Thoughts on interactive movies, Sup Forums

Thoughts on interactive movies, Sup Forums

an insult to video games.
"Let's take gameplay, the core thing that separates video games from other medium and push it further away.We did it, we revolutionized video games"

Walking Dead s1 the game was one of the most unexpected kinos I've ever watched/played

This game made me wish I was a teenage girl.

Walking Dead S1/somtimes 2 was kino, Life is Tumblr is poorly written and should be thrown in the bin

soap operas for teens

The very nature of interactivity allows for a great connection to the characters. But few games pull this off in any meaningful well besides TWD S1 and Life Is Strange.
What do you think of whatPenn Jillette said about playing a game where you drive a bus to Las Vegas?

The cringe was so much that I started to feel bad. Like, how is that if you are concentrating most of the game into the story and the characters you managed to get an amazingly cringy and overall shit script? Like, there were places were fucking deus ex had more plausible writting.

Why do people that are not 14 year old girls like life is strange?

How gay do you have to be to like this shit? Like come on.

>interactivity
>meaningful
>Life Is Strange
The story is an utter joke with options and consequences even worse than what Telltale would ever offer even including Moneycraft. It was full is bland and unlikable characters that the shittiest motives just to be brought to a KILL EVERYONE OR KILL THE BITCH

What entertainment designed for the masses do you consume?

I don't understand why WOULDN'T you kill an unlikable whiny and self obssessed bitch if you could save a literal townful of people for it?

It's called empathy.

>Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
>you a gay ass nigga

that's the point, it's a stupid choice which invalidated the hours you spent grueling the awful story

Want to know how I know you are gay?

>empathizing with a retarded teenage girl

I was honestly shocked. Like NOT ONLY do I finally get to kill this unlikable slut but I ALSO get to look like a superhero good guy that saved the world for it? Are you serious?

>meaningful
Yes. Choices that you as a player make that directly effects characters you are viewing is a much more meaningful experience than watching characters play out their roles on screen. However the majority of great films will forever tower over the great interactive stories of video games. There will probably never be a video game that can rival Seven Samurai, Ben Hur, etc. if they were made like Life Is Strange or TWD. But the TWD/LiS format is a type of storytelling I'd like to see explored in other avenues for certain.

NIgga GAY AS HELL MAYNE *fist bump me negroe)

I love life is strange
I havent had so much fun critizing something since
looking forward for all the episodes from the prequel to release so i can play it via family sharing from the same friend ill later tell much i hated it

Cool off topic thread
Time for ontopic Sup Forums threads I guess

>directly affect characters you are viewing
Except it doesn't. You either save the people who you didn't warn there was a giant fuck-off storm coming and will never know from the ending. They'll live life as though it was just a bad storm and move on, or to restart the entire thing after letting chole live which again invalidated everything you did

That's objectively false
t. /tg/

I want to fuck Kate Marsh and fill her up to the brim with semen.

>Except it doesn't.
It does. It tells you things about yourself if you examine the mindset you had in making either choice. "Why did I decide to do x?" These are things you should also be asking while viewing films. Or do you sit there and expect things to give you a message? The journey, not the ending, etc. c'mon son we're not in high school anymore.

I think there's a lot of room to make good shit, but I think it's going to be a while until the medium hits a good stride, which might be detrimental because of how fickle the entertainment industry is.

Except it doesn't, it leaves you with dissatisfaction that your choices didn't matter at all and then you'll leave with nothing but disappointment in your mind.

> "Why did I decide to do x?" These are things you should also be asking while viewing films. Or do you sit there and expect things to give you a message? The journey, not the ending, etc. c'mon son we're not in high school anymore.
You realize that it is a self-contained world, right? None of the choices you made matter because it isn't real. What matters is the feelings you had while you made them. You can decry an unsatisfying ending, yes. But you're focusing too much on the end of the journey instead of the journey. Do you also worry about death?

The ending is always paramount if you're trying to have a story that'll leave you with something to believe. Even though the story is poorly written I would at least think about what happened more than once if the ending wasn't a blatant fuck you to the player

We view endings differently I suppose. I understand your point and we can just leave it at that. Enjoy your night.

I'm torn about this game because I wanted to like it, but your decisions have no fucking repercussions at all. I thought somehow what you chose in the breakfast part (because it's such a HUGE time wasting part of the game) would end up being really important I dwelled on it and it ended up being complete filler. That being said, I did like Chloe, and I did like her dad. (I wish my dad pretended to care about me)

Good thing too, glad you saw my point

>play Telltale's TWD
>think its great
>play their Wolf game
>mfw its literally the same mechanic, you have option a or b in the end it doesnt matter

I TRIED SO HARD

GLASS HIM

>ywn be a cute gay teenage girl
:(

Until Dawn & Heavy Rain are still the best interactive movies. Choices that aren't a total illusion are a form of gameplay, sort of.

>The very nature of interactivity allows for a great connection to the characters. But few games pull this off in any meaningful well besides TWD S1 and Life Is Strange.
Brothers blew both of these out of the water with its game mechanics

Until Dawn had choices that actually mattered though. It wasn't like this shitfest where none of your actions mattered in the end.

i unironically love this game
bts episode 2 when?