the coat.

Also, do the animators not know how people walk normally? People don't bounce so much when they walk. It's as if Blake has springs attached to the soles of her boots.

I suspect the same, but with Qrow himself getting poisoned. Raven may or may not step in. And there may or may not be drama when Ren and Nora recognize her, hence Neath's tweet.

I would really love that

Most likely Tyrian will make a fighting retreat now Qrow has shown up. From how he just schooled RNJR I'd say he's being establishing as a disc one boss, their first real test to overcome before reaching Haven and a sign of things to come
>Weiss becomes a lesbian to spite her dad
Honestly, I'd be OK with it

Maybe whoever did the mocap was wearing weird shoes?

>>Weiss becomes a lesbian to spite her dad
just like the girls at my college!

Henceforward Sun design is awesome I kinda wish that was his new outfit

i used to find that person's art too simple looking but now I think it has a nice sort of charm to it

Sun made her watch Saturday Night Fever on the ship, the song just got stuck in her head
I think it works better with Qrow being up and functional, it gives him more time to justify himself, as well as explain the actual plot to Ruby

Tyrian is going to bail, but takes Ruby with him. Cue Yang going in full big sis mode, _WBY reuniting and a manhunt.

>What I hope:
they flesh him out as a man who really does love his family, he just doesn't know how to show it and treats them like employees, and it ends with a fight with Weiss, and they reconcile and he decides to change his ways and they hug it out.
>What I actually expect:
They will make him evil prick just for evils sake, and Weiss leaves and never bothers with him again and he's never mentioned again.

which character is the hero that we deserve, but not the one that we need right now?

Nah, Blake is sticking to Menagerie and there's no way for Yang and Weiss to hear about her kidnapping

I just hope that they don't make Jacques so black and white. I don't want him to be a stereotypical white, rich, racist, greedy, controlling man. If the writers were good they could write a more gray zone.

Good point. And if Ren gets poisoned, he might not be willing to accept help from Raven's tribe.

>Don't you see Blake, this is perfect!
>Really Weiss, you mean that?
>Yes, being a lesbian, shacking up with a Faunus who is also an ex-White Fang? Oh, daddy is going to just go ballistic!

>And there may or may not be drama when Ren and Nora recognize her, hence Neath's tweet.

Can you show that again? I must have missed it.

Banesaw

Exactly.

>they reconcile and he decides to change his ways and they hug it out.
That's a death flag if I ever saw it. Though if you really want to make it a tragedy, have him die right before they actually reconcile.

Neptune

>they flesh him out as a man who really does love his family, he just doesn't know how to show it and treats them like employees, and it ends with a fight with Weiss, and they reconcile and he decides to change his ways and they hug it out.
how could you possibly get this impression from what we saw right now? the man is an asshole to the core

In hindsight I should have posted it with the tweet.

how is Banesaw a hero

whew

Weiss is not that basic

We have the rest of the season for that.

He's not, but he is what we deserve

He then said the Ren scene is in several weeks. So probably not this next episode. Anyway, looking forward to it too.

what do we deserve?

I rather have them rejoin in volume 5

Shutting down all communications if one towers gets destroyed is just plain retarted. Those towns for example are easy picks for bandits because they cant warn other villages on their activities. Grimm have free reign on every continent. B-but muh trust.

>When somebody talks shit about your waifu like you wouldn't find out!

Why xian mother even needs to raid small villages if they are so strong?

I rewatched The Death Battle with Yang and Tifa.
I like Torrian's work--their 3d animation has come a long way. And his fight choreography, while not up to par with Monty's, looks more impressive than what Volume 4 has currently. It's a bit generic Hollywood-kungfu-ish at times, but pretty entertaining. I like his Meta vs Caroline fight too.

I know he has his hands full, and Ben and Chad sometimes lightheartedly chide him for working too hard, but after hearing that SA and RT merged I remember a part of me kind of hoping that he'd be able to help with the fights.

for the sport of slaying random warriors

So is training teenagers and children to design weapons that look cool as fuck and are hilariously impracticle instead of having a standard military taskforce.
But y'know, anime.

I don't think he helps them.

They didn't shut down the tower, without all four towers the signal doesn't work properly because Remnant literally cannot into space. Besides, the towns outside the Kingdoms didn't have great signal before the Beacon CCT crashed
I'm going to assume you mean why does Raven raid village, and point out that the strong still need to eat, off they go to steal the food of a helpless village while killing anyone who resists

Yeah, I know. Just some wishful thinking.

That's not Weiss though. Don't you want to see her be genuinely happy for more than a moment?

Yang is NOT a lesbian

>Post your face when RT's Google Drive/Servers get hacked and the script for Vol.4 + some of 5 gets leaked.

If there's any girl on the show I could see as bi, its Yang

She is if anyone.

They dont really need to go space when they live in nearby islands

>This folder is empty

Yang needs a boyfriend.

Neo can shapeshift

>Yang needs a girlfriend

Fixed.