THREAD 2

>20, Junior in college, smoke weed several times a day every day, and have done so since June
> The effects of weed are taking over my life, I'm craving it all the time, and nothing is the same unless I'm baked while doing it. I have spent more time high during this period than sober.
> School is reflecting it, my life is slowly getting darker and darker, and I want to stop smoking, but WEED IS EVERYWHERE IN MY LIFE

If by some miracle an user wants to help me quit marijuana by answering these for me I would be indebted to you forever Sup Forums

> How do I stop smoking if I live with two stoners, who have no qualms ruining a friend's sober status, until next April? They always have tons of fucking weed and always invite me to smoke, I haven't paid for a gram of weed since we moved in together.

QUESTION 2:
> When I have tried quitting before, my 'falling off the wagon' moments are always following the proccess of "well I don't have anything to do, I'm watching tv and I had a stressful day, no reason to not smoke" and then I go out to my roommate's smoking table in the garage and rip away at the bong. How do I break this mindset that weed is going to make the day better?

QUESTION 3:
> Is there anything good to distract yourself from cravings? Some kind of relaxing food or tea or some shit? Just something to consume or do whenever I have cravings to smoke.

QUESTION 4:
> How does one 'avoid' the stoners in their life, if literally everyone in my social circle smokes weed and doesn't see any reason to, or have any desire to quit? It's a side effect of being 20 and in college, but I don't see how I could remove myself from every degenerate in my life without losing every friend I've made in University?

Tl;dr - Redpill me on how one removes poison from their life before it takes full control

Other urls found in this thread:

thepiratebay.org/torrent/5730199/The_best_Anthony_Robbins_Collection_-_THIS_IS_THE_REAL_THING
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

what the FUCK does this have to do with hillary fainting?

Question 4 is the one that seems to get to people the most. The fear of being isolated if you don't partake.

I say, remind yourself why you want to quit, anytime you feel the urge.
Or, just try and cut down, and learn how to pace yourself.

DUDE WEED LMAO

Find a hobby. The end.

>Smoked nearly every day since January
>Grades didn't suffer
>Social life has improved
>Have taken multiple tolerance breaks
>Usually smoke only after dark/on weekends
>Never had a marijuana craving
The only thing that's gonna suck is quitting over the Winter since there's jack shit to do

Something something moderation.You don't have to smoke all the time.

Find something that you like to do that requires you to be sober

Wellbutrin

Lmao strap in friend-o, you're in for one dazed ride

You can do booth. Stop being so fucking lazy

Fuck you for being stupid enough to do it in the first place when all you had to do was take a good look at everybody else who does it regularly to know how bad it would fuck you up.

It's up to you to figure out how to climb out of that hole you've dug yourself into.

>same slide threads again and again

Cut poisonous people out of your life, find a hobby, remove yourself from locations where weed is considered normal.

>How do I stop smoking if I live with two stoners, who have no qualms ruining a friend's sober status

You literally don't. You have to change the situation.

You idiot. Take this from someone with excellent grades in a very challenging field.

Question #2 is your problem. How can you have """""nothing to do""""" when your grades are shit? There is ALWAYS SOMETHING YOU COULD BE DOING when you're in school, and from what I understand, the students who dont "get" this are the ones who start to drown in school and break down about there grades.

I smoke weed everyday and have t-breaks whenever I feel my consumption is getting out of hand.

>living with stoners
You gotta move out or you'll just be smoking weed everyday guaranteed.

>I don't have anything to do
Find a fucking hobby you faggot. This does not just affect weed smokers, there are plenty of NEETS that do the same thing without drugs. I always try to find something productive to do when I'm high. Either that or eat health foods.

>distract from cravings
I rarely get actual cravings for weed. I recommend coffee and working out

>avoid stoners in their life
How about trying to get in to other social circles. Go to different events on campus, join new clubs, meet new people, etc.

Your only problems so far have been due to your own psychology, amplified by the weed. Weed itself does not make a degenerate. If you can take better control of your life you can still smoke weed everyday like I'm doing. At the end of the day don't be such a little bitch

>How do I stop smoking if I live with two stoners, who have no qualms ruining a friend's sober status, until next April?

they are not your friends, make new friends and cut off contact with them (i personally had to do this as well due to WEEDLMAO)
get out the house as much as possible. spend your time studying at the library and make new friends/find a gf to crash at her place often.

literally only be home to cook/shower/sleep maintain friendly terms with them but move on

>When I have tried quitting before, my 'falling off the wagon' moments are always following the proccess of "well I don't have anything to do...How do I break this mindset that weed is going to make the day better?

ween yourself off:
mon no smoke
tues smoke once during day and only only at night
wed no smoke
thurs smoke once during day and only only at night
friday sat smoke once during day and only only at night
sun no smoke
etc etc

start by only smoking every second day and only at night. eventually you will be okay with smoking less and less. its not uber addictive like other drugs.

> Is there anything good to distract yourself from cravings? Some kind of relaxing food or tea or some shit? Just something to consume or do whenever I have cravings to smoke.

super strong coffee, dont take up cigarettes. Get in the gym and lift lift lift. You will struggle to fall asleep and working out until you pass out will help A TONNE.

go download this: thepiratebay.org/torrent/5730199/The_best_Anthony_Robbins_Collection_-_THIS_IS_THE_REAL_THING
only take the file: "Unleash the power within - AUDIOBOOK" and "Awaken the Giant Within I - AUDIOBOOK"

listen to GIants first, WRITE DOWN EVERYTHING he says, memorise it and DO IT. IT FUCKING WORKS I SWEAR IT.

I went through this, even got fat towards the end of college.

Just stop for 2 weeks. It's really not bad I promise.

After that you can smoke a little bit if you want, but only do it in the following ways:

1- as a reward for completing something productive, and only after everything you have to do is done at the end of the day. I highly recommend doing it only after you have exercised/lifted. You'll feel better and it will also be more fun. Don't smoke so much that you wake up with a 'greenover' the next day.

2) If you smoke, do something cool in nature. Encourage one or two of your friends, if you have to smoke, to do so and then go for a hike or go fishing or just go out in nature and get some sun. It's more fun and you feel better. Again, work out or at least break a sweat before doing so.

3- Try whenever possible to use herb in a 'clean' way. This could be vaporizers or oil pens or whatever, just avoid bongs or anything with a lot of smoke that will give you a head high and make you want to sit on couch

Nip this in the bud now, no pun intended, you'll thank yourself. Seriously quitting for a month is not bad I promise

Pathetic shill attempt op.

Pacing yourself can work. It's a good first step. However, mix this with user's first suggestion. Always take inventory of your progress and determine whether or not your perception of 'cutting down' is just an excuse to get just as high. If you use to smoke two blunts a day and, instead, are now killing numerous small bowls throughout the same time span, I'd say that's hardly better.

I believe in you user. I quit weed to get a job and succeeded in getting hired. You still being in college means you have more discipline than I, so you shouldn't have an issue if you try hard.

user's 2nd suggestion*

holy fuck are you me? We basically recommended the same shit to OP

I replaced smoking with riding a bike

>America is shit for cycling

Well I tried

>How does one 'avoid' the stoners in their life

see my first point, you need to cut these degenerate losers out of your life if you want to become successful.

I had to do exactly what you have done, I had very few friends for many years and that fuckign sucks ass.

I have still not managed to rebuild the same social circle I had, it gets much harder after college so trust me when I say this: you MUST do this now, you cannot postpone this.

You will come to find that the source of happiness is within oneself. You cannot depend on friendships for happiness, they are luxuries that will come and go.

get addicted to self improvement. You are still young and your potential is limitless.

Could turkey is the only way to go, just tell your friends to fuck off when they push it on you.
Get into a hobby. Lift weight, read A LOT of books, start biking all the time, it's better if it gets you out of the house and away from the green cigarettes.
Tea could help, maybe caffeine in general.
Be very, very active. Go out and do stuff but also offer for them to come along. They probably won't and thus you avoid them. Just get yourself out of the house man.

>question 4

better to have no friends than the wrong friends. if you have to suffer being lonely for a while while you make make new friends that are interested in similar things to you then so be it. if they pressure you to do it or they won't hang out with you then cut them out, i can guarantee you that you will become less friends with them if you stop doing something with them that consumes their lives so much but its a step needed to be taken.

solid advice

You may have schizophrenia or be on the spectrum of schizophrenia.

there are plenty of us leafbro... the remedy is the same for all

"weed is harmless" is a fucking meme designed to push degeneracy.

I still smoke, but only maybe once every 2-3 months.

the craving never really goes away, i just learned to replace them with cravings for self improvement.

you can condition yourself to do and be and want and feel whatever

we are only slightly more complex than dogs

user, you never know when a pesky psy dogs might try to infiltrate your mind! always stay high and you will be fine

I have a similar problem with weed, I'm also a therapist. Alcohol and weed give you 5-7 times as great a dopamine rush as any natural pleasure like food or sex.

You are right that you need a replacement for weed, but don't make it another bad habit--make it something that really nourishes you. For me, running is perfect. It provides an opioid surge, it makes me feel good, and it makes me feel good about myself and how I am using my time. All these qualities reinforce the habit as the better option. Running also physically removes me from temptation--I literally leave my home and return 45 minutes later feeling good and strong and like I don't need a crutch like weed or alcohol or tobacco.

Right now your brains pleasure circuit is running on weed--you're doing it all the time so it's like you e been working a muscle every day. Let that muscle atrophy and flex your other muscles by developing good habits. Create a metaphor for yourself--you are a knight slaying the dragon of your temptation to smoke weed. Make it something that empowers you.

Bless you and 1488

Op, I was in the same boat as yourself. Clearly pot is more than a psychological addiction too you; it's your hobby. I had to quit the ganj about three weeks ago to start my career in a more serious job field. Getting fucked up is a human response, especially for us males. My suggestion is too TEMPORARILY replace the substance with another. (For the first week). I used alcohol/no2 for the first five days to help with the immediate withdrawl symptoms and boredom. But once I got the feeling of needing it out of my system, the rest was simple self control. Marijuana will make you complacent with taking shit from people in your life. My advice is realize what you're becoming, before it consumes your personality.

>>I have my MMJCARD
>>Smoked Erry day for three years
>>Realized it was a huge waste of cash and personal potential

Move out of your current place and find something that really interests you and learn about it. For example I'm learning hungarian right now and it's really great having something where visibly see improvement from my work. Also running is great. Even if you feel like shit, just get up and run. I usually tell myself when I don't want to get up that the days where you run when you don't want to are the ones that really make the difference. Just make sure you get good shoes and don't over do it. Heart rate monitor training is pretty effective bc you make sure you don't overwork yourself. Garmin 230 watch w/ hr monitor is pretty solid. You mainly want to train in Heart rate zone 3 intially and then gradually start pushing into zone 4. Zone 5 is something you should shoot to hit at the end of a workout. Hope this helps.

I am not gay but... that is a good looking man.

My gf smokes weed at least once a week. Does that make me a degenerate aswell?

This.

"weed is harmless" is definitely a meme, but only for the majority of people, I still smoke every day and take short breaks every few months. Weed affects everyone in varying levels, I know a lot of people like me who are high-functioning on different drugs. I also find it very strange that half the people I know who used to smoke weed everyday built up a sort of "intolerance" system where they always get intense negative effects from it, whether it's anxiety, paranoia, etc.

Easiest rule for doing drugs. Never pay for them. If people want to feed your habit let them, the moment you have to pay just say fuck it. Unless people really like you and are willing to pay your bill then you'll stop smoking real quick.

Just focus on something else instead. Join a gym, fuck some bitches.

I got an even easier one: don't do them.

from personal experience: i m the same as you. solution: vape. just get a vaper and start vaping. you wont get high but you will trick your body into thinking you are. after a few weeks you wont even want weed anymore.

Smoking weed gives you permanent brain damage and autism in social situations.

>he gets cravings for weed
"Weed cravings" are about as real as videogame addiction and cyberbullying. What you're feeling is boredom. You're bored and you want to change that, and you know weed will instantly change it. What you're doing is just replacing one """addiction""" with another like Trent Reznor.

You need to find meaning in your life. Life isn't supposed to just be an endless loop of a single generic schedule.

That only happens when you get super high, and depends on the strain of weed

I crave sucking dick sometimes more than weed. Cum has lots of minerals and active nutrients in it too.

Doctor told me that drinking sperm would keep me healthy and strong. "Two gallons of penis juice to keep the third worlders away" he would always jokingly say..