Tom Hanks

Is he unironically underrated?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/lA_hNoGDM4Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

how exactly is Hanks underrated

LIEUTENANT DAN? LIEUTENANT DAAAAN!!!

2 oscars is clearly below his level. Wasn't even nominated for Captain Phillips (when he clearly should have won)

a lot of great actors have never won an oscar.

Hanks is called America's dad, you can't be underrated and called that.

>awards are an indicator of how good an actor is

youre terribly trying to put words in my mouth. I can only suggest you don't be so stupid when arguing next time.

I think Hanks is a fine actor but he shouldn't have won the Oscar for Philadelphia. Liam's Oskar Schindler was a far more nuanced performance. For Forrest Gump his biggest competition that year was fucking John Travolta.

He is now reaching DeNiro levels, if he keeps it up he will reach Seagal kino levels.

you said two oscars was below his level, so you obviously think that awards show how well received an actor is, am i wrong?

yes, dreadfully wrong.
I feel everyone accepts him as a good actor but in my opinion he is one of the best working today and should have more acclaim; rather than recognition of just being a famous movie star.

so you obviously place value on awards.
>everyone accepts him as a good actor
therefore he's not underrated is he? if awards don't hold any value then he's not underrated is he? jesus christ, and you have the gall to call me stupid

>admit that everyone thinks he is a good actor, despite him being one of the best working today
>not underrated
look in mirror next time you call someone stupid. I think English isn't your first language

you're monumentally retarded. do you want us to erect statues in honour of tom hanks? ask anyone who their favourite actors are and they'll probably list tom hanks in their top 10. that's not underrated.
explain to me clearly how everyone thinking he's a good actor is him being underrated.

>do you want us to erect statues in honour of tom hanks?
obviously.
stop being so anti-hanks

His performance in The Ladykillers is REALLY overlooked.

he's ok

The guy has zero range, plays the same woody shallow persona in each of his films.

He plays it safe, never challenges himself as an artist or chooses roles that may complicate his image or undermine his status as 'Americas dad' or whatever it is that you queers see him as

His son (Chet, the others are OK) is a complete friggen BURN OUT and had an iILLEGITINATE child (bastard) with a NEGRESS

Remember that time he challenged The Fonz to a karate match?
youtu.be/lA_hNoGDM4Y

Overacting not good acting

He is literally the most trusted man in America.

Besides the phenomenal final scenes when the medics are checking him out, it was a pretty standard performance.
Not Oscar-worthy, and definitely not winning that year.