Will we witness true Lovecraftian Kino in our lifetime?

will we witness true Lovecraftian Kino in our lifetime?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=uPP1e7hOyik
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

i miss Megas XLR

Will we witness you posting an actually funny thread in our lifetime?

*earth shattering fart noise*

I hope not because it will be ruined by niggers. The time for such kino passed with the 90s and it should stay like that.

In our lifetime? Maybe. But right now? If Hollywood had a Lovecraft script, they'd make it "a legacy" and turn it into a lovecraft-verse that would look more like Transformers than Chthulu or any of his novels.
A small budget film could maybe turn it into a detective type of story or some pastiche like Re-animator but judging by the state of horror in general nowadays, it could be a straight to dvd type of deal.
Maybe we'll have a true lovecraftian film again, but it would mean a change in the industry itself or some big guy director. Guillermo Del Toro was supposed to do one, and he's a sweet guy, but he's not a magician and he has a couple scripts or ideas that will never get made.

no

even fucking Sup Forums thinks its about the "LE EBIN CTHULU MONSTERS" imagine what (((Hollywood))) would do

>even fucking Sup Forums thinks its about the "LE EBIN CTHULU MONSTERS"

>missing the point of this meme this hard

The only way to do it is market it as something else (Rom com, com, feel good, action comedy and have the movie start that way) and then have a hot fuzz creepy inflection that gets creepier.

It would also need to leave the audience unfulfilled and confused to get a true lovecraftian vibe.

that one Innsmouth-inspired quest in Oblivion.

>Innsmouth
lewd

no because hollywood will insist on inserting a love story into it and everyone knows there are absolutely no women in Lovecraft. only white men.

>a meme having a point

I don't remember that quest, what's it called?

Banshee Chapter is, in my opinion, the best lovecraftian movie to date. Creeped me right the fuck out, and it did the cosmic/unknown horror quite well, I thought. It's far from a masterpiece, but it's better than any other lovecraftian movies that I've seen. They Look Like People was great too, but that's not quite as lovecraftian. Still might qualify, though.

Shadow over Hackdirt

AM1200 is lovecraftian brah

Yeah but that sucked though

lol OP hasn't seen the endless. new lovecraftian kino that is smashing every film festival atm

so it's pretty accurate then lmao

>this dude is professionally fucking how own qt blonde wife with shemales

Lmfao

what

>this dude is professionally fucking how own qt blonde wife with shemales

>>this dude is professionally fucking how own qt blonde wife with shemales

if you witness it you will go mad

>Banshee Chapter
anons, please avoid this flick at all costs. Terrible Z-movie.

>tfw terrified that hollywood will fuck over any possible market for Lovecraft adaptations before I can make my Innsmouth and Thing on the Doorstep movies

solid get lad.

No because in order to do Lovecraft you'd have to be capable of showing restraint, ideally you wouldn't show a monster at all. Despite his overuse of adjectives Lovecraft often simply stated that the creature was too horrific to describe. That being said I would really like to see an adaption of The Dunwich Horror.

Don't worry, Lovecraft was a racist. They won't touch him for a while.

is that a ymgarl genestealer?

Only if the alt-right wins and Hollywood jews are ovened and replaced with proper Europeans

Being too stupid to understand it doesn't mean theres no point to it

youtube.com/watch?v=uPP1e7hOyik

It already exists

Too difficult to adapt the best Lovecraft works for general audiences on film and have it be kino. It'll either be watered down to the point where it's unrecognizable as Lovecraftian or too obnoxious with the horror themes. The best you can hope for is a small independent film that adapts one of the smaller scale works.

Now hear me out here guys:
What if Cthulu WASN'T JUST A STORY???

>this dude is professionally fucking his own qt blonde wife with shemales

we already got 'em:
>2001
>the thing
>predator
>in the mouth of madness
>mothman prophecies
>the mist
inb4 muh unimaginable

I don't want to see Lovecraft adaptations so much as I just want atmospheric horror heavily inspired by him. A Cthulhu film would most likely be terrible.