/BRG/ - Blade Runner General

contrrarions and brainlets pls go

>Trailers, Shorts and Clips:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLVfin74Qx3tX7B749j_c9_nM-EZ8LlJcP

>The Graham Norton Show S22E01 Harrison Ford, Ryan Gosling
youtube.com/watch?v=oblUDgSeubw

Other urls found in this thread:

hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/netflix-my-ass-sony-film-boss-reveals-stunning-blade-runner-2049-footage-988909
youtube.com/watch?v=rVarn-m7o9k
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

last thread:
hidden in the hat edition

Reposting as old thread died

Just wrapped up rewatching the original in preparation for the new one. A question arises:

Will they go with the "Deckard is a Replicant" idea? A few lines from the trailer caught my ear, specifically how he talks about covering his tracks, and how they were hunting us. Now this could just mean he was protecting Rachel for those first couple years on the run, but it could also mean they both were Replicants, hence why he's still a recluse.

If that's the case he's obviously more advanced than the Nexus 6 models as it has been 30 years since the original movie. What do you guys think? Will he be human or a Replicant?

shit movie general

POSTING IN EBIN SHILL BVREAD FOR TRUE SHILLS

>a movie general thread
couldn't be more obvious youre advertising this film. Plenty of threads are up about this film and you make this thread with no questions about the film, just post a playlist of his promotional crap and a cast interview

/brg/ was made a day ago its not my fault stupid faggots don't know how to check the catalog

okay, genuine fans who have an idea, or viral marketing shills making this thread, whichever is out there, what role does Ana de Armas play? will she be a cute waifu? if any shills are out there who know you will guarantee a sale, just truthfully tell me that she's the waifu Rachael character with Gosling??? (for self-insert)

said the same thing yesterday in that thread, you mong.

the fuck u on about nigga

>PLENTY OF THREADS
this is the only one, rest are worshipping ryan or ana

that youre a mong for making sure a blatant marketing thread about a film.
the studio elders must be putting pressure on to make sure this $250m shitfest makes money

tinfoil shill fags pls go
no one would ever shill in this shithole

Ive spoiler'd it mods

Literally shaking. I've never been this excited for a new movie.

Its not even cgi

>no one would ever shill in this shithole
youve been rumbled

Plot twist.

Replicants/humans separation is not objective thing, it's just a social construct.

Where did they find a girl that big? Or is Ryan Gosling just really tiny?

holy shit, is br 2049 about to save cinema?

>times you acted like Officer Goose
>hologram waifu copypasta manifestos
>bautista posting of some kind probably just watch
>better yet there could be Ford or Leto posting depending on how they zone out or ham it up respectively
>obv will be ana de armas waifuposting constantly

this movie is part of the WestWorld canon. This is bladerunner world and a nude Ana stepped onto the scene before the shrink ray took effect

This girl look ugly.

>Scott is a senile fuck
>wants Deckard reveal as a replicant
>Villneuve is a smart guy
>puts enough stuff in the movie to let Scott's think he had his way
>but it actually leaves it open eneded

>2049 plot twist
>everyone's a replicant, and it's humans who are the slaves now.

>Will they go with the "Deckard is a Replicant" idea?

I'd hope not, it'd be highly inconsistent with both film and book. A Deckard replicant, in this case, would seemingly last as long as his body does, a body which obviously has aged like a human would. Given the propensity of replicants to at some point recognize that they are replicants, you wouldn't want replicant Blade Runners to have a lengthy lifespan.

>it'd be highly inconsistent with both film
hes a replicant in the first, so...

>Deckard is a Replicant
idk the new director but i hope he isn't that tacky.

maybe is the only answer

Villneuve is not a twisty guy
>but muh prevoius movies

Those were thrillers you fucks, they didnt have twists, just omissed narratives

>hes a replicant in the first, so...

Depending on the cut he's either human, replicant, or it's left ambiguous.

It also simply doesn't make a lot of sense to have Tyrell's personal aid (Rachel) be a Nexus 6 but have a random Blade Runner be a more advanced model.

He has said you won't get answers to stuff like that and it will remain ambiguous

Well the new movie is supposed to be a direct continuation of the first one, so it's possible we get the backstory for Deckard in this one.

bladekino

>cherrypicking screencaps from the trailer and still looks great
Damn

Fucking KINO god damn it

>all this fucking shilling
I don't think even capeshit movies get this many agressive shilling, but I seriously hope this movie lives up to the hype.

I also hope this movie doesn't have a dumb twist like this

Why the fuck is the lighting so fucking bland in nu-Blade Runner???
I'm not even talking teal/orange, or the fog that blurs every outdoor scene. Just look at how they lit an actor's face for example, at times it looks like a romcom.
They're just too lazy to find interesting ways to light anything, whereas in the original literally everything is well-lit and interesting to look at.

It will be better than capeshit at least.

the marketing has to be aggressive for this film. Some retard signed off a $250m budget.

you may be surprised but i couldn't care less is deckard is a replicant or not. Honestly that's not the reason why i like the blade runner movie.
i think one general at a time can hardly be called shilling. Especially when it seems like there are genuinely people excited for this

Reminder a british sitcom, Red Dwarf, created an atmopshere closer to Bladerunner than its direct sequel.

The new movie looks "too clean".

The old movie had a grimy and griitty feel to it.
I don't blame them though. We knew that is was going to be next to impossible to replicate the original movie's look.

sony are expecting capeshit levels of profit from it for some reason
hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/netflix-my-ass-sony-film-boss-reveals-stunning-blade-runner-2049-footage-988909

>a rain coat which has a funnel collar you to get drown in rainwater

reddit dwarf?

apologise. right now.

That's fucking dumb.

Fury Road didn't do very well, and i'm going to be impressed if this movie does better numbers than that.

could this be the best video about the original?
youtube.com/watch?v=rVarn-m7o9k

>it's a Sup Forums gets btfo once again episode

>thinking Bladerunner is going to make $750m+
lol glad Im not one of these marketers who is getting pressured to post here.
this movie is going be a stinker at the box office

that's a tiny car

>"yeah trust is, this is 100% real. we're totally not lying or anything"

>They will never cgi a sassy sexy secretary back into her prime ever again why run north

Hard shadows have somehow fallen off style. I don't know if that's due to digital cameras or what, but you can see that basically every modern production prefers soft lighting that illuminate all of the actors and sets features more than just some of them.

Should I watch Blade Runner 2049 in normal version or 3D?

TFA 2.0

Normal obviously. Just find a cinema with dolby hdr/atmos if you want something nicer. It wasnt made for 3D

If I want to watch Blade Runner 2049 in normal version, I have to wait till weekend. The 3D version will be showed on thursday. So should I wait till weekend or should I watch it on thursday on 3D?

dont watch it at all.

The conclusion you should be drawing is that their opinions can't be trusted not because they have shit taste, which they might, rather because they're paid to praise those movies. Meaning it's possible that Goose Runner is good because their reviews can't be taken as indicative of its quality so they're irrelevant. They're just professional viral marketers.

I'm really hoping that this will be good despite the shitty trailers. Best case scenario, they're making it seem like a generic sci-fi action to draw in mass audiences.

Why don't you flip a fucking coin?

>I'm really hoping that this will be good despite the shitty trailers.
The spoilers point to a big no

Buuuuut you still haven't answerd my question: Should I watch it in 3D or the normal version!

Is Deckard a replicant in this?
Otherwise Harrison Ford would be in it, right?

It's left ambiguous once again.

I haven't read the spoilers because I don't want to get fucking spoiled. The trailers already show too much for my taste.

This is an actual spoiler so don't click it if you don't want the end ruined for you

No but his cock has the power to create children with replicants

Thought Fury Road made back its budget, and a bit more?

Pretty good for a sequal to a movie that the last entry was 30 years beforehand, especially these days.
I must admit though, if iller does get to do more, I would hope it's less full on action, I doubt he'd get another budget the size of Fury Road too...still find myself enjoying Road Warrior much more.

sequel to fury road has been announced

>that fucking coat
>cgi car
eurrgh

>cgi car
Its a real movie meme car

>villenueve
>sequel
guaranteed garbage. nothing to see here.

Where were you when Villenueve saved kino?