Can we all admit the Blade Runner sequel was worth it just for this anime?

youtube.com/watch?v=rrZk9sSgRyQ

Other urls found in this thread:

pastebin.com/czS2udB0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

shittier ergo proxy

>BASED black android and his sexy little white girl sidekick risin up against them evil white humans

IGGGGYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

A scrawny techy kid sacrificed his life for his non-human waifu. Its as based as you can get

>white guy sacrifices himself so that white girl can be with black man
pottery

kek

Some of the best animation I've seen, it's a shame the plot is stupid and is way too short.

At least it recognises they aren't human

I thought the plot did a great job of giving us enough information and backstory to care about all the characters even though it was only 15 minutes

How come the voice acting was so fucking bad when the script was probably written by people whose native language is english

Seriously there are not english anime dubs that are good, only dubs that come close to being good are space cowboy and space dandy, but even those are garbage specially when it comes to the female characters

>space cowboy
i mean cowboy bebop

>inb4 d says his childhood anime had godtier english dub

Pretty good. I feel like the black replicant's motivation coming from his time as a soldier fighting a war on another planet was already tread on in Cowboy Bebop though. The loner seduced by a replicant was obviously lifted from Blade Runner. I think his animated short for the Matrix movies were better. Either way it is nice to see Watanabe making stuff again.

why would i care about a machine that wants to kill humans

>bebop and dandy

both directed by the guy who directed this

Because unless you're autistic, you don't view every media you watch through your real-world lens and you try and relate to characters and their motives?

I know, but he isn't directly involved with the english voice acting now, is he?

Or maybe thats the issue, a jap director trying to get english actors to talk like japs in anime but it comes off as overacting

I enjoy english cartoons shows and movies and they don't sound anything at all like english anime

i cannot imagine relating to a machine, i do have autism though so maybe you are onto something

>I feel like the black replicant's motivation coming from his time as a soldier fighting a war on another planet was already tread on in Cowboy Bebop though.

Same here. I thought of Vincent when the flashback started.

>ergo proxy

lmao that overrated piece of shit?

pretty generic stuff tbqh. just like im sure the sequel will be. at least it looks pretty though

>le frog xxdxdxd
>implying robots care about sex like humans

It was cool. If nothing else i think these shorts aim to keep the tone of the original Blade Runner on the sequel... which is a good thing but i won´t know till i actually watch the movie.

>i have autism lol

go fuck yourself

hm, i dunno, maybe because humans are shit??

It was good but not great and asked more questions than it answered, plebs probably wont think too much of it but some legendary animators left their signatures on it.

>a qt replicant will never beat the shit out of you

I'd like to see a full anime of this tbqh. At least a 20 episode season.

Some fluid animation and cool designs, but the dialogue and voice acting were total shit.

>that second that shows dave bautista android exists in 2022 and he is still around in 2049
>this implies replicants can now survive into older age as they stated
>that stupid theory of Deckard being a robot is probably true
>will probably be a "he was the first of his kind" gay plot

screencap this. I am going to kill myself if this happens.

It's spelled poetry you newfag, I bet you're still in high school and don't know what it means.

(You)
Poe's Law

They will obviously say he was the first Gen 8 replicant. Seeing as Gen 8s live a normal life span and but were hunted down and we see in the trailers that Deckard is living a normal life span and is also in hiding.

Not even worth a screencap seeing how obvious it is.

>How come the voice acting was so fucking bad when the script was probably written by people whose native language is english
All the good English voice acting goes into video games these days.

Deckard is a human, but Rachel was an experimental model that could reproduce and had a child before her span was up.

There’s a pastebin that spoils 2049 completely. You’re kinda wrong.

Link?

pastebin.com/czS2udB0

I don’t know about the credibility of it, but it seems legit.

My guess is that it's intentional. Two replicants talking to each other don't need to convey emotion or subtle mannerisms like us humans do (almost subconsciously) while talking. They don't need to pretend nor do they get anything out of talking "normaly" (which to them requires more effort than needed, I guess), the information that comes out of their mouths is the same, so why not just be monotone and speak with a weird (to us) pacing?

Perhaps they forced it a tad too much but I think that's the idea. You could say the same of their movements, in the combat sequences they don't move their heads/eyes around nearly as much as a human would since (I guess) they got all the info they needed from their peripheral vision, they don't slip or over-compensate for counterbalance either, they move/jump/flow perfectly unlike a human which would flail his arms more or touch a wall when doing a 90º turn, whereas a replicant would perfectly calculate his momentum on that turn and not exert himself with superfluous movements.

how could you tell from someones bones that they died in childbirth?
also so many coincidences in this seems silly, even the whole thing about Rachel/Deckard being set up

Yeah, the Rachael/Deckard thing seemed stupid, but it honestly seems like a solid movie. I wish it was a standalone story though.

>My guess is that it's intentional. Two replicants talking to each other don't need to convey emotion or subtle mannerisms like us humans do (almost subconsciously) while talking. They don't need to pretend nor do they get anything out of talking "normaly" (which to them requires more effort than needed, I guess), the information that comes out of their mouths is the same, so why not just be monotone and speak with a weird (to us) pacing?

One thing that Blade Runner confused me on and this promo adds to it is this: are Replicants psychologically human and it's the years of being treated like they're disposable the reason why they're so cold at times? Or is that borderline predatory and calculating way of looking at the world just how they roll?

replicants lacking empathy is what the VK machine detects, this is that main issue of the book
in the movie however replicants like Roy seem to have more empathy than the humans around them (saving deckard etc)